The Trump Presidency...

@chippymick

Adding to your above posts - I read on MSN / Bloomberg (?) a couple of days ago - that Pres.Trump had a higher approval rating,after his first year,than Obama had !!

Means that perhaps he's not as bad as MANY have thought / said / expected - eh ?

For me - I like him for what he;s done & that he hasn't FORGOTTEN all those poor workers,who 'lost' Companies moving out to Mexico / Asia - and elsewhere - leaving them on Benefits - and NO hope.

Additionally, I notice that he speaks their language also - people seem to understand him better than all those College Grads. that infest the Federal Employment areas ( Like Washington ...) but that is simply my opinion, and I'm MILES away from understanding ANY of their Laws - und zu weiter.......

Good Luck to him - what a thankless BLOODY job he has !!

@chippymick

Adding to your above posts - I read on MSN / Bloomberg (?) a couple of days ago - that Pres.Trump had a higher approval rating,after his first year,than Obama had !!
According to Gallup, Obama's approval rating in January 2010 (one year after he came into office) was between 48 and 50%. Trump's on 37% with them right now.

(There are, of course, other polling companies which may have different results for both men).

According to Gallup, Obama's approval rating in January 2010 (one year after he came into office) was between 48 and 50%. Trump's on 37% with them right now.

(There are, of course, other polling companies which may have different results for both men).
I accept your point - but who REALLY knows if it's true ? Bear in mind that most of the Pollsters Coys are usually Dem voter owned - as the GOP Pollsters don't seem to have a clue ?

I know , I know - I shouldn't believe all I see / read / and hear. :smile:

@chippymick

Means that perhaps he's not as bad as MANY have thought / said / expected - eh ?

For me - I like him for what he;s done & that he hasn't FORGOTTEN all those poor workers,who 'lost' Companies moving out to Mexico / Asia - and elsewhere - leaving them on Benefits - and NO hope.

Additionally, I notice that he speaks their language also - people seem to understand him better than all those College Grads. that infest the Federal Employment areas ( Like Washington ...) but that is simply my opinion, and I'm MILES away from understanding ANY of their Laws - und zu weiter.......

Good Luck to him - what a thankless BLOODY job he has !!
Trump has had an exceptional week.

You are correct when you suggest that Pres.Trump had a higher approval rating, after his first year,than Obama had. Polls are fickle. To put it in perspective President Obama had an entirely compliant media. At the equivalent time of Obama's Presidency he'd won a Nobel Peace Prize just on spec!

On the other hand President Trump has faced nothing but hostility from the MSM but has still managed to equivalently outpoll his predecessor.

I've consistently quoted the Rasmussen poll. For better or worse. It has President Trump with his highest favorability rating since June 2017 while the fairly disgusting finger-pointing over 17 dead kiddies continues...

Meanwhile, the Atlanta Fed Nowcast has the first quarter GDP approaching a much more realistic but still awesome 3.2% The nowcast and the blue chip consensus are merging around the 3 mark.

The Dow and other indices have made up much of the ground lost earlier in the month. The markets don't seem unduly concerned about the continuing deficit. Although the punters over at zero hedge seem a bit more skittish than usual...

The US economy seems to be ticking over far better than it did under the previous incumbent and those who should know these things reckon it's doing better than it would have under HRC.

All good in that department.

In terms of regional security, now that the Winter Olympics are over President Trump is ramping up the pressure on North Korea while telegraphing an intent of 'Phase 2'. Trump really cannot afford to lose McMaster at this critical time. It would be a shame and a real loss if that happened.

Malcolm Turnbull Prime Minister of Australia (CINO)visited the US this week. Gave our usual guarantees. The RAN will be involved in policing the NK oil smugglers.

I'm in Darwin at the moment. We've just commemorated the 76th anniversary of the attack on this city by the same mob that cleaned up Pearl Harbour. Remarkably, as well as US Marines we will also soon see the JSDF exercising in this district too.

All good stuff.

The Orange Man seems to be travelling fairly well. Doing all the right things by those who elected him and doing the right thing by his mates.

I really didn't think he would be much chop. I've changed my mind.

I'll also reiterate, he could die tomorrow or be potentially be impeached in a heart beat if things don't go so well in the mid-terms. Trump has been a political game changer and a really welcome one.

BTW. I'm also starting to take a shine to that Macron chap as well, for the same reasons.

Last edited:
I can see why the UK's attempt at a Troops to Teachers programme was such a dismal flop if you are an example of the level of intelligence they were recruiting from.
So in other words you once again state something and cannot back it up.

@chippymick

Macron ? He's one of the main players giving us hell in the Brexit contortions !!
Other one is Mutti - but her star is ( happily ) fading fast....

Darwin ? Was a good place when I last was there - are you a member of '' Uncle Sams Mischievous Children'' ?

You won't find much enthusiasm ,over the Japs ,from the Aussies.....

I can prove with absolute certainty you are rather thick, even by the low standards of the typical thick 'hero'
So I am thick for asking you how many US teachers are ex Mil.
You are the one brought up the statement saying that many are. I just wondered if you had a figure for that and maybe a source?
But from your past couple of replies I will assume you just made the statement up.

So there are 3.6 million teachers in the US and in the last 25 years a grand total of 20,000 people have gone through the Troops to Teacher program?

That's your standard of 'many teachers are former service personnel'?
So 0.5% are ex mil? Many must mean something entirely different in the Meerkatz hood.

@chippymick

Macron ? He's one of the main players giving us hell in the Brexit contortions !!
Other one is Mutti - but her star is ( happily ) fading fast....

Darwin ? Was a good place when I last was there - are you a member of '' Uncle Sams Mischievous Children'' ?

You won't find much enthusiasm ,over the Japs ,from the Aussies.....

I like the way that Macron has taken a leaf out of President Trump's book and decided to put France's individual interests first.(Or was that, and always has been, vice versa?)

A pity that Theresa May hasn't done likewise. What a disappointment she has been.

Germany is a remarkable place. It hasn't had a government for 4 months now but still manages to operate!

I understand that the Germans are unable to stand up a Brigade these days. Once upon a time they could have invaded Poland at the drop of a handkerchief and a nod from Uncle Joe. How far have they fallen?

Trump. Right again.

Theresa May - Dud. 2/10

Malcolm Turnbull - Sad dud. 1/10

Angela Merkel - Saboteur. 0/10

Emmanuel Macron - Showing some promise. 5/10

Donald Trump - Pretty bloody good. All things considered. Based on performance so far exceptional even. 7/10

Last edited:
Look you stated that "many" teachers are ex mil, I ask you to tell how many is "Many".
So instead you get all insulty like a bairn, then post links that don't actually show the "Many". Still waiting on a link to "No Stab steak knives".