The Trump Presidency...

I would personally just tax the remittances that are sent back to Mexico/Central America . These folks do cost US taxpayers a chunk of money.
Then surely said cash will simply be routed via a non Latin American country, like, oh, I dunno, China. Or maybe North Korea. Or Russia. To avoid any such a tax.

Tax dodging. If it's good enough for the President of the USA, it's good enough for everybody.

Tax dodging. If it's good enough for the President of the USA, it's good enough for everybody.
Doesn't that make one smart though? Who said that? Oh yes?

President Flip Flop rants again.
1529523565544.png

You mean you will agree with whatever he does no matter how many times he flips his argument
No, the desired outcome is what is important. Which is making sure these folks are not given defacto Amnesty and the flow of border hoppers is reduced. Perhaps we should follow the Australian model on this one....

No, the desired outcome is what is important. Which is making sure these folks are not given defacto Amnesty and the flow of border hoppers is reduced. Perhaps we should follow the Australian model on this one....
Yes, Ive just seen you go from saying it was a good idea to remove the children to now saying its good they are not removed so they can be deported quicker. So are you saying removing the children was a bad idea becuase it slowed down deporting them?

And this is similar to the US policy of removing children from families how?
I never said that it was matey. I was merely making a satirical type of point that some of the pictures of these 'so-called' young, unaccompanied 'child' refugees to these shores, that the MSM gladly posted, do not exactly look like children.

Here you go lads, dont say I never do anything for you

Refugee Council - Supporting and Empowering Refugees

You can volunteer all your spare time and money to them. You can show Trump and the rest of the world just how much you care. They will gratefully receive your help.

Pob02

LE
Book Reviewer
Don’t start sentences with “So”.

You’re getting very het up about this. For what it’s worth, I agree with your first paragraph - however just because they have a slant on their reporting doesn’t mean that everything they say is untrue - a healthy skepticism is, well, healthy.

Even Trump very occasionally tells a truth.
Just corrected that, otherwise spot on.

No, which might go some way to explaining why so many of the ******* want to come here. Having said that life isnt always easy for some of them, how much are you going to donate?

So people are looking at what Trump is doing and deciding on the UK instead, are they flying in from Mexico too?

Im not donating anything, you sorting out your CV for a job with the Border agency to stop people coming in?

The law doesnt stop you from joining the border agency,
Interesting. What do you have against the UKBF? Do you not believe that they carry out an essential public service?
Your response to Stacker would suggest to me, that you hold them in some sort of contempt. Why is that?

Yes, Ive just seen you go from saying it was a good idea to remove the children to now saying its good they are not removed so they can be deported quicker. So are you saying removing the children was a bad idea becuase it slowed down deporting them?
IF allowing them to stay together speeds up the deportation timeline that is fine. The idea of separating them from their families in the first place was to cut down on the number of people trying to make a go at entering the United States illegally. If you make something suck enough eventually you might discourage a few people from trying to break the law....

However the detention centers we do have will also rapidly fill up and run out of room, but they can all suffer as a family. Children are not allowed to remain in the adult facilities for more than 20 days as it currently stands. But the Obama catch and release days are over, this might come back to bite some folks in the ass. So they can just languish for months with their parents instead of getting released back to a guardian.

Reno v. Flores - Wikipedia

Pob02

LE
Book Reviewer
On another thread, I got into an argument over the definition of populism.. My definition, was any policy that the establishment/elite don't like is populist/extremist.. Its just a label, the media use the pejorative and lots of people just don't think and echo or parrot the guided view to signal there virtue.

It has always been with us, the majority of the populace have gotten lazier and just switched off from politics, allowing these overeducated people to set the agenda.
Your definition was wrong on that thread, and (not surprisingly) on this one.

IF allowing them to stay together speeds up the deportation timeline that is fine. The idea of separating them from their families in the first place was to cut down on the number of people trying to make a go at entering the United States illegally. If you make something suck enough eventually you might discourage a few people from trying to break the law....

However the detention centers we do have will also rapidly fill up and run out of room, but they can all suffer as a family. Children are not allowed to remain in the adult facilities for more than 20 days as it currently stands. But the Obama catch and release days are over, this might come back to bite some folks in the ass. So they can just languish for months with their parents instead of getting released back to a guardian.

Reno v. Flores - Wikipedia
So taking them away and not taking them away are both good ideas?

Just cant bring yourself to disagree with Trump can you

They dont have the enough powers to keep people out, thats why they keep coming, so how much do you donate to illegal immigrants in the UK?
So what are you going to do to discourage them? keep smashing the keyboard with your fists in impotent rage?

Ive already answered you, several times in fact, you have a thing for repeating yourself dont you

Latest Threads