The Trump Presidency...

Let me just check, do you mean the same US intelligence community that told us Saddam had WMD?
That's the one, same intelligence community that housed Osama Bin Liner for the strike by US Forces.

Same intelligence community that is having to stand up to protect the American election system because the boss can't be bothered to.

- The Washington Post

It is the latest initiative by national security agencies to push back against Russian aggression in the absence of direct guidance from the White House on the issue

I keep saying it, Trump learned all his best tricks off Reagan :)
Taylor Downing's excellent '1983: The World at the Brink' is well worth a read to understand why, and over what period, Reagan changed his stance and opinion of Russia. It didn't occur overnight on a flight back to the USA.

517-u+uDgAL__SX316_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Last edited:
I was watching a live stream by a former Republican strategist turned political pundit who keeps his ear to the ground this morning, he said the gossip is that things were so difficult between Trump and General Kelly on the flight back that staff had to keep him at the other end of the plane and that he and Mattis may be handing in their cards because they've had enough.

<snigger> Excellent..

You're still swallowing all that guff?
Well i'm bombarded with the b0ll0cks going on the UK from a bunch of third rate nobodies in Parliament dithering in indecision, self-interest and the unwillingness to accept the result of a democratic vote carried out under the rules of our voting system, and sadly, like every other member of the population in any democracy, I have no choice.

i must say I never had you down as a reactionary

I was watching a live stream by a former Republican strategist turned political pundit who keeps his ear to the ground this morning, he said the gossip is that things were so difficult between Trump and General Kelly on the flight back that staff had to keep him at the other end of the plane and that he and Mattis may be handing in their cards because they've had enough.
The man is not worthy of the office of POTUS.

Well i'm bombarded with the b0ll0cks going on the UK from a bunch of third rate nobodies in Parliament dithering in indecision, self-interest and the unwillingness to accept the result of a democratic vote carried out under the rules of our voting system, and sadly, like every other member of the population in any democracy, I have no choice.

i must say I never had you down as a reactionary
A total non answer.
About as good as "Look, a badger!"

A total non answer.
About as good as "Look, a badger!"
I dont think it was a total non answer. I said I have no choice. Its called democracy. The next time I have my say will be when I'm invited to vote on an issue as its the only thing that (is supposed to) count.

What I would like to see is some form of contract between government and people that makes the manifesto binding. If you look at the fuss in the US, its because Trump is actually implementing his manifesto and the people who didnt vote for him dont like it.

What we have in the UK is most people are content (on the whole) post election as neither party every really does what it says its going to do - as a consequence, the big issues never get addressed, such as cuts to the armed forces, disassembling and rebuilding the NHS so its fit for purpose, restructuring the Police Service, merging social care and healthcare and scrapping two tier Local Government.

In the US, you have a change agent in charge and he is doing what he says. In the UK, we have had a series of either weak or divisive administrators who have either done nothing, or implemented a social engineering strategy that's ****ed the very communities (and working classes) they purport to represent - hence BREXIT.

I will have my vote next time and it wont be Tory - ever again. They are not to be trusted.

Disruptive transformation, seems to be all the rage in some quarters.
Strangely not in the Kremlin.

They seem to like having it in Washington though, there's a clue there.

The man is not worthy of the office of POTUS.
That's as maybe* but he was voted in by a system that however flawed the country was by and large happy with until it delivered the wrong result. Much like the UK when the UK system becomes flawed and corrupt to millions who previously had no issue the moment it doesn't deliver a Labour win***.

The Mans elected hes there no amount of whining and hand ringing will change that.
Nor will the current refusal in some quarters to accept he isn't satan reincarnate and not everything he does is an attempt to emulate 1930s Germany - that's simply going to backfire and garner the man some sympathy

*Not that I disagree with you - but I didn't think Hilary was worthy either - just more popular with the Luvies. The fact these are the 2 candidates put forward suggests either
A) Democrats and republicans were positive a Woman would become president that from a Democrat stand point anything fitting the description would do, and from a Republican standpoint no point contesting this time so let Trump spunk his money up the wall and get him out of our hair** . Somewhat borne out by Hilarys - vote for me im a woman - look at the nasty policies and ideas trump supports - carefully ignore my support for them up until today campaign heartily endorsed by - Only a sexist wouldn't vote for Hilary media whores and celebrities - coupled with piss poor performance from the republican camp - Followed by a collective oh shit.

b) They really couldn't organise the proverbial in a brewery and its time to bring them back into the UK

**Perhaps not the best 2 expressions ensemble

***Stand fast mr shankyboots you aren't included in those figures - you had previously expressed dissatisfaction.

Last edited: