The Trump Presidency...

Yeah, but Clinton, Obama and so on and so forth. It does make you wonder what Trump actually has to do, before some people will say "hmm that's a bit much. "
Probably some actual impartial commentary and investigative journalism rather than the wailing of rabid anti-trump moonhowlers who run around screaming the sky is falling every time Donald tweets.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Probably some actual impartial commentary and investigative journalism rather than the wailing of rabid anti-trump moonhowlers who run around screaming the sky is falling every time Donald tweets.
I watched him sell out his own people, something you appear comfortable with. Nothing to do with journalists, but everything to do with what he said himself.

I watched him sell out his own people, something you appear comfortable with. Nothing to do with journalists, but everything to do with what he said himself.
Exactly.

His own words damn him.

Like the anti-NATO rant where he claimed several times that the US pays 90% of the costs of NATO, which is manifestly false.

Not lefty journalists damning him but the apparent disconnect between reality, his brain and his gob doing the job for them.

Really? I watched him put realpolitik above petty point scoring by downplaying differences and historic transgressions (the type of which both countries have been committing in each other’s backyards for decades) in public (without knowing what has been discussed on the issues behind closed doors) and instead concentrating on building forward new, stronger relationships with another Nuclear power with whom the US has shared interests in over issues such as China, the Middle East and Islamic terrorism.

You might want to check your facts, and do your own research. Obama didn’t manage the economy for shit.
I did.
I also looked beyond Obama not doing anything for a dying coal industry, his attempts to not let his poorest citizens die early, or the fact that he had a bit of a suntan.
Obama's Final Numbers - FactCheck.org

• The economy gained a net 11.6 million jobs. The unemployment rate dropped to below the historical norm.
  • Average weekly earnings for all workers were up 4.0 percent after inflation. The gain was 3.7 percent for just production and nonsupervisory employees.
  • After-tax corporate profits also set records, as did stock prices. The S&P 500 index rose 166 percent.
  • The number of people lacking health insurance dropped by 15 million. Premiums rose, but more slowly than before.
  • The federal debt owed to the public rose 128 percent. Deficits were rising as Obama departed.
  • Home prices rose 20 percent. But the home ownership rate hit the lowest point in half a century.
  • Illegal immigration declined: The Border Patrol caught 35 percent fewer people trying to get into the U.S. from Mexico.
  • Wind and solar power increased 369 percent. Coal production declined 38 percent. Carbon emissions from burning fossil fuel dropped 11 percent.
  • Production of handguns rose 192 percent, to a record level.
  • The murder rate dropped to the lowest on record in 2014, then rose and finished at about the same rate as when Obama took office.

He inherited a complete car crash of an economy, and a totally uncooperative Republican Party.
Did Donald Trump inherit 'a mess' from Barack Obama?

By the time Obama was inaugurated in 2009, the unemployment rate had spiked from 5 percent to 7.8 percent, on its way to 10 percent a few months later. A rising tide of middle-class families were losing homes, turning to food stamps and seeking government-sponsored health care for the first time.

Yet Obama handed Trump the reins of an economy with a 4.7 percent unemployment rate; 75 consecutive months of job growth; rising stock prices, home values, corporate profits and consumer confidence; low inflation; and, following several years of sluggish income growth, a record spike in middle-class incomes.

In 2016, increases in hourly earnings accelerated, which, when combined with increased rates of employment, helped boost overall household incomes. Real household debt is lower than it was in 2006.

"As 2016 ends, the U.S. labor market is in its best shape since the recession, with nearly every measure of the market at its most favorable level in years," economist Jed Kolko concluded in his end-of-the-year report for the jobs website Indeed.

In other words, Obama left the economy in much better shape than he inherited it, even if it remains imperfect for every American.

"In general, the response to the Great Recession was forceful but sensible," Edward Glaeser, a Harvard University economist, told us last year. "There were few massive mistakes on his watch."

You, personally, may have lost out. Except in the increased production of handguns.

Some States, especially those locked into obsolete or rustbelt industries may have lost out.
Nationally, America was far better off at the end of Obama's term of office than when he took over.

It should take the Trump administration at least two years to reverse those trends, so you have another year or so before the manure hits the rotating thing.

Be fair to @LJONESY - he’s been quite honest that he doesn’t totally like trump, but it has meant that his family is better off (to the tune of £3k ish a year) - I’m sure that many would agree that family comes first.

