The Trump Presidency...

Can I be the first to first to say I wouldn't mind establishing a "back channel" to the latest Russian to get nicked in America.

She can bring the Thompson and we'll play Gangbusters too

Russian National Charged in Conspiracy to Act as an Agent of the Russian Federation Within the United States

All suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, bad boys watcha gonna do when they come for you.
Meh. A bit of a plain jane face tbh.

The funny thing is she is quite heavily into NRA. The nut jobs o

Yep, a very valuable foreign policy asset, that
A) Populations and governments are not the same.

B) Other governments don't have to like what they do to be able to plan based on certain assumptions about how they act.

C) The people planning statecraft tend to dislike unpredictable and those outside the US will make alternative arrangements if they think they can't rely on certain habits of action from Washington. That means making compromises they may not have been willing to make/felt necessary before.

Are you serious? Going back to Hoover to bash today's Bureau?

Might it have not changed a little bit in 40 plus years?!

Seriously?
Changed? Of course.

Fought the temptation to interfere in domestic politics? Seemingly not.

And that’s just one of the intelligence and security agencies? What about the other big one? Their recent history is hardly bathed in sunshine after the Iraq/WMD intel is it?

Just watched Trumpy's post summit press conference in Helsinki and I immediately wondered if the MOD has sufficient forces to repel hostile landings by the Red Fleet on Yorkshire beaches, and simultaneous hostile landings by Russia's allies, the US 6th Fleet, on the Lancashire coast?

Interesting times that we live in.

The perception of US as a reliable partner in international and regional affairs was one of the US's most valuable foreign policy assets. Withdrawing the US from international and regional affairs may play well to certain audiences but when you realise how far US prosperity is dependent on being central to those affairs you see how risky a game it is.

It does take two to tango.
I agree, but we are looking at a bloke who is pursuing an isolationist set of policies, so the logic you are applying is water off a ducks back.

I dont particularly like the bloke but he has been elected POTUS, and I am trying to look at this objectively from a septic's perspective. Its a shame none of our US colleagues arent chipping in. That said, you have the same splits in the US - shouty leftie luvvie types and the silent masses - you know - the ones who voted fro Trump for the most part

Can I be the first to first to say I wouldn't mind establishing a "back channel" to the latest Russian to get nicked in America.

She can bring the Thompson and we'll play Gangbusters too

Russian National Charged in Conspiracy to Act as an Agent of the Russian Federation Within the United States

All suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, bad boys watcha gonna do when they come for you.
Interesting affidavit.... a senior Russian government official seeking to build a network of US political and industrial contacts and planning for, in his own words, a post Putin political scene.

And the US agencies publicly nipping it in the bud.

Just watched Trumpy's post summit press conference in Helsinki and I immediately wondered if the MOD has sufficient forces to repel hostile landings by the Red Fleet on Yorkshire beaches, and simultaneous hostile landings by Russia's allies, the US 6th Fleet, on the Lancashire coast?

Interesting times that we live in.
Why? Natural resources? Are they seeking to capture the Rhubarb triangle or do you think they are after control of the world supply of Pontefract cakes??

Apart from the 'gaining the whole world' bit.

Or were you thinking of Putin?
Little bit of Column A and Little bit of Column B.

Trump has his win, he is sitting in the big White House convinced he has the biggest IQ and hands being reminded by his briefers how good the news is.

Putin is in the Kremlin, wondering probably how on earth the stars managed to line up like this.

I agree, but we are looking at a bloke who is pursuing an isolationist set of policies, so the logic you are applying is water off a ducks back.
Not, it's not. That's my point.

He thinks he can ignore other countries' views and that they have no option but to go along with him, while at the same time giving them every incentive to make other arrangements. Given how much of the US's current wealth depends on those arrangements, he may find his hand isn't as strong as it needs to be to pull that off.

Its a shame none of our US colleagues arent chipping in. That said, you have the same splits in the US - shouty leftie luvvie types and the silent masses - you know - the ones who voted fro Trump for the most part
Well, he certainly managed to make both sides of the congress and senate agree on an issue.

And this is from our previous CIA director. The press release from the current one has already been posted elsewhere in this thread.

Why? Natural resources? Are they seeking to capture the Rhubarb triangle or do you think they are after control of the world supply of Pontefract cakes??
The question was rhetorical, mate.

Well you mong when a state is in recession you still feel the pinch if you live in it.
What did Obama help do to the coal industry? He ensured it’s demise by EPA regulations. Trust me we had our emissions plan laid out for us state by state in order to comply with Paris.
asking what Obama did for the coal industry is like asking what Lincoln did for the slave industry.
Time moved on, things changed. For the better.

Ah, John Brennan again... interesting to hear him spouting about ‘treason’ after spying on the Senate torture probe.

The CIA Just Admitted That It Spied on the US Senate | VICE News
We can go around in circles here.

Trump's CIA Director Haspell authorised destruction of the video tapes of extraordinary interrogation.

But that's OK, 'cos she is "one of us".

Or as Kipling put it
All good people agree,
And all good people say,
All nice people, like Us, are We
And every one else is They:

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
We can go around in circles here.

Trump's CIA Director Haspell authorised destruction of the video tapes of extraordinary interrogation.

But that's OK, 'cos she is "one of us".

Or as Kipling put it
Yeah, but Clinton, Obama and so on and so forth. It does make you wonder what Trump actually has to do, before some people will say "hmm that's a bit much. "