The Trump Presidency...

Let me just check, do you mean the same US intelligence community that told us Saddam had WMD?
Without looking it up, but from memory they didn't.

It was Bush's team who twisted the interpretation and the reports to say there were WMDs.

Willing to be corrected if I mis-spoke, sorry mis-remembered.
'•In October 2002, Bush said that Saddam Hussein had a "massive stockpile" of biological weapons. But as CIA Director George Tenet noted in early 2004, the CIA had informed policymakers it had "no specific information on the types or quantities of weapons agent or stockpiles at Baghdad's disposal." The "massive stockpile" was just literally made up.
•In December 2002, Bush declared, "We do not know whether or not [Iraq] has a nuclear weapon." That was not what the National Intelligence Estimate said. As Tenet would later testify, "We said that Saddam did not have a nuclear weapon and probably would have been unable to make one until 2007 to 2009." Bush did know whether or not Iraq had a nuclear weapon — and lied and said he didn’t know to hype the threat.
•On CNN in September 2002, Condoleezza Rice claimed that aluminum tubes purchased by Iraq were "only really suited for nuclear weapons programs." This was precisely the opposite of what nuclear experts at the Energy Department were saying; they argue that not only was it very possible the tubes were for nonnuclear purposes but that it was very likely they were too. Even more dire assessments about the tubes from other agencies were exaggerated by administration officials — and in any case, the claim that they’re "only really suited" for nuclear weapons is just false.
•On numerous occasions, Dick Cheney cited a report that 9/11 conspirator Mohammed Atta had met in Prague with an Iraqi intelligence officer. He said this after the CIA and FBI concluded that this meeting never took place.
•More generally on the question of Iraq and al-Qaeda, on September 18, 2001, Rice received a memo summarizing intelligence on the relationship, which concluded there was little evidence of links. Nonetheless Bush continued to claim that Hussein was "a threat because he’s dealing with al-Qaeda" more than a year later.
•In August 2002, Dick Cheney declared, "Simply stated, there's no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction." But as Corn notes, at that time there was "no confirmed intelligence at this point establishing that Saddam had revived a major WMD operation." Gen. Anthony Zinni, who had heard the same intelligence and attended Cheney’s speech, would later say in a documentary, "It was a total shock. I couldn't believe the vice president was saying this, you know? In doing work with the CIA on Iraq WMD, through all the briefings I heard at Langley, I never saw one piece of credible evidence that there was an ongoing program." '

No, really, George W. Bush lied about WMDs

Without looking it up, but from memory they didn't.

It was Bush's team who twisted the interpretation and the reports to say there were WMDs.

Willing to be corrected if I mis-spoke, sorry mis-remembered.
Google Hallabjah.

Saddam had, and used WMDs.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
How’s his wall getting along now?
I posted a link a while back, oddly enough he is not even slightly close to doing what he said, off hand he has done about 15% of what he claimed, around 25% have been kicked into touch or changed beyond recognition and the rest are in progress. I also posted a media bias link which stated the site was left of centre but was always well sourced and factual. Guess which bit the Trump groupies leapt on to scream false news, so sad etc etc.

Google Hallabjah.

Saddam had, and used WMDs.
That's never been in dispute
He used them in the 90s as well on the Marsh Arabs - which IIRC was the incentive to the whole get rid of them that culminated in the 2003 invasion.

The argument today is whether he still had them
The problem was his failure to comply with UN resolutions to demonstrate not only had he scrapped them but the capability to produce them.
The controversy of course starts with the UN arguing he needed more time as it appeared he was beginning to comply and of course the 45 mins claim and other "sexing up" that was used to justify the invasion.

That's as maybe* but he was voted in by a system that however flawed the country was by and large happy with until it delivered the wrong result.
I've posted several times the results of a longitudinal Pew survey showing that in the postwar era majorities of Americans across all socioeconomic profiles and political affiliations wanted to do away with the Electoral College each time they were asked.

Oddly enough, some of the Redder states have shown a sudden increased fondness for it since 2016 - inversely proportional to the melanin content of the Oval Office. Go figure!

I managed to catch the clip of Trump riding the reversocycle early this morning, he looked like a kidnap victim reading a prepared statement and to be honest the fact he had to voice his support for his own intelligence services from a script was an insult to them.

Trump had two options the first was to put his hands up and appolgise for making a stupid statement unfortunately he chose the second option which was to polish up his brass neck, conjure up some preposterous bullshit excuse and to treat the US electorate as if they are utterly stupid.

Some pretty good analysis and comment without the hysteria of either pro- or anti-Trump partisans.

' “FROM this moment on, it’s going to be America first. America first.” That was the promise Donald Trump made in his first speech as president. He said America’s interests would dictate all his decisions, whether on trade, immigration, foreign policy or anything else. But when he met Vladimir Putin this week, Mr Trump put himself first, Russia second and the United States depressingly, inexplicably last.

'The uproar over Mr Trump’s weird behaviour in Helsinki is unlike any other controversy he has faced so far, which is saying something, because he’s run pretty much the whole gauntlet of scandal at this point. It isn’t about him being sexist, racist, ignorant, dishonest or offensive — you know, any of the usual stuff. This time it is more serious. Mr Trump didn’t just suck up to a murderous dictator. He defended a hostile foreign country while denigrating his own, heaping blame on the United States for the deterioration of its relationship with Russia.

'Mr Trump is desperate to prove he is a legitimate president who was elected without Russia’s help. That is what matters to him. He does not care one jot about actually catching the people who tried to subvert America’s democracy. He is putting his own personal interest above his country’s. It is not America first, it’s Trump first, and in this case the two are mutually exclusive. Mr Trump’s words at the joint press conference with Mr Putin clearly advanced the cause of just one nation — the wrong one. Russia.

'The core problem here — and the reason so many on Mr Trump’s own side of politics have spent the past two days in full-on freak-out mode — is that Mr Trump can no longer be trusted to protect America’s interests. In other words, he cannot reliably fulfil the most basic duty of his office. Doubts about Mr Trump’s loyalty have lingered for ages, but before this week, they belonged in the realm of wild conspiracy theories.

'As the man himself likes to say at every opportunity, there is no evidence he personally colluded with Russia during the election. But I’m not talking about collusion at the moment, or treason, or anything quite so sinister. The question is not whether Mr Trump is a secret Russian asset — it is whether Americans can rely on him to selflessly put their wellbeing ahead of his own.'

‘Trump can no longer be trusted’

I was watching a live stream by a former Republican strategist turned political pundit who keeps his ear to the ground this morning, he said the gossip is that things were so difficult between Trump and General Kelly on the flight back that staff had to keep him at the other end of the plane and that he and Mattis may be handing in their cards because they've had enough.
Kelly is gone, I just pray Mattis stays.

I managed to catch the clip of Trump riding the reversocycle early this morning, he looked like a kidnap victim reading a prepared statement and to be honest the fact he had to voice his support for his own intelligence services from a script was an insult to them.

Trump had two options the first was to put his hands up and appolgise for making a stupid statement unfortunately he chose the second option which was to polish up his brass neck, conjure up some preposterous bullshit excuse and to treat the US electorate as if they are utterly stupid.

Many of the US electorate are clearly utterly stupid.