If Corbyn, by some stroke of damned luck (for him) managed to get into power, and suddenly I was £3k a year better off, it would soften the blow somewhat. I still wouldn’t like the bloke, and it wouldn’t make me a prospect for his momentum gang.

I don’t think most of you Brits realize just how much life sucked under BO. That man was more concerned about the world, then the citizens who lived in his own country. He was hated here, with a passion. Life sucked after the recession in 2008/2009. Then in 2016 we got hit again, and 25,000 jobs were lost. Which might not seem like much until you realize that only about 267,000 people are employed in this state.

So yes we overwhelmingly voted for the Donald, because Hillary would have just continued the trend BO was on. When the average Joe loses his job, while DC thrives and our political leadership gives not a feck it leaves long memories. I spent more time trying to cut expenses in the family budget, and maintain a decent quality of life under BO than anything else. I have not personally gotten a cola in about 5 years now. My employer actually cut wages in all state positions significantly. The only thing that went up slightly were my VA bennies because they are tied to social security increases.

So while the world can think BO was a saint you did not have to deal with his policies for the home team. We despised the man and still do.

Hawaii, D.C. Residents Most Approving of Obama in 2013

I did.
I also looked beyond Obama not doing anything for a dying coal industry, his attempts to not let his poorest citizens die early, or the fact that he had a bit of a suntan.
Obama's Final Numbers - FactCheck.org

• The economy gained a net 11.6 million jobs. The unemployment rate dropped to below the historical norm.
  • Average weekly earnings for all workers were up 4.0 percent after inflation. The gain was 3.7 percent for just production and nonsupervisory employees.
  • After-tax corporate profits also set records, as did stock prices. The S&P 500 index rose 166 percent.
  • The number of people lacking health insurance dropped by 15 million. Premiums rose, but more slowly than before.
  • The federal debt owed to the public rose 128 percent. Deficits were rising as Obama departed.
  • Home prices rose 20 percent. But the home ownership rate hit the lowest point in half a century.
  • Illegal immigration declined: The Border Patrol caught 35 percent fewer people trying to get into the U.S. from Mexico.
  • Wind and solar power increased 369 percent. Coal production declined 38 percent. Carbon emissions from burning fossil fuel dropped 11 percent.
  • Production of handguns rose 192 percent, to a record level.
  • The murder rate dropped to the lowest on record in 2014, then rose and finished at about the same rate as when Obama took office.

He inherited a complete car crash of an economy, and a totally uncooperative Republican Party.
Did Donald Trump inherit 'a mess' from Barack Obama?

By the time Obama was inaugurated in 2009, the unemployment rate had spiked from 5 percent to 7.8 percent, on its way to 10 percent a few months later. A rising tide of middle-class families were losing homes, turning to food stamps and seeking government-sponsored health care for the first time.

Yet Obama handed Trump the reins of an economy with a 4.7 percent unemployment rate; 75 consecutive months of job growth; rising stock prices, home values, corporate profits and consumer confidence; low inflation; and, following several years of sluggish income growth, a record spike in middle-class incomes.

In 2016, increases in hourly earnings accelerated, which, when combined with increased rates of employment, helped boost overall household incomes. Real household debt is lower than it was in 2006.

"As 2016 ends, the U.S. labor market is in its best shape since the recession, with nearly every measure of the market at its most favorable level in years," economist Jed Kolko concluded in his end-of-the-year report for the jobs website Indeed.

In other words, Obama left the economy in much better shape than he inherited it, even if it remains imperfect for every American.

"In general, the response to the Great Recession was forceful but sensible," Edward Glaeser, a Harvard University economist, told us last year. "There were few massive mistakes on his watch."

You, personally, may have lost out. Except in the increased production of handguns.

Some States, especially those locked into obsolete or rustbelt industries may have lost out.
Nationally, America was far better off at the end of Obama's term of office than when he took over.

It should take the Trump administration at least two years to reverse those trends, so you have another year or so before the manure hits the rotating thing.

Six of the eight top oil-pumping states hit recession

https://www.google.com/amp/s/trib.c...b0daaf14-31ae-5d94-9a5d-7272aea2f0a0.amp.html

Now the best part, you are still going to need a lot of the obsolete fossil fuels to make your clean energy. I know this is shocking but they don’t grow from the ground.

