The Trump Presidency...

Everything I have read indicated a lot of the DOW fall was because of the strength of the jobs numbers and record wage increases
Yet previously, everything you'd read about the DOW rising was 'because of the strength of the jobs numbers and record wage increases' as the predestined consequence of the permasend fantasist taking office.

Interesting twist!

You've reverted from being one of this threads foremost resident wrongologists to joining the back of the conga line of umbrage takers. What a sad decline...

Still, I'd like to ask you.

Apart from being a partisan hack what other career highlights did Panetta have that qualified him for Sec Def or Head of the CIA?

Also, I've predicted what is in the Schiff memo (and already rebutted it.)
  • Protestations of Rosenstein's innocence.
  • A whole lot of dissembling whether the Clinton/Steele dossier was “essential” to the FISA application.
  • A justification that the FBI properly informed the FISA court that the Clinton/Steele dossier was politically motivated.
  • The FBI's previous interest in Carter Page.
  • That the FBI's Russia investigation existed before the Clinton/Steele dossier was published:
  • A deliberate attempt to conflate the FISA application with an (R) effort to undermine the Mueller enquiry.
On the eve (Maybe Tuesday at the latest) of the release of the Schiff Countermemo is there anything of any substance in that lot that you wish to dispute?
Interesting twist!

You've reverted from being one of this threads foremost resident wrongologists to joining the back of the conga line of umbrage takers. What a sad decline...

Still, I'd like to ask you.

Apart from being a partisan hack what other career highlights did Panetta have that qualified him for Sec Def or Head of the CIA?

Also, I've predicted what is in the Schiff memo (and already rebutted it.)
  • Protestations of Rosenstein's innocence.
  • A whole lot of dissembling whether the Clinton/Steele dossier was “essential” to the FISA application.
  • A justification that the FBI properly informed the FISA court that the Clinton/Steele dossier was politically motivated.
  • The FBI's previous interest in Carter Page.
  • That the FBI's Russia investigation existed before the Clinton/Steele dossier was published:
  • A deliberate attempt to conflate the FISA application with an (R) effort to undermine the Mueller enquiry.
On the eve (Maybe Tuesday at the latest) of the release of the Schiff Countermemo is there anything of any substance in that lot that you wish to dispute?
So your post didn't contain the throw away line "oh and he never toured" like it was of some relevance. Some people join the forces and some people join wood.

Panetta is a living and breathing example of the Peter Principle.

"A tendency in most organizational hierarchies, such as that of a political party is for every participant to rise in the hierarchy through promotion until they reach the levels of their respective incompetence."
Like Trump, then?

So your post didn't contain the throw away line "oh and he never toured" like it was of some relevance. Some people join the forces and some people join wood.
It was by no means a throw away line.

It was deliberate. I thought it was particularly critical to this specific debate. Particularly since Panetta is likely to be one of Nunes' next targets.

To paraphrase myself I said.

Panetta's only real life experience that qualified him to become Sec Def and Director of the CIA was the very short time he spent between 1964 and 1966 as a 2nd Lt in USA Int Corp.

Panetta is a barely articulate partisan hack.

Panetta's chairmanship of the Vietnam Era Veterans Caucus in the House of Representatives gave him the opportunity to pin medals on real veterans.

The first time Panetta ever toured Vietnam was in 2012.

Panetta had zero military or intelligence street cred in 1968. It never got any better.

These are facts.

Do you wish to dispute the unassailable truth of these facts or will you take the lightweight option of just taking umbrage that I presented them?

Your call.

Last edited:
C’mon Boumer - Panetta has clearly laid his cards on the table as a left wing partisan hack. He is the source?
Well, I think it was actually CIA Director Pompeo who said he had redesigned the brief....

You pays your money you takes your choice. Iconclastic trail blazer or ignoramus, you be the judge according to your own skills and judgement.

Trump’s admirers say he has a unique ability to cut through conventional foreign policy wisdom and ask questions that others have long taken for granted. “Why are we even in Somalia?” or “Why can’t I just pull out of Afghanistan?” he will ask, according to officials.
Breaking with tradition, Trump skips written intelligence report for oral briefings

It was deliberate. I thought it was particularly critical to this specific debate.

Panetta's only real life experience that qualified him to become Sec Def and Director of the CIA was the very short time he spent between 1964 and 1966 as a 2nd Lt in USA Int Corp.

Panetta's chairmanship of the Vietnam Era Veterans Caucus in the House of Representatives gave him the opportunity to pin medals on real veterans.

Panetta had zero military or intelligence street cred in 1968. It never got any better.

These are facts.

Do you wish to dispute the unassailable truth of these facts or will you take the lightweight option of just taking umbrage that I presented them?

Your call.
Trump is the Commander in Chief of the most powerful Armed Forces on the planet...

These are facts.

No they aren't; they're opinion.

How do you quantify 'street cred'?

Yet previously, everything you'd read about the DOW rising was 'because of the strength of the jobs numbers and record wage increases' as the predestined consequence of the permasend fantasist taking office.
And still the market is incredibly high - still the best year my portfolio has done in 12 years.

And still the market is incredibly high - still the best year my portfolio has done in 12 years
Yeah, Obama did a wonderful job didn't he?

Yeah, Obama did a wonderful job didn't he?

The last economic result that Obama had any real influence over was the first quarter 2017 USGDP figure.

It was 1.2%

We won't have to wait too long for the first quarter 2018 numbers.

The Atlanta Fed GDPNow forecasting model is currently predicting 4%. (Down from a high of 5.4% earlier in the month)

In terms of economic growth, Obama came last among all the post WW2 Presidents.

Obama did not help his cause by suggesting that low growth was the 'new normal' and there was nothing that he could do about it.

Seems a fair comment.

It was deliberate. I thought it was particularly critical to this specific debate. Particularly since Panetta is likely to be one of Nunes' next targets.

These are facts.

Your call.
I can see you don't like Panetta although I struggle to see how he has impacted on your life, so he only did two years, that's two more than Trump who this thread is actually about. I do wonder what qualifies you to be an arbiter on what constitutes a veteran of an army you weren't part of in a country to which you don't belong.

I can see you don't like Panetta although I struggle to see how he has impacted on your life, so he only did two years, that's two more than Trump who this thread is actually about. I do wonder what qualifies you to be an arbiter on what constitutes a veteran of an army you weren't part of in a country to which you don't belong.

Panetta (and his successor) have everything to do with this current thread.;)

Check the timeline I provided.

Particularly August 27 2016.

You as a lot of questions. None of them relevant to the topic. Ask yourself this. Why did Sen. (D) Harry Reid send a letter to then-FBI Director James Comey requesting investigation of 'The evidence of a direct connection between the Russian government and Donald Trump's presidential campaign?

Tomorrow's news today...

You really haven't been paying attention have you?

Panetta (and his successor) have everything to do with this current thread.;)

Check the timeline I provided.

Particularly August 27 2016.

You as a lot of questions. None of them relevant to the topic. Ask yourself this. Why did Sen. (D) Harry Reid send a letter to then-FBI Director James Comey requesting investigation of 'The evidence of a direct connection between the Russian government and Donald Trump's presidential campaign?

Tomorrow's news today...

You really haven't been paying attention have you?
Nice side step