The Trump Presidency...

Not yet but the rumor is very soon. Trump needs adult supervision at all times, they should have stapled the 3x5 cards to his hands and put a shock collar on him when he was meeting with Putin....
Would that have helped?

Him reading of a single sheet or two for his “ misspeak” did not prevent him adding a few words and Trump himself or one of his carers putting on the important bit with a big black sharpie so he could not forget it.

Would that have helped?

Him reading of a single sheet or two for his “ misspeak” did not prevent him adding a few words and Trump himself or one of his carers putting on the important bit with a big black sharpie so he could not forget it.
His body language was a joy to behold...

What your not the 51st unofficial colony?? Granted you would never be accepted as a State. You folks however are adopting some scarily American traits.

Putin is a career spook, the man is very good at this game.
We seem to be useful as Airstrip One though, eh?

The Special Relationship is always more special for one than the other, bit like a rather regrettable "ten to two" in a club or a tumble with a colleague after a few too many G&T's.

But nations have to be a bit more thoughtful than this; because our adversary's are.

Until now, i thought we shared a common enemy - a Revanchist Russia (and others).

We seem to be useful as Airstrip One though, eh?

The Special Relationship is always more special for one than the other, bit like a rather regrettable "ten to two" in a club or a tumble with a colleague after a few too many G&T's.

But nations have to be a bit more thoughtful than this; because our adversary's are.

Until now, i thought we shared a common enemy - a Revanchist Russia (and others).

I think you folks are critical military and economic partners. I also think we are not going to agree on everything either and we have had some sharp differences, but in the end it also works out.

I don't think you can say we are chummy with Russia due to POTUS and his epic cluster of a press conference. The fallout here is pretty real, and Trump managed to pull a 180 in less than 24 hours. So when he finally understood how bigly he screwed up, he goes into damage control mode.

Actions speak louder than words. As it stands so far we have not pulled out of NATO, or withdrawn our forces from Europe. We have not officially recognized the Crimea as a Russian possession although it is now. We are still sending lots of new toys and kit to Europe to counter the Russian threat. Honestly if you look at it from a slightly different perspective this error of his might actually benefit the alliance as a whole. Now that he looks like Putin's bitch, he can't pull out of NATO or weaken our contribution to it, because the man will lose more face. Personally I would lobby him to station a division in Poland, to show just that. Exploiting his vanity in order to better protect the United States is something I would do.

Not sure if a link to a Keir Giles piece on the Chatham House website has been posted. If it has apologies for repeating it.
After Trump–Putin Summit, Europe Should Breathe a Sigh of Relief
It is a good summary of the Putin-Trump Helsinki meeting and why it was a big fat freddie for one side and a triumph for the other.
Tallies quite well with the MD scenario I outlined a few days ago.

I wonder if Agent Orange can see the irony in haranguing his NATO allies about the need to be spending more on defence, while then telling them and the world that Putin isn't a threat, so the need to spend more on 'heavy metal' conventional defence capabilities isn't there.

Last edited:
Well you mong when a state is in recession you still feel the pinch if you live in it.
What did Obama help do to the coal industry? He ensured it’s demise by EPA regulations. Trust me we had our emissions plan laid out for us state by state in order to comply with Paris.
And still no evidence to back up your previous claims, I dont suppose you have proof to show he is killed off the coal industry?

And still no evidence to back up your previous claims, I dont suppose you have proof to show he is killed off the coal industry?
I don't suppose you could google Obama's clean power plan......or perhaps his moratorium on new coal leases on federal land. Or explain what happens when a state generates 90 percent of it's power from coal and has to reduce it's carbon emission by 37-44 percent under the final federal plan?

Just recovered by itself then? or do you think Trump managed its current high state and unemployment rate?
Something to do perhaps with a tax cut, and reducing the bureaucratic regulations that hold things up maybe? When consumers have more money to spend they tend to buy more crap which makes the world go round.

I don't suppose you could google Obama's clean power plan......or perhaps his moratorium on new coal leases on federal land. Or explain what happens when a state generates 90 percent of it's power from coal and has to reduce it's carbon emission by 37-44 percent under the final federal plan?
No I couldnt, becuase you made the claim, its up to you to back it up, I know you Trumpettes have trouble with facts but you could at least try and stop posting opinions as fact.