The Trump Presidency...

I'm actually beginning to like this Dustin Rowles who takes a common sense view in his blogs, well, common sense to everyone but the Republican Truppett Butt Sniffers that post their own misshapen views on here :)
He's much nicer than me btw, he can actually write the orange clowns name whereas my keyboard will not let me do that.

Terrified of Being Thought of As Illegitimate, President Trump Melts Down on Twitter
By Dustin Rowles

Bob Mueller’s indictments against Russian actors on Friday stated that Russian actors worked with “unwitting” Trump campaign members and Deputy AD Rod Rosenstein noted that the indictments made no conclusions about whether the Russians changed the outcome of the election. However, to anyone willing to read between the lines — even a little bit — the charges are damning indictments of the legitimacy of the Trump presidency. The Russians were spending millions of dollars on an influence campaign; they were paying people to participate in Trump rallies; they were clearly backing Donald Trump, and many of the tactics they used mirrored those of Donald Trump’s campaign.

The ultimate goal of the Russian meddling was to sow discord in American politics, and the Russians achieved exactly that when Donald Trump was elected. Were their tactics determinative in the election outcome? The way that Donald Trump — a historically sensitive person when it comes to the legitimacy of his Presidency — has been tweeting since Friday certainly suggests that, privately, he thinks so. That he also thinks there’s a growing number of people who believe so.

He’s tweeting desperately, defensively from a place of deep insecurity.

Terrified of Being Thought of As Illegitimate, President Trump Melts Down on Twitter

Left wing paper runs story on the views of two teachers…

Who elected them?
To be honest who elected any of us on here that post our opinions ?

Nothing the Truppets write will change a Dump Haters opinion, nor do I expect anything a Dump Hater writes will change a Truppets opinion. However, I believe in the freedom of speech which still allows people to form their OWN opinion and write about it.

The Orange Clown may want to change this freedom in the future to prevent anyone writing bad things about him which may upset his delicate vanity but until then both sides should be able to post without nastiness or personal attacks being thrown at that poster.

** not aimed at you per say...btw... aimed at people on both sides who post on this thread.

Does this persons opinion matter though :)

1519055894245.png

One of the globe's premier repositories of intellect.

I can see why Trumpistas would reject their analysis.

I remember seeing a statistic that said more 19yo died on a holiday weekend due to car accidents and lack of seatbelts then in the whole year in Vietnam. But people were out on the streets about Vietnam.
It’s the other way around and out by many orders of magnitude.

This has been bandied about for over a century. It was claimed that more people died in New York than did in the American-Spanish war. True but spurious because the NY figures included all sexes and ages and the war dead were within a narrow age group and were all men.

Dead 19 year old males typically vary between 1-2% of the total motor deaths in the US. Even assuming that ALL Vietnam casualties were aged 19 the road deaths were between a tenth to a fifteenth of the war deaths. That’s just looking at the main war years of 67-69.

Either side of the main war years the differences would be much greater. Total casualties 60-64 and 72-75 totalled 1309 deaths in Vietnam. Road deaths of 19 year olds were reasonably consistent (although have been reducing since 1975).

It’s true for those war years but that’s a bit of a duff comparison.

Watching BBC coverage of Trump's meeting with the relatives of school shooting victims- I noted one thing:

He asked - "is there anyone here who can offer their solution to this?".

I thought that was indicative of someone who was in charge and being receptive to wider opinions. A good manager. We don't get that here in the UK. Unless it was all for the cameras of course...

Edit> I also noted, when showing the protest march over this, the number of people "marching" with their smartphones held aloft. I'm guessing some serious YouTube or whatever kudos was gained by some.

Last edited:
Watching BBC coverage of Trump's meeting with the relatives of school shooting victims- I noted one thing:

He asked - "is there anyone here who can offer their solution to this?".

I thought that was indicative of someone who was in charge and being receptive to wider opinions. A good manager. We don't get that here in the UK. Unless it was all for the cameras of course...

Edit> I also noted, when showing the protest march over this, the number of people "marching" with their smartphones held aloft. I'm guessing some serious YouTube or whatever kudos was gained by some.
I heard Trump on the radio and at best all he will be able to do is plaster the cracks, he was talking about arming teachers and that teachers recruited from ex forces would be a good idea, if that becomes a basic requirement for teachers then your education system is fkd. While I think the man is a total cock he's between a rock and a hard place on this one as he needs to keep the NRA on side, they control the gun debate and didn't give him money for nothing they will expect loyalty.
School shootings seem to have been accepted as the new normal in America, I think they need to look around and see how many other countries have active shooter drills as part of the school curriculum and wonder what has gone so fundamentally wrong with society that worrying about some nutter with a gun should be a consideration in an educational environment.

I still don't get why Trump and indeed all politicians can't call out the NRA. Is it publicly held that the NRA cannot be challenged by any politician, anywhere about anything? Really, if there was ever a moment to re-set the game by banning and maybe even re-calling all short-barrelled semi-automatic weapons, now's the time. Imagine the kudos to be had, at a time when surely the NRA would be held complicit in every gun-related excess.

1. They get a shït-ton of money from them, which may dry up.
2. It’s a part of their voter base.
Does anyone have an idea just how much of a 'shit-ton' of money they're actually getting? I mean, millions for each congressman? And I'm currently hearing that some 66% of polled voters are keen to move forward with more restrictive gun control laws of some sort.

Time for a Wizard of Oz moment, and pull the curtain aside to reveal the wizened reptile blinking in terror.

Does anyone have an idea just how much of a 'shit-ton' of money they're actually getting? I mean, millions for each congressman? And I'm currently hearing that some 66% of polled voters are keen to move forward with more restrictive gun control laws of some sort.
I think it is open source - from opensecrets.org

According to this in The Independent, "nearly US$54 million" across the board in 2016.
276 lawmakers who 'take NRA money and block gun control' named in massive advert

Seems a trifling amount to have bought every politician in every legislature and from all parties, who together must amount to many thousands. Bought very cheap, and apparently quite happy to abnegate their roles as leaders in dealing with, or even attempting to deal with such a scourge afflicting their society.

Last edited:

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Oddly enough that is EXACTLY the NRA position too, talk about bought and sold. So much for draining the swamp.
That’s the NRA position too, oh, ok, we’ll have the usual Trumpettes on before long.
Metal detectors in schools, security and guards, armed teachers. It’s beginning to sound more like a prison than a place of learning.
This is just insane.