The Trump Presidency...

oops the deep state is getting restive.

Oh, hang on. Trump appointed him.

IMG_20180716_224954.jpg

You genuinely aren't at all concerned by that interview?
Is a press conference between the two leaders of two countries that have quietly been locked in conflict since the end of WW2 going to stop because there has been a group hug on tele? I doubt it.

In the US they were quietly shitting it that North Korea were going to nuke them while the media in the UK and Europe said Trump was going to start WW3 with that fat North Korean lad - Kim what's his name. Has he started WW3? No.

I'd separate out the rhetoric from reality and aim questions at the things that really happen, rather than being up in arms every time Trump is on tele or sends a tweet. He's implementing a protectionist policy a la Calvin Coolidge, and when America sneezes, the world catches a cold. In other words, US decisions ripple across the globe as they are the only super power we have at the moment (China coming up fast). His policy is US first and he is expecting NATO countries to financially step up to the plate. This is an economic war, not a guns, tanks and planes war. It always has been about money really. Palling up with Putin, is another indication of the US withdrawing from the world stage. The question is will Europe step in to fill the void? Thats the one I'm concerned about

Last edited:
I see where your reasoning goes wrong:

1. The approval of voters isn't any indication of rightness/wrongness.
2. Ditto political parties.
3. Winning the US Presidential election doesn't depend on the approval of voters.
4. Questioning the bloke in charge ought to be a natural part of any democratic process.
1. Indeed its not. A vote is a vote in a democracy and you have to respect the result. At the end of the day, the US like the UK is a one man one vote democracy and Trump is their elected president.
3. No but its their system and you have to respect that as its not ours. We have parliamentary democracy and referendums.................,
4. yes absolutely. the points I was making is he is accountable to the voter and his political party. They are the only people that will get rid of him. The security services can piss and moan as much as they like. I'd bet you a tenner he'll see out the end of his term as the US economy is on fore with growth as a result of his tax policies, and people vote for the most part vote on what goes in the arrse pocket.

Do I like Trump? No - I think he's a bit of a dogs tail, but he's not my premier and there is bugger all I can do about it.

Last edited:

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Is a press conference between the two leaders of two countries that have quietly been locked in conflict since the end of WW2 going to stop because there has been a group hug on tele? I doubt it.

In the US they were quietly shitting it that North Korea were going to nuke them while the media in the UK and Europe said Trump was going to start WW3 with that fat North Korean lad - Kim what's his name. Has he started WW3? No.

I'd separate out the rhetoric from reality and aim questions at the things that really happen, rather than being up in arms every time Trump is on tele or sends a tweet. He's implementing a protectionist policy a la Calvin Coolidge, and when America sneezes, the world catches a cold. In other words, US decisions ripple across the globe as they are the only super power we have at the moment (China coming up fast). His policy is US first and he is expecting NATO countries to financially step up to the plate. This is an economic war, not a guns, tanks and planes war. It always has been about money really. Palling up with Putin, is another indication of the US withdrawing from the woThe Trump Presidency...rld stage. The question is will Europe step in to fill the void? Thats the one I'm concerned about
You do realise, of course, that rhetoric is all he can do? NATO doesn't actually owe America anything, that's just another lie from him. It's rather telling he'd rather believe Putin than his own people.

It is bigly concerning that he is so chummy with Putin. Granted the FBI has some major issues and they are a bit damned for their handling of the election.

The real question is what was offered behind the scenes. That will take some time to play out.
Still reckon my ML scenario is a runner; just waiting for the tweets to start.

Palling up with Putin, is another indication of the US withdrawing from the world stage.
Please explain how the US palling up with Putin is any kind of indication that the US is withdrawing from the world stage. Unless you mean they are looking to somehow merge with Russia, by perhaps becoming a Russian puppet.

