The Trump Presidency...

Iran doesn't actually like the Kurds. If you put full support to them, that would give Iran the excuse to pile in and get rid of them from that part of Iran. You'll then get sucked into a new conflict. Remember what happened in Iraq?

Iran doesn't actually like the Kurds. If you put full support to them, that would give Iran the excuse to pile in and get rid of them from that part of Iran. You'll then get sucked into a new conflict. Remember what happened in Iraq?
Yes, and it will never end. Boarders really need to be redrawn. Everybody hates everybody over that way, but we are to invested in the Kurds to pull out. Iran is another issue that will be sorted sooner rather than later me thinks.

I don’t think the UK is able to contribute any more at this point. I would be surprised if our planners even count on you guys to provide any sort of capability anymore.
Not heard of 5EYES, have you?

Or Greenham Common, Menwith Hill, Lakenheath, ASTOR...

Yes, and it will never end. Boarders really need to be redrawn. Everybody hates everybody over that way, but we are to invested in the Kurds to pull out. Iran is another issue that will be sorted sooner rather than later me thinks.
Shame you didn't sort out the real enemy, the Saudis, and Qataris, in the first place.

Yes used by US forces. You provide a base we supply the aircraft and personal to run them. Granted it seems Greenham Common has not been in use for some time.
Greenham Common is a nature reserve now or a housing estate but definitely not a mil site.

Tillerson's aide Steve Goldstein has...been fired.
Will the last sane person please turn out the lights in the White House?

Hang on. Did I just see somewhere that the US intended to get more involved in Syria. Just as Assad and the Russians look to be mopping up.
In what world is 'Assad and Russia' 'mopping up in Syria'? Maybe lots of blood and debris, but there's massive areas of the country still under rebel control outside of Ghouta and of course the 25% plus or minus of Syria held by the SDF (which is 50% or so Kurds just to trigger some others).

Last edited:
Waffling?! Knife crime is a fact in the UK. Since you don't have guns you just stab each other instead.

UK knife crime statistics – how many stabbings have taken place over the last year?

Here ya go, I googled it for you. You heathens and your love for sharp objects. Ban all knives, since you can't be trusted with them. Surprise, surprise London is a hot bed for stabbings. So it is just your version of Chicago.
80 homicides in the same period in London where Chicago alone had 665.

Is there an American English dictionary that has the word "Disproportionate" in it?

Do you realise he thinks that mass shootings are somehow more advanced than our tiny amounts of stabbings?
I have this faint suspicion that he shouts "yeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" whenever there is another mass shooting tragedy.

I also await the inevitable "Teacher who cannot really understand firearems kills X number of people through ND"

In what world is 'Assad and Russia' 'mopping up in Syria'? Maybe lots of blood and debris, but there's massive areas of the country still under rebel control outside of Ghouta and of course the 25% plus or minus of Syria held by the SDF (which is 50% or so Kurds just to trigger some others).
Would you fancy getting involved now? All the ingredients for a colossal mess with the number of factions claiming land.

I also await the inevitable "Teacher who cannot really understand firearems kills X number of people through ND"
More likely, "Teacher who OUGHT to have ARMED THEMSELVES stood by while BAD GUY kills CHILDREN. Unpatriotic and SAD."

Imagine it in green crayon for the full effect.

Would you fancy getting involved now? All the ingredients for a colossal mess with the number of factions claiming land.
You mean more than we already are with Op Shader? In accordance with a unanimous UNSC Resolution? Or are you talking about Erdogan attacking the YPG, opening up yet another can of worms?

There's a line for those of us brought up on the Geneva Convention and LOAC (MATT 7) and the Assad govt have repeatedly trashed it and their Russian supporters have vetoed any sanctions which can be put against that regime.

Our chance was taken when Parliament said no and Syria signed the CW convention and Russia said their stocks were destroyed. We've seen what happened since. In the long run Assad doesn't want those people back so where will they end up?

Latest Threads