The Trump Presidency...

I linked it so where before, but have a read of this

Here's the Memo That Blew Up the NSC

POTUS and Political Warafe. To be fair, the guy who wrote this got sacked. But that he felt he could write it and submit it is interesting.

It is littered with "Deep state" mindset stuff - and makes clear, you are either with us, or against us.

It reads like a paranoid undergraduate politics student essay.
Has he moved on to a script writing post at Infowars

The dossier was originally paid for by a Republican donor who passed it on to the DNC after Trump won the primary, I'm surprised you didn't google it.
This comment surpasses your usual dissembling and heads into outright lie territory.

The 'dossier' was not originally paid for by a Republican donor.

Fusion GPS was engaged the Washington Free Beacon to provide research on multiple candidates in the Republican presidential primary. All the material provided to the Washington Beacon was from open source material. When it became clear that Trump was likely to win the nomination the arrangement was terminated in May 2016. Even the New York Times does not dispute that. “The Free Beacon had no knowledge of or connection to the Steele dossier, did not pay for the dossier, and never had contact with, knowledge of, or provided payment for any work performed by Christopher Steele.”

Desperate, desperate stuff. You are either a liar, stupid or both.

The Democrats and by extension the DOJ/FBI have to fill the gaps left by the partisan Nunes Memo. They are big gaps. The Dems DOJ/FBI have to provide a big something.

If the FISA approval process is as rigorous as suggested, at the moment there is only the partisan Steele Dossier and a news article by Yahoo offered as support to grant the initial FISA Warrant in October. A news article printed after the author was briefed by Steele. Steele is the only source.

Any mention of Papadopoulos and Australian Ambassadors by the dems DOJ/FBI as evidence for the warrant is deliberate dissembling.

Steele was put on the FBI payroll in Early June 2016. Reports of Papadopoulos' drunken conversation which occurred in May 2016 was not reported to the FBI until very late July. By which time the Australian information about Dem emails was very old news because Wikileaks had released them. Papadopoulos was not even formally interviewed by the FBI until January 2017. Nothing Papadopoulos said corroborated anything Steele reported. It is very weak evidence.

Dems DOJ/FBI have to provide a big something to justify the big gaps in justifying the original FISA warrant. So far they have failed to do so.

The Mueller enquiry has been investigating Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections including exploring any links or coordination between Donald Trump's 2016 presidential campaign and the Russian government since May 2017. Thus far no links or coordination have been exposed. I would have more faith in Mueller if his enquiry acted less like a permanent perjury trap.

I read the same memo as you did but as it was a selective document trusting it depends on where you stand. To renew the warrant the FBI would have to show that the investigation is making progress not just pop up every three months with the same paper work. The Nunes memo does not tell the whole story just the bits he wanted to get out, Carter Page may have been mentioned in the Steele Dossier but he had been under investigation since 2014 before the dossier existed. If this links to Trump remains to be seen after although Page was the foreign policy advisor to the Trump campaign Trump said he never met or was advised by him and Trump wouldn't lie would he.
If this warrant was renewed three times as it was ‘producing results’ - why isn’t carter page in a cell right now?

This comment surpasses your usual dissembling and heads into outright lie territory.

The 'dossier' was not originally paid for by a Republican donor.

Fusion GPS was engaged the Washington Free Beacon to provide research on multiple candidates in the Republican presidential primary. All the material provided to the Washington Beacon was from open source material. When it became clear that Trump was likely to win the nomination the arrangement was terminated in May 2016. Even the New York Times does not dispute that. “The Free Beacon had no knowledge of or connection to the Steele dossier, did not pay for the dossier, and never had contact with, knowledge of, or provided payment for any work performed by Christopher Steele.”

Desperate, desperate stuff. You are either a liar, stupid or both.

The Democrats and by extension the DOJ/FBI have to fill the gaps left by the partisan Nunes Memo. They are big gaps. The Dems DOJ/FBI have to provide a big something.

If the FISA approval process is as rigorous as suggested, at the moment there is only the partisan Steele Dossier and a news article by Yahoo offered as support to grant the initial FISA Warrant in October. A news article printed after the author was briefed by Steele. Steele is the only source.

Any mention of Papadopoulos and Australian Ambassadors by the dems DOJ/FBI as evidence for the warrant is deliberate dissembling.

