The Trump Presidency...

Besides Melania who is the longest serving member of Trump's team.
You don't think she's a Vlad plant, making sure the orange one obeys orders, do you? That would be so funny.

The Russians have already lined up their pre-emptive lies. They "apparently" have intelligence that the rebels are going to do a 'false flag' chemical weapon attack on themselves.(as if...)
Not that that lie hasn't been used before or anything, just before an imaginary not-at-all Government helicopter drops something.
I know, I mentioned it on the Syria thread

Last edited:
I know Trumps administration is a bit like a revolving door but on reflection I quite like the idea of bringing in fresh blood from time to time - in particular here in the UK how refreshing would it be to turf out Hammond, Boris or Rudd to bring in fresh blood - the new sec of defence seems to be doing well after a lot of initial doubt and if the ministers thought that theresa may would sack them at a drop of the hat i suspect some of the ego s and attitudes in the cabinet may change for the better! In regard to Trump its no problem, in business he's totally used to hiring and firing as he see's fit.
The US administration is not a game show. Not yet. Not yet........

Which would not be in their interest at all. Nobody is going to think twice about swatting them.
I think a lot of people will think twice about swatting overt Russian nationals
When you condone the use of WMD by your allies and then use them against other countries yourself, you tend be labeled a threat.
I agree, but there’s plenty of ‘useful idiots’ who believe the Kremlin and Damascus.
Not to mention the fact that the Russian Airbase in Syria could be shut down and taken out of action if they want to get froggy about it.
That’s why they’ve got their S400’s and Su57’s there. It’s not going to happen anyway

I think a lot of people will think twice about swatting overt Russian nationals

If they start targeting American Aircraft or military personal not really. Remember the Kremlin authorized their Mercs to attack our forces and they got fucked up. Trump would be impeached if he let the Russians attack our forces and did nothing about it.

I agree, but there’s plenty of ‘useful idiots’ who believe the Kremlin and Damascus.

Yes the Russians are in a bit of a pickle, as dumb as we look with the Donald's handling of the situation they are digging a deep hole.

That’s why they’ve got their S400’s and Su57’s there. It’s not going to happen anyway
The S400 is nice, but their are ways to overcome it or overwhelm it. A pair of Su-57's being shot down by F-22's would be a great propaganda victory and the setting for another Top Gun knockoff.

The S400 is nice, but their are ways to overcome it or overwhelm it.
I believe they're a bit more capable than the ones used against the Israeli's. That's not to say they're infallible.
A pair of Su-57's being shot down by F-22's would be a great propaganda victory ..
And the start of (or at least a much more kinetic as we may already be in it) WW3.
...and the setting for another Top Gun knockoff.
I'm sure you see yourself as Iceman or Maverick. I think it may in reality be Hot Shots though

I believe they're a bit more capable than the ones used against the Israeli's. That's not to say they're infallible.

They are a threat, but then again we have people who have plans to defeat them and the ability to do so. It might be a Cyber attack, EW warfare, or an F-22 and a JDAM...

And the start of (or at least a much more kinetic as we may already be in it) WW3.
Well what would you propose instead? The Russians seem to be hell bent on butting heads.

I'm sure you see yourself as Iceman or Maverick. I think it may in reality be Hot Shots though
Hot Shots was a pretty damn good movie!

I think if the Russians really wanted to hit someplace where we would be hard pressed to do much it would be the Baltics. The correlation of forces is more in their favor.
Agreed. Discussed at length on that thread which is approaching its fourth birthday.

Agreed. Discussed at length on that thread which is approaching its fourth birthday.
The real problem we have is that the US Government is ready to throw the Ivans under the bus where they belong, but the Donald wants this all to go away. SO he will either relent and realize the mess he has created is not worth it and join the Anti Russia crusade with the rest of the world, or try to punt this down the road and hope people just don't give a shit about WMD use...

A coin toss at this point.

The real problem we have is that the US Government is ready to throw the Ivans under the bus where they belong,
I'm not entirely in agreement with that. They see Iran as a much greater threat which is exacerbated by Russia supporting Iranian militias in Syria, Iraq etc. and of course supporting Hezbollah.

They'd much rather pivot pacific wise and leave Russia to Europe.
but the Donald wants this all to go away.
Yep
SO he will either relent and realize the mess he has created is not worth it and join the Anti Russia crusade with the rest of the world,
Don't say that. Some Trump supporters love Putin and thought there'd be some 'grand alliance' or somesuch.

I'm not sure how anyone, let alone Trump thought that could pan out with Russia supporting Syria, Iran, Hz. Plus Haftar in Libya etc. etc. He doesn't (imo) understand that many in Russia see it all ruled by Washington and we're just puppets like the Soviet Union was.
or try to punt this down the road and hope people just don't give a shit about WMD use...
They do though, especially when its dead kids. Particularly his daughter.
A coin toss at this point.
It depends who's advising him. Mattis seems a strong and steady pair of hands.

I'm not entirely in agreement with that. They see Iran as a much greater threat which is exacerbated by Russia supporting Iranian militias in Syria, Iraq etc. and of course supporting Hezbollah.

They'd much rather pivot pacific wise and leave Russia to Europe.

Honestly yes, the Chinese are the main advisory. The Russians are a giant PITA, who live in their own world but still have WMD that they are more than willing to use. Which still makes them a force to be reckoned with. Western Europe has dropped the ball, and can't stop the Russians themselves which is why we still stick around. Europe however belongs to the Army and the Airforce, I have a feeling at some point we will be upping our forces again.

Yep

Don't say that. Some Trump supporters love Putin and thought there'd be some 'grand alliance' or somesuch.

Gag, history has been forgotten.

Mattis and McMaster, and as I have said before the Russians should fear those men.

So was Tillerson a week ago.

I guess the special courier got delayed at the airport in Moscow.

Interestingly a lot of wiki links to things like the Moscow airports, S/400 etc have started coming up with “server not found” messages.

The first shot in the cyberwar of WWIII. Buy beans and bottled water!

(Or maybe wiki has an issue).

Last edited:

Latest Threads