The Trump Presidency...

Normally I am a bit careful of falling foul of Godwin's Law or appearing to indulge in name-calling, but....

This was either interesting or alarming.

“Stephen Actually Enjoys Seeing Those Pictures”: The West Wing Fractures Over Trump’s Migrant-Family Policy

Miller does come over as something of a odd chap, and it was he who rather alarmed me (and I am sure others) with his previous performance. When he was doing the talking head thing about the "travel ban", he issued the phrase:

That's not really something to be said in a liberal democratic state.
Although it's a perfectly acceptable statement in an ex-liberal democratic one. Which makes one wonder exactly where the US is on that current to ex- scale, both now and in a years time.

Normally I am a bit careful of falling foul of Godwin's Law or appearing to indulge in name-calling, but....

“Stephen Actually Enjoys Seeing Those Pictures”: The West Wing Fractures Over Trump’s Migrant-Family Policy

Miller does come over as something of a odd chap, and it was he who rather alarmed me (and I am sure others) with his previous performance. When he was doing the talking head thing about the "travel ban", he issued the phrase:

In an illiberal demonic State it is quite normal.
There is only one letter different between "Tender Age Camp" and "Tender Cage Camp".

My parents generation fought a war against people who separated children from their families. I honestly believe the US should look very carefully indeed at the path their country seems to be walking down and ask themselves if they want such a country for their children and grandchildren to live in.

As for foreign support for this disgrace of a human being, well, if he wants the USA to be isolated from the rest of the world, he's going the right way to achieve it. Except I'm quite confident that, eventually, US citizens will find themselves not liking the end product.
Your parents generation fought a war against an enemy for reasons other that separating children from their families.

I assume you know that generally (except in the case of some babies and their mothers) children are still separated from their parents today if their parents go to jail in the UK.
So stop being hysterical and trying to shoehorn in a reference to the Nazis.

When was the last time you fucked off to Italy or Greece to provide food and shelter for the poor hard done by refugees?

Looks like the Trumpophobes are really getting triggered this week

C'mon it's not the same as say the Labour Party calling for a 'final solution' to the Palestine problem, and thus directly invoking the Nazis

Your parents generation fought a war against an enemy for reasons other that separating children from their families.

I assume you know that generally (except in the case of some babies and their mothers) children are still separated from their parents today if their parents go to jail in the UK.

When was the last time you fucked off to Italy or Greece to provide food and shelter for the poor hard done by refugees?
Allow me to treat your post with the utter contempt it deserves.

Just checking, is it acceptable to criticise apparently totalitarian impulses that appear to go against the American tradition?

That does have some cause for fair concern I suggest?

C'mon it's not the same as say the Labour Party calling for a 'final solution' to the Palestine problem, and thus directly invoking the Nazis
*Engage Humour Shield, Mr Sulu*

That's because Jezbollah is progressive and thus acceptably anti-semetic, and Trump reactionary and racist.

Just checking, is it acceptable to criticise apparently totalitarian impulses that appear to go against the American tradition?

That does have some cause for fair concern I suggest?
The death and destruction of millions of people didnt happen so shitcunts can make a reference to it for the most obscure reasons decades later.

Allow me to treat your post with the utter contempt it deserves.
Did you parents got to war with the British government who were participating in Child migration schemes more than 20 years after WW2? Eeeeeehhhhhhh the British were just like the Nazis. You drama queen.

Fortunately, it appears that Ivana has had a word with Daddy Dearest (the one who wanted her to get breast implants apparently?) And he is going to sign something to stop this sort of thing.

Maybe.
Who knows?

Edit-the one Trump allegedly wanted the bigger tits on was Ivanka. One letter out.

Last edited:
The death and destruction of millions of people didnt happen so shitcunts can make a reference to it for the most obscure reasons decades later.
Just checking we can disagree like gents.

Miller appears an advocate for unrestricted state power. This is an alarming trend in the current US Administration. Backed up by the apparent intoxication of the current President with authoritarian leaders.

This is wrong and unhealthy, in my respectful submission.

Just checking we can disagree like gents.

Miller appears an advocate for unrestricted state power. This is an alarming trend in the current US Administration. Backed up by the apparent intoxication of the current President with authoritarian leaders.

This is wrong and unhealthy, in my respectful submission.
Maybe, but that's got little to do with trying to stop illegal immigrants. They don't have to try to get into the USA.

Maybe, but that's got little to do with trying to stop illegal immigrants. They don't have to try to get into the USA.
Well, apparently it does if key Trump aides are enjoying the policy because they see themselves as not answerable to the courts?

Which is what Miller appeared to argue with the travel ban. And by extension this.

If Miller (formerly an aide to the Attorney General who appears to appeal to God for authority) appears to argue unaccountability with regards to the travel ban, and takes a pleasure in the policy being implemented by the government on the southern border, that seems cause for concern.

I believe Abraham Lincoln said:
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
How one treats those one has power over is rather indicative of attitude to (a) rule of law, and (b) human life.

Arrest, detain and expel in line with law. Of course.

Implement a policy and then take a combative pleasure in it? Rather worrying.

Especially if playing to the baser insticts of voters.

What happened to Licoln's appeal?
I am loath to close. We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature
Or Miller could just crack on, dividing into friends and enemies. And accountable to neither, in his head.

Well, apparently it does if key Trump aides are enjoying the policy because they see themselves as not answerable to the courts?

Which is what Miller appeared to argue with the travel ban. And by extension this.

If Miller (formerly an aide to the Attorney General who appears to appeal to God for authority) appears to argue unaccountability with regards to the travel ban, and takes a pleasure in the policy being implemented by the government on the southern border, that seems cause for concern.

I believe Abraham Lincoln said:

How one treats those one has power over is rather indicative of attitude to (a) rule of law, and (b) human life.

Arrest, detain and expel in line with law. Of course.

Implement a policy and then take a combative pleasure in it? Rather worrying.

Especially if playing to the baser insticts of voters.

What happened to Licoln's appeal?

Or Miller could just crack on, dividing into friends and enemies. And accountable to neither, in his head.
A, Who is saying they are enjoying it?
B, If they are enjoying it, are they happy they finally a policy that is harsh instead of soft?

How many people on ARRSE would like to see illegal immigration made harder in the UK?

Hypocritical people who jump on bandwagons are bellends. Consider yourself one of those.

Normally says **** all, sees an opportunity to have a go at Trump and rushes in.
Hypocritical? not in the slightest, just as you see any other thread and think "I'll comment on that", no difference at all, except you dont like that people have a different opinion on this one so you turn into a child

Explain how Im a hypocrite?, this should be fun....

A, Who is saying they are enjoying it?
B, If they are enjoying it, are they happy they finally a policy that is harsh instead of soft?

How many people on ARRSE would like to see illegal immigration made harder in the UK?
A) Miller apparently.

Hence the article I referenced.

B) And the second and third order effects I was referring to was not just that it was the proper enforcement of law, but that it was a deliberately vindicative and tasteless appeal to the base instinct of voters. This is enabled by Miller's division of the world into "we" (Trump supporters) and "Not We" (Not Trump supporters).

Which is why I quoted Lincoln's appeal to unity, and "the better angels of our nature".

The correct application of law should not be an implement of perverse revenge (beyond the scrutiny of courts). Which is what Miller's attitude comes over as.

Hence my first quote of Lincoln,
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power