To Get Wind Power You Need Oil

I don’t think most of you Brits realize just how much life sucked under BO. That man was more concerned about the world, then the citizens who lived in his own country. He was hated here, with a passion. Life sucked after the recession in 2008/2009. Then in 2016 we got hit again, and 25,000 jobs were lost. Which might not seem like much until you realize that only about 267,000 people are employed in this state.

So yes we overwhelmingly voted for the Donald, because Hillary would have just continued the trend BO was on. When the average Joe loses his job, while DC thrives and our political leadership gives not a feck it leaves long memories. I spent more time trying to cut expenses in the family budget, and maintain a decent quality of life under BO than anything else. I have not personally gotten a cola in about 5 years now. My employer actually cut wages in all state positions significantly. The only thing that went up slightly were my VA bennies because they are tied to social security increases.

So while the world can think BO was a saint you did not have to deal with his policies for the home team. We despised the man and still do.

Which is why Trump will get in again. The problem with Brits is they believe everything the BBC says and the read on line. When you talk to people on the ground in the US, peoples views are very different to those pumped out on CNN and the BBC. Funnily enough, a bit like BREXIT

A) Populations and governments are not the same.

B) Other governments don't have to like what they do to be able to plan based on certain assumptions about how they act.

C) The people planning statecraft tend to dislike unpredictable and those outside the US will make alternative arrangements if they think they can't rely on certain habits of action from Washington. That means making compromises they may not have been willing to make/felt necessary before.
So what you're saying is that people fear change.

Blimey. Who knew?

Which is why Trump will get in again. The problem with Brits is they believe everything the BBC says and the read on line. When you talk to people on the ground in the US, peoples views are very different to those pumped out on CNN and the BBC. Funnily enough, a bit like BREXIT
Americans don’t worry as much about foreign policy, which is Trumps saving grace.
Esp after the clusterfeck that was yesterday. I was bashing my head against the computer screen.....Russia is the enemy as well as China. Granted I can come to terms on viewing the EU as an economic foe. Economic warfare is just as real these days and ignore it at your own peril.

If the economy continues to boom and he wins the trade war he more than likely will get a 2nd term.

If I were Putin I might actually be worried. When the Donald realizes just how owned he was on live TV to the Russians he will want payback. When Fox News basically says this summit was the equivalent of watching a monkey feck a football, you can’t save it with any amount of spin.

So what you're saying is that people fear change.

Blimey. Who knew?
I'm saying that the other people who count on US bilateral relations no longer have the same opinion on the utility of their relationship with the US and are changing their plans accordingly, while the US government thinks they'll be content to take what it deigns to offer them.

My moneyt would be on their seeking a better deal elsewhere.

Obama was the President of whole of America not just Wyoming, do you really think anything Trump does for coal mining is going to change the fact that fossil fuel has had its day and unless states like yours start to plan for a future after coal you wont have one or anyone to blame.

Obama was the President of whole of America not just Wyoming, do you really think anything Trump does for coal mining is going to change the fact that fossil fuel has had its day and unless states like yours start to plan for a future after coal you wont have one or anyone to blame.
You keep saying Fossil fuels are dead but the world continues to use them. Their demand is increasing, and the US will be
net energy exporter in a few years.

BO did so well in his tenure, if his policies were that great how did Trump win? Oh wait those economically depressed areas saw the writing on the wall and wanted change.

It takes decades to diversify an economy, it is not an overnight process. You still have to live through the now, while planning the future.

Little bit of Column A and Little bit of Column B.

Trump has his win, he is sitting in the big White House convinced he has the biggest IQ and hands being reminded by his briefers how good the news is.

Putin is in the Kremlin, wondering probably how on earth the stars managed to line up like this.
God is obviously a commie.

I'm saying that the other people who count on US bilateral relations no longer have the same opinion on the utility of their relationship with the US and are changing their plans accordingly, while the US government thinks they'll be content to take what it deigns to offer them.

My moneyt would be on their seeking a better deal elsewhere.
Right. So business as per usual on every change of President/ruling party, but because "Waaaahhhh Trump" it's the end of life as we know it in the US.

#Unconvinced

Putin so obviously has got something very big on Trump , a lot more than just a high definition video of him with hookers .
For the man to stand there and overrule his own intelligence services and say he believes every word of what Putin is telling him is simply inexplicable otherwise .
Given the signals he's sent out in the last week , don't plan on a holiday anywhere east of the River Oder without getting a Russian visa first .