You do realise, of course, that rhetoric is all he can do? NATO doesn't actually owe America anything, that's just another lie from him. It's rather telling he'd rather believe Putin than his own people.
There is a lot of rhetoric from the bloke, but he does appear to be making some things happen. If I obsessed about the rhetoric, I'd be in the same space as the luvvie metropolitan types and frothing at the mouth all of the time. I'll judge the bloke on what happens rather than what he says.

There is a phrase thats emerged in the last year or so which is data is the new oil. The economic war thats been fought in the west is a data war and the battle wagons are social media. The physical skirmish is in the middle east, where the is a large concentration of natural resources - oil in point of fact.

We live in changing times. Things are going to be very different moving forwards and we have to look at life through a different set of binos to the ones we used in the cold war

Please explain how the US palling up with Putin is any kind of indication that the US is withdrawing from the world stage. Unless you mean they are looking to somehow merge with Russia, by perhaps becoming a Russian puppet.
I think the lines of conflict are changing and we have a different set of threats. The big players remain the same and we appear to live in a world of 'co-optititon' in other words we are co-operatign with people we are also in competition with

Still reckon my ML scenario is a runner; just waiting for the tweets to start.
Well if the exercise is canceled I would say NATO better be worried. The Crimea however for all purposes belongs to the Ivan's. Possession is 9/10 of the law, and unless they will give it back (which they won't) or somebody is going to form a coalition with the Ukrainians to take it back (which also won't happen). To be perfectly honest Europe is a cash cow that Trump and Putin seem to be willing to jointly milk. An economic version of the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact. Trump is all about business and Putin needs the money for his economy as well. Buying Natural gas from the Russians and weapons from the USA brings money into both our piggy banks, while also as you mentioned justifying the Russian defense budget.

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
I think the lines of conflict are changing and we have a different set of threats. The big players remain the same and we appear to live in a world of 'co-optititon' in other words we are co-operatign with people we are also in competition with
It seems quite clear that there is one threat. The corrupt Russian government who, for their own ends, are attempting to corrupt and damage both the US and Europe. Your post therefore makes no sense and does not in any way, shape or form, explain why Trump backed Russia over his own country.

It is bigly concerning that he is so chummy with Putin. Granted the FBI has some major issues and they are a bit damned for their handling of the election.

The real question is what was offered behind the scenes. That will take some time to play out.
Trump offered Putin America behind the scenes.
Putin accepted.
That's it.
You have a traitor in the White House.

It seems quite clear that there is one threat. The corrupt Russian government who, for their own ends, are attempting to corrupt and damage both the US and Europe. Your post therefore makes no sense and does not in any way, shape or form, explain why Trump backed Russia over his own country.
Apologies - I'm trying to do three things at one and making my point badly.

90% of what Trump says is utter drivel, but there is the odd pearl of wisdom in there. To make sense of it you have separate out the issues and look at them individually. Trump doesnt do that which is why people find him difficult to make sense of/ and/or he comes across like an utter prick

90% of what Trump says is utter drivel, but there is the odd pearl of wisdom in there. To make sense of it you have separate out the issues and look at them individually. Trump doesnt do that which is why people find him difficult to make sense of/ and/or he comes across like an utter prick
Agreed. Not good at all, is it?

Perhaps it is easier to just think of him as an utter prick, who, like a stopped clock, is occasionally right by accident.

That's because he is an utter prick. The odd pearl of wisdom (please give three examples), do not make up for that.

So how long before Donny says Maria Butina isn’t a spy but just a freedom seeking gun lover who has been wrongfully acused?

Edit: I would without hesitation
49BC2813-1048-4693-8FE7-2AD595BFC3FE.jpeg

To make sense of it you have separate out the issues and look at them individually.
The problem with that strategy is that none of the other players see the issues in isolation. They're all of them integral and ongoing parts of the game.

Trump might be happy saying, "This pawn's move of mine is a really great pawn's move", but all that proves is how little he understands what game he's supposed to be playing.