The Trump Presidency...

Well the FBI has a tarnished rep due to their own making. They have cocked up quite a few things as of late and are the least reptuable of the lot. If I were the CIA and NSA I would be pissed, because they were thrown completely under the bus.
Do you not think there comes a time when regardless that you voted for him or that he's thrown you some crumbs from the top table that you start to think WTF was he thinking. Putin has been in this game almost all of his life and he has a great poker face but looking at him on TV he could hardly contain himself, he looked like he had just won the lottery.

Sorry I should have put a name on it, somebody called John McCain
I like my heroes who don't get caught.

You know, heroes who get down on their knees and all but nosh off the president of the Russian federation in public.

Do you not think there comes a time when regardless that you voted for him or that he's thrown you some crumbs from the top table that you start to think WTF was he thinking. Putin has been in this game almost all of his life and he has a great poker face but looking at him on TV he could hardly contain himself, he looked like he had just won the lottery.
Yes I know, it was pretty infuriating. Trump fucked us royally.

The same ‘intelligence and law enforcement organisations’ that saw Hoover issuing his COINTELPRO memo’s?

-------------------------------------

SAC, Albany August 25, 1967

PERSONAL ATTENTION TO ALL OFFICES
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[From] Director, FBI

COUNTERINTELLIGENCE PROGRAM
BLACK NATIONALIST - HATE GROUPS
INTERNAL SECURITY

[...] The purpose of this new counterintelligence endeavor is to
expose, disrupt, misdirect, discredit, or OTHERWISE NEUTRALIZE [emphasis
added] the activities of black nationalist hate-type organizations and
groupings, their leadership, spokesmen, membership, and supporters, and
to counter their propensity for violence and civil disorder. The activities
of all such groups of intelligence interest to the Bureau must be followed
on a continuous basis so we will be in a position to promptly take advantage
of all opportunities for counterintelligence and inspire action in instances
where circumstances warrant. The pernicious background of such groups,
their duplicity, and devious maneuvers must be exposed to public scrutiny
where such publicity will have a neautralizing effect. Efforts of the
various groups to consolidate their forces or to recruit new or youthful
adherents must be frustrated. NO OPPORTUNITY SHOULD BE MISSED TO
EXPLOIT THROUGH COUNTERINTELLIGENCE TECHNIQUES THE ORGANIZATIONAL AND
PERSONAL CONFLICTS OF THE LEADERSHIPS OF THE GROUPS AND WHERE POSSIBLE AN
EFFORT SHOULD BE MADE TO CAPITALIZE UPON EXISTING CONFLICTS BETWEEN COMPETING
BLACK NATIONALIST ORGANIZATIONS. [emphasis added] When an opportunity is
apparent to disrupt or NEUTRALIZE [emphasis added] black nationalist, hate-
type organizations through the cooperation of established local news media
contacts or through such contact with sources available to the Seat of
Government [Hoover's office]*, in every instance careful attention must be
given to the proposal to insure the targetted group is disrupted, ridiculed,
or discredited through the publicity and not merely publicized...

You are also cautioned that the nature of this new endeavor is such
that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD THE EXISTENCE OF THE PROGRAM BE MADE
KNOWN OUTSIDE THE BUREAU [emphasis added] and appropriate within-office
security should be afforded to sensitive operations and techniques considered
under the program.

No counterintelligence action under this program may be initiated
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
by the field without specific prior Bureau authorization. [Emphasis in orig.]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---
Are you serious? Going back to Hoover to bash today's Bureau?

Might it have not changed a little bit in 40 plus years?!

Seriously?

And yet you still think he's good for your country. You've sold your soul to the Russians.
Be fair to @LJONESY - he’s been quite honest that he doesn’t totally like trump, but it has meant that his family is better off (to the tune of £3k ish a year) - I’m sure that many would agree that family comes first.

If Corbyn, by some stroke of damned luck (for him) managed to get into power, and suddenly I was £3k a year better off, it would soften the blow somewhat. I still wouldn’t like the bloke, and it wouldn’t make me a prospect for his momentum gang.

If Corbyn, by some stroke of damned luck (for him) managed to get into power, and suddenly I was £3k a year better off, it would soften the blow somewhat. I still wouldn’t like the bloke, and it wouldn’t make me a prospect for his momentum gang.
With Abbott's maths you'd be richer than that.

But given everything will be free under the Jez, you'd not need money.

I don't want that Russian/Hezbollah loving spacker in charge of the UK either.

Those were just the threats of tariffs bud. Now they are in effect.

Oh trust me we did, the great Obama and his desire to please the world over global warming made sure we were in a recession here.

Just making sure you were paying attention!
Err... Obama was elected at the bottom of the recession, then spent the next few years managing you out of it.

You might want to check on some statistics before rewriting history.

What's that worth in Roubles?
Funny for an administration that likes to quote God to justify stuff, they appear to have forgotten some key points.

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
Mark 8:36
I think we saw that played out on live TV last night.

To make sense of it you have separate out the issues and look at them individually.
Except that this is international diplomacy under a media spotlight in a globalized world, not the rarified halls of higher academia. Everything is connected, if only by perception rather than 'fact', with one small turn of a wheel in one corner potentially having 2nd or 3rd order effects of disproportionate importance.

I think we saw that played out on live TV last night
Apart from the 'gaining the whole world' bit.

Or were you thinking of Putin?

Except that this is international diplomacy under a media spotlight in a globalized world, not the rarified halls of higher academia. Everything is connected, if only by perception rather than 'fact', with one small turn of a wheel in one corner potentially having 2nd or 3rd order effects of disproportionate importance.
also knows as Frothing, and no-one does that on here as everyone is measured and rational

also knows as Frothing, and no-one does that on here as everyone is measured and rational
The perception of US as a reliable partner in international and regional affairs was one of the US's most valuable foreign policy assets. Withdrawing the US from international and regional affairs may play well to certain audiences but when you realise how far US prosperity is dependent on being central to those affairs you see how risky a game it is.

It does take two to tango.

The perception of US as a reliable partner in international and regional affairs was one of the US's most valuable foreign policy assets.
Apart from that whole "invading countries, overthrowing inconvenient governments and exposing the civilian population to murder and terror in the ensuing internecine bloodbath" aspect of reliability, you mean?

Yep, a very valuable foreign policy asset, that.