Steele was put on the FBI payroll in Early June 2016. Reports of Papadopoulos' drunken conversation which occurred in May 2016 was not reported to the FBI until very late July. By which time the Australian information about Dem emails was very old news because Wikileaks had released them. Papadopoulos was not even formally interviewed by the FBI until January 2017. Nothing Papadopoulos said corroborated anything Steele reported. It is very weak evidence.

Dems DOJ/FBI have to provide a big something to justify the big gaps in justifying the original FISA warrant. So far they have failed to do so.

The Mueller enquiry has been investigating Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections including exploring any links or coordination between Donald Trump's 2016 presidential campaign and the Russian government since May 2017. Thus far no links or coordination have been exposed. I would have more faith in Mueller if his enquiry acted less like a permanent perjury trap.
Have you ever tried not typing like your about to have a coronary.

The original work was started by The Washington Free Beacon funded by Paul Singer who employed Fusion GPS anything after is a consequence of that action.

Has anyone mentioned that you are singularly rude even for an Australian.

I don't know maybe he's singing like a bird, stranger things have happened.
Have you read his tweets/press releases? He is not cooperating at all - basically he is asking - where is the evidence.

The original work was started by The Washington Free Beacon funded by Paul Singer who employed Fusion GPS anything after is a consequence of that action.
Compare and contrast

The dossier was originally paid for by a Republican donor who passed it on to the DNC after Trump won the primary, I'm surprised you didn't google it.

Your first was an egregious lie.

The second just more dissembling.

The 'Steele Dossier' was directed only at Trump. It was paid for by the DNC and Hillary Campaign. It relied upon allegedly 'secret' not open sources. Anything after is not a consequence of that action.

I'm not surprised that you regard being called a stupid liar rude. If you want less rudeness how about trying not to tell stupid lies?

Have you read his tweets/press releases? He is not cooperating at all - basically he is asking - where is the evidence.

There is some conjecture that Carter Page was employed by the FBI as an undercover agent in the Buryakov trial.

The agent that bugged Buryakov may have been Carter Page.

If true, it will be interesting to see how and why Carter Page went from being an FBI white hat to a black hat so fast.

Compare and contrast

Your first was an egregious lie.

The second just more dissembling.

The 'Steele Dossier' was directed only at Trump. It was paid for by the DNC and Hillary Campaign. It relied upon allegedly 'secret' not open sources. Anything after is not a consequence of that action.

I'm not surprised that you regard being called a stupid liar rude. If you want less rudeness how about trying not to tell stupid lies?
You seem very bitter about something have a lay down for god's sake you'll do yourself an injury.

I've served, operationally too.....got some medals as well....so I don't see your point.......want to compare notes about who actually did their war role longest?
Isn't responding to you so why do you feel the need to fight for your boyfriend?

BB's whole rep here has been bragging about how he dodged tours while many of you had to go fight those tours. I think its pretty cowardly to wear the uniform and refuse to go operational and then brag to those who did how he got over.

The fact you dont see the Hypocrisy in a coward berating someone who didn't serve like he was Beharry VC astounds me

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Isn't responding to you so why do you feel the need to fight for your boyfriend?

BB's whole rep here has been bragging about how he dodged tours while many of you had to go fight those tours. I think its pretty cowardly to wear the uniform and refuse to go operational and then brag to those who did how he got over.

The fact you dont see the Hypocrisy in a coward berating someone who didn't serve like he was Beharry VC astounds me
Yet you're happy with a never served civilian insulting people as long he's for Trump ?

Yet you're happy with a never served civilian insulting people as long he's for Trump ?
Speaking of boyfriends.

Have you ever offered anything of substance to this debate?

Apart from toadying you are literally pointless.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Speaking of boyfriends.

Have you ever offered anything of substance to this debate?

Apart from toadying you are literally pointless.
Case proven, cheers easy. Got that list of all my quotes you promised yet ? I should stick to your usual dross if I was you, which thank God I'm not.

No man, it's so obviously a Deep State action to divert attention from the evil machinations of the Justice Department and FBI.

*use of the term "Deep State" as a serious talking point has been added to my list of Combat Indicators of the Terminally Batshit
It is not sufficient just to ridicule the concept of "Deep State" without explaining why it should be ridiculed. Preferably give examples.

