The Trump Presidency...

How can Trump overturn a rule that you say couldn't exist?...

Can't really see a problem with making it trickier for some people to get firearms.
Well again its really simple, in the USA You cannot just take away someone's rights without giving them legal recourse to defend themselves. The Obama executive order did just that.

Interesting article in the NYT here.

Trump’s Conspicuous Silence Leaves a Struggle Against Russia Without a Leader

Going deeper than the President's apparent inexplicable silence over Russia, it raise the intersting prospect of an adminstration divided within itself.

Lower teirs not unafraid to take action against Russia, what this means for the future I am not sure.

Apart from when facing an adversary as implacable us Russia - I don't think one can afford fault lines that could be exploited.

Interesting article in the NYT here.

Trump’s Conspicuous Silence Leaves a Struggle Against Russia Without a Leader

Going deeper than the President's apparent inexplicable silence over Russia, it raise the intersting prospect of an adminstration divided within itself.

Lower teirs not unafraid to take action against Russia, what this means for the future I am not sure.

Apart from when facing an adversary as implacable us Russia - I don't think one can afford fault lines that could be exploited.
So basically the US has lost this, regardless of what they do. Not that the Donald can do anything about this Russian thing, as he's being insisting it was all fake noooos for how long? Unless it wasn't fske, which brings into question his judgement at the very least.

So to summarize:

russ.jpg

13 Russians were involved in some particularly lame internet street theatre. (Above, is an example of the sort of pissweak facebook ad paid for by the Russians, )

That had no influence on the outcome of the 2016 Presidential election.

No American knowingly colluded with these Russian Trolls.

In response to this underwhelming revelation, TDS sufferers are now howling for new Cold War escalations with Russia.

The trolling as described in the indictment happened on Obama's watch.

Obama was warned multiple times that it was occurring.

Obama and the FBI/DOJ conspired to withhold that information from President Elect Donald Trump.

Have I missed anything?

Last edited:
Well again its really simple, in the USA You cannot just take away someone's rights without giving them legal recourse to defend themselves. The Obama executive order did just that.
If Obama's executive order was illegal or against due process why didn't the courts or whatever body has oversight overturn or quash it?

To me it seems Trump just wants to dismantle anything Obama put in place just because it was by Obama and bears a grudge against him.

So to summarize:

View attachment 322725

13 Russians were involved in some particularly lame internet street theatre. (Above, is an example of the sort of pissweak facebook ad paid for by the Russians, )

That had no influence on the outcome of the 2016 Presidential election.

No American knowingly colluded with these Russian Trolls.

In response to this underwhelming revelation, TDS sufferers are now howling for new Cold War escalations with Russia.

All the trolling as described in the indictment happened on Obama's watch.

Obama was warned multiple times that it was occurring.

Obama and the FBI/DOJ conspired to withhold that information from President Elect Donald Trump.

Have I missed anything?
Bollocks.

If Obama's executive order was illegal or against due process why didn't the courts or whatever body has oversight overturn or quash it?

To me it seems Trump just wants to dismantle anything Obama put in place just because it was by Obama and bears a grudge against him.
First off understand ANY President can undo his predecessors Executive orders. Traditionally it hasn't been done (Until 2009 when Obama did it his first day in Office

SCOTUS never took the case up in this because it was an Obama DoJ which supported it no matter the constitutionality of it.

If they're on benefits because they're too spastic to look after themselves surely it's already been proved that they're too Joey to own a gun?
Brilliant, you have no clue who gets benefits

You could have a man on Benefits who suffers PTSD from Korea and is in no way violent but without even notifying him Obama made him a federal criminal

Now I can see why you would sport wood over taking rights away like that but most NORMAL people do not like doing that to someone

Hows that working for the dead kids?
Oh you drama throbber, cry your eyes out boyo

We didn't revoke the 1st amendment because Neo Nazis or KKK or BLM calls for violence or acts on that hate speech

More kids killed every year in Auto accidents than by guns

we have 317 million+ people and 9,616 were murdered by guns in 2015 according to the FBI (11,004) in 2016

Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

But hasn't America got speed limits and mandatory seat belts to limit the number of deaths by cars?

I am sure you can see my logic here.

I wonder if Farage was piloting to see if you could get away with this:

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Oh you drama throbber, cry your eyes out boyo

We didn't revoke the 1st amendment because Neo Nazis or KKK or BLM calls for violence or acts on that hate speech

we have 317 million+ people and 9,616 were murdered by guns in 2015 according to the FBI (11,004) in 2016

Expanded Homicide Data Table 8
Yes I am clearly sobbing obviously, I should stick with hysterical denying Trump is fallible if I were you. You were the one bleating about rights.

First off understand ANY President can undo his predecessors Executive orders. Traditionally it hasn't been done (Until 2009 when Obama did it his first day in Office

SCOTUS never took the case up in this because it was an Obama DoJ which supported it no matter the constitutionality of it.
Yes I understand that presidents can undo orders. What I'm saying is that Trump is partly motivated by revenge and hubris against Obama and will try and undo anything of his. Trump banging on about Obama's birth certificate when president indicates his stupidity over these matters.

And wasn't Obama's order about dealing with the communication of information about those with mental health issues between agencies enforcing already in force controls, controls which are still in place.

Brilliant, you have no clue who gets benefits

You could have a man on Benefits who suffers PTSD from Korea and is in no way violent but without even notifying him Obama made him a federal criminal

Now I can see why you would sport wood over taking rights away like that but most NORMAL people do not like doing that to someone
The quote specifically said it was 75,000 people who were too mentally impaired to handle their own benefits.

So they're not mentally capable of filling in a form but they should have access to firearms?

The quote specifically said it was 75,000 people who were too mentally impaired to handle their own benefits.

So they're not mentally capable of filling in a form but they should have access to firearms?
I think that anyone who uses all-caps words whilst whining on the internet should be banned from owning firearms; it shows an inability to control their emotions and a lack of testicular fortitude.

Yes I understand that presidents can undo orders. What I'm saying is that Trump is partly motivated by revenge and hubris against Obama and will try and undo anything of his. Trump banging on about Obama's birth certificate when president indicates his stupidity over these matters.

And wasn't Obama's order about dealing with the communication of information about those with mental health issues between agencies enforcing already in force controls, controls which are still in place.
Obama never addressed the issue of the birth certificate that was released and withdrawn PDQ. I had a shufti at it, and there were nearly 200 Photoshop tags in there.

But hasn't America got speed limits and mandatory seat belts to limit the number of deaths by cars?

I am sure you can see my logic here.
I remember seeing a statistic that said more 19yo died on a holiday weekend due to car accidents and lack of seatbelts then in the whole year in Vietnam. But people were out on the streets about Vietnam.

I cannot tell if this thread over a year in is just obsessing about slagging Trump (Praise be the Don for keeping these particular posters focused away from the rest of the site) or just plain old anti Americanism, after the past oh 6 months I feel that it could well be just the latter.