The Trump Presidency...

So business as per usual on every change of President/ruling party, but because "Waaaahhhh Trump" it's the end of life as we know it in the US.
Not really, no. If it were business as usual, there would be no basis in fact for Trump supporters to claim he was doing anything but following Obama's policies. That he's very consciously made it business as unusual means business... er... isn't usual.

He does expect to other chap not to respond to things changing, which is rather curious in someone who's such a great deal-maker.

Six of the eight top oil-pumping states hit recession

https://www.google.com/amp/s/trib.c...b0daaf14-31ae-5d94-9a5d-7272aea2f0a0.amp.html

Now the best part, you are still going to need a lot of the obsolete fossil fuels to make your clean energy. I know this is shocking but they don’t grow from the ground.

To Get Wind Power You Need Oil
I don't know if the Shale Boom passed you by, but the world was awash with fossil fuels. The prices crashed.
The only exception was coal, because most industrial nations are trying to stop using it.
It is filthy muck.
Now, that is a combination of market forces, environmental awareness, improved technology and a normal boom and bust cycle.
Just how was that Obama's fault?
And if you seriously think Trump is going to turn the clock back and reopen mines shut down as uneconomic for thirty years, then that is a triumph of hope of reality.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Really? I watched him put realpolitik above petty point scoring by downplaying differences and historic transgressions (the type of which both countries have been committing in each other’s backyards for decades) in public (without knowing what has been discussed on the issues behind closed doors) and instead concentrating on building forward new, stronger relationships with another Nuclear power with whom the US has shared interests in over issues such as China, the Middle East and Islamic terrorism.
Yet I am the blinkered one? If you think that relationship is anything other than one way I don't know what to tell you.

I don't know if the Shale Boom passed you by, but the world was awash with fossil fuels. The prices crashed.
The only exception was coal, because most industrial nations are trying to stop using it.
It is filthy muck.
Now, that is a combination of market forces, environmental awareness, improved technology and a normal boom and bust cycle.
Just how was that Obama's fault?
And if you seriously think Trump is going to turn the clock back and reopen mines shut down as uneconomic for thirty years, then that is a triumph of hope of reality.

Cap and trade and carbon tax. Add to the fact that the EPA was weaponized under his administration and you get the idea.

Cap and trade and carbon tax. Add to the fact that the EPA was weaponized under his administration and you get the idea.
Err.. you mean that the Environmental Protection Agency was sort of allowed to do the job it was set up to do?
You know .
Preventing pollution, waste dumping and stuff?
I've never heard of a Government department that actually does what it is supposed to do is "weaponised".

Is this one of those"Evil Big Government oppressing the Free Men of America" tropes that mutates into "taking our guns away," "and "Black helicopters,"...?

Edit- No my apologies! It is actually a quote from Scott Pruitt,Trump's placeman in the EPA!
The one who just resigned in an ethics scandal...

I think this reaction to the Trump meeting with Putin is premature, he seems to always have a longer game. As far as going out there and slagging Putin to his face in his country, what would that ever achieve?

Someone commented earlier, of course the US are doing the same thing in Russia, and everywhere else, even worse was the overt overthrow of Saddam. You can’t then go and play bad cop with Putin with the hand Trump was dealt from Junior, he would look an even bigger idiot.

A little meddling in an election is hugely different to regime change.

Nothing new is it? The (kgb funded?) atomkraft nein danke hysteria saw a pretty much identical German reaction to Reagan in his early years, ie. the run up to deployment of Pershing II - Reagan was a warmonger, genocidal maniac, an existential threat to world peace, etc. - but look what happened next...
" We're going to take down that wall , and we're going to get the Soviets to pay for it " you mean ?

I think this reaction to the Trump meeting with Putin is premature, he seems to always have a longer game. As far as going out there and slagging Putin to his face in his country, what would that ever achieve?

Someone commented earlier, of course the US are doing the same thing in Russia, and everywhere else, even worse was the overt overthrow of Saddam. You can’t then go and play bad cop with Putin with the hand Trump was dealt from Junior, he would look an even bigger idiot.

Russia achieved regime change.
They actively worked to ruin one candidate, who would have pursued an anti Russian status quo policy, while putting a pliable puppet in power.

Freudian slip? Last I knew, Helsinki was in Finland, not Russia....fan of expanding mother Russia are we?

Err.. you mean that the Environmental Protection Agency was sort of allowed to do the job it was set up to do?
You know .
Preventing pollution, waste dumping and stuff?
I've never heard of a Government department that actually does what it is supposed to do is "weaponised".

Is this one of those"Evil Big Government oppressing the Free Men of America" tropes that mutates into "taking our guns away," "and "Black helicopters,"...?

Edit- No my apologies! It is actually a quote from Scott Pruitt,Trump's placeman in the EPA!
The one who just resigned in an ethics scandal...
I know you don't know how things work over here but read this.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomas...mas-weaponization-of-government/#4f477ade1b92

Obama abused the hell out of his powers, and government agencies also did the same.

Russia achieved regime change.
They actively worked to ruin one candidate, who would have pursued an anti Russian status quo policy, while putting a pliable puppet in power.
To steal a metaphor, the Russians are not hiding under your bed, but are perhaps leaving a few post it notes in the lavatory of your local pub, or on the lamppost at the nearest taxi stand. That reality, is completely out of proportion to the paranoid stuff, you and other are selling around the forum.

To influence voters requires an immense PUBLIC effort, look at polling data and you can see people simply do not move on single events, be they fake or real.

To shift the polls you need more than words, but tangible actions, which make people want to vote for/against a candidate.

Indeed. Regime change is blunt, meddling in elections to secure your preference is for professionals.

Bit like the difference between pummling someone to the ground, or a little bit of a slap to the brachial artery....

I am sure the CIA has a budget to try and undermine all Russian elections, I am not pushing a pro trump agenda, I’m just suggesting that trump and Putin both know the games they play and if the expectation from what I am hearing from the western media is trump has committed treason, it seems to be very naive (which it isn’t). Surely both sides know elections are fair game for espionage and interference so really, is this not a non story?

To shift the polls you need more than words, but tangible actions, which make people want to vote for/against a candidate.
The result of the Brexit referendum casts doubt on the veracity of your statement. In the information age, perception is everything.

#EpicBedWetting #FacePalmContinuousLoop
Oh yes. A meme. How imaginative.

Do you have some problem with reality?
Oh yes. You support Trump, so obviously you do.

The regime was a continuation of a Democrat government that would have maintained standard trade and diplomatic relations with the world.
Russia didn't want that.
Russia worked to change the regime.
QED.

Now, do you have another cartoon that you can use, instead of thinking?
One in crayon, perhaps?