The concept of unelected officials in government abusing their power is not a new one.
Eisenhower had J. Edgar Hoover. From Wikipedia;

Later in life and after his death, Hoover became a controversial figure as evidence of his secretive abuses of power began to surface. He was found to have exceeded the jurisdiction of the FBI,[1] and to have used the FBI to harass political dissenters and activists, to amass secret files on political leaders,[2] and to collect evidence using illegal methods.[3] Hoover consequently amassed a great deal of power and was in a position to intimidate and threaten sitting presidents.[4].​
There are many questions that need answers from both the FBI and the DOJ. Why is it, that given the events of the past 18 months, you think that the idea of anyone merely questioning the FBI or the Justice Department over their performance is "terminally batshit"?

The FBI and DOJ need to answer questions regarding their handling of the Clinton email investigation. This is being done and Horowitz's report is due quite soon. I look forward to it. Already Horowitz's investigation has claimed Page, McCabe, Ohr and Stroz. So there is something brewing.

The FBI and DOJ need to answer questions regarding their FISA Warrant application that targeted Carter Page. Was this warrant only reliant on the Steele Dossier and circularly by Journalists that Steele had briefed? We are waiting on the Democrats counter memo to the Nunes Memo. Let's hope that fills some of the massive gaps.

These investigations into abuse of power through political partisanship and the collection of evidence using illegal methods are welcome.

Simply claiming - nothing to see here it's all terminally batshit without offering an argument why that is the case, well it's just lazy.

Last edited:
It is not sufficient just to ridicule the concept of "Deep State" without explaining why it should be ridiculed. Preferably give examples.

The concept of unelected officials in government abusing their power is not a new one.
Eisenhower had J. Edgar Hoover. From Wikipedia;

Later in life and after his death, Hoover became a controversial figure as evidence of his secretive abuses of power began to surface. He was found to have exceeded the jurisdiction of the FBI,[1] and to have used the FBI to harass political dissenters and activists, to amass secret files on political leaders,[2] and to collect evidence using illegal methods.[3] Hoover consequently amassed a great deal of power and was in a position to intimidate and threaten sitting presidents.[4].​
There are many questions that need answers from both the FBI and the DOJ. Why is it, that given the events of the past 18 months, you think that the idea of anyone merely questioning the FBI or the Justice Department over their performance is "terminally batshit"?

The FBI and DOJ need to answer questions regarding their handling of the Clinton email investigation. This is being done and Horowitz's report is due quite soon. I look forward to it. Already Horowitz's investigation has claimed Page, McCabe, Ohr and Stroz. So there is something brewing.

The FBI and DOJ need to answer questions regarding their FISA Warrant application that targeted Carter Page. Was this warrant only reliant on the Steele Dossier and circularly by Journalists that Steele had briefed? We are waiting on the Democrats counter memo to the Nunes Memo. Let's hope that fills some of the massive gaps.

These investigations into abuse of power through political partisanship and the collection of evidence using illegal methods are welcome.

Simply claiming - nothing to see here it's all terminally batshit without offering an argument why that is the case, well it's just lazy.
Every republican on the intelligence committee has voted to release the democrat memo... not one democrat voted to release the Nunez memo.

I say - Let’s see it. The wailing of ‘national security concerns’ were completely unfounded, let’s see why they have got.

I am obviously interested in the next part of Nunez’s report.

I read the same memo as you did but as it was a selective document trusting it depends on where you stand. To renew the warrant the FBI would have to show that the investigation is making progress not just pop up every three months with the same paper work. The Nunes memo does not tell the whole story just the bits he wanted to get out, Carter Page may have been mentioned in the Steele Dossier but he had been under investigation since 2014 before the dossier existed. If this links to Trump remains to be seen after although Page was the foreign policy advisor to the Trump campaign Trump said he never met or was advised by him and Trump wouldn't lie would he.
All of this has been discussed here many times, but as it doesn't coincide with @SOCALSapper 's view of the world under Trump, he won't acknowledge it.

Every republican on the intelligence committee has voted to release the democrat memo... not one democrat voted to release the Nunez memo.

I say - Let’s see it. The wailing of ‘national security concerns’ were completely unfounded, let’s see why they have got.

I am obviously interested in the next part of Nunez’s report.
By next part, I'm assuming you mean the eminent release of the Grassley Graham memo?

Will be interesting to see the unredacted version but I'd say on the strength of the bits with lots of black stuff Chris Steele is done. He's gorn.

Last edited:

Latest Threads