The Trump Presidency...

Well we have the current POTUS and his party who have managed to destroy the economy.

How? Nope, the world is in a recession because of a war started by a Russian. Prices have gone up, get a better job. In real terms Trumponomics just gave money to rich people,..............errrr, like him, his family and his friends.

He continues to undermine the Constitution at any chance.

How? I'm not feeling it, and I'm damn sure if he was congress, and the Justice Department would have something to say about it.

He is responsible for opening up our southern border and letting a flood of illegals into the country.

I'm down here close to the border and its business as usual: Underfunded and overworked just like always according to the CBP blokes who shoot at the local range. Added to which if they do come over maybe they could take those 5,000,000 jobs that no one else seems to want to do and help get the economy back on track.

His party is pushing a radical agenda that the majority do not want,

Radical cheaper healthcare, and revolutionary living wage minmums.

which is creating a massive rift and turning America into two tribes occupying the same space.

Nope, I think if you follow the timeline back you will see that Trump did that. He turned the facts he could not accept into lies and those lies are being perpetuated by the GOP so that the dim people who believe in paedo rings based out of pizza shops still vote for them.

Between the political infighting rather than looking after the country, the religious nutters, self proclaimed militias, and now the erosion of womens rights back to the 19th century this country is going one way.

Some people here will not be happy till it is like this:

iu

iu

Fuel prices were going up long before Russia invaded Ukraine. The only thing that historic event did was accelerate the jumps.
The funny thing is that septics think that petrol is expensive. Then again we do appreciate that most of you can't spell 'passport' let alone acquire one to travel and see what happens in the rest of the world.

The funny thing is that septics think that petrol is expensive. Then again we do appreciate that most of you can't spell 'passport' let alone acquire one to travel and see what happens in the rest of the world.
Oddly enough if it wasn’t taxed as heavily some countries would pay prices similar to ours.

Also remember we have resources.

Fuel prices were going up long before Russia invaded Ukraine. The only thing that historic event did was accelerate the jumps.
Where do I or Beau mention Ukranine?

In the video Beau illustrates fuel prices across the world. Other than the Middle East oil countries the US has the cheapest fuel.
On ‘blame Biden’ he is not in charge of the supply, demand and cost of fuel. As Beau highlights the federal fuel tax (to which a tax break is referred to) is minor in relation to state taxes.

The cost of oil rises, and the earths resources to enable fossil fuels are falling

Oddly enough if it wasn’t taxed as heavily some countries would pay prices similar to ours.

Also remember we have resources.
But yours isn't, so stop moaning. Petrol prices have gone up due to market prices, much, not all, of which is related to political and military tensions around the world. The issue isn't so much with government oil and petroleum taxes (much as I think that they are too high in the UK) but to do with that the fact that oil companies raise the prices at the merest sniff of a bull market and then conveniently forget to drop them anywhere near as quickly.

As a c/Conservative capitalist I baulk at writing this stuff but I am not wrong.

Where do I or Beau mention Ukranine?

In the video Beau illustrates fuel prices across the world. Other than the Middle East oil countries the US has the cheapest fuel.
On ‘blame Biden’ he is not in charge of the supply, demand and cost of fuel. As Beau highlights the federal fuel tax (to which a tax break is referred to) is minor in relation to state taxes.

The cost of oil rises, and the earths resources to enable fossil fuels are falling
Apologies but I was unable to watch that video at the time. Didn’t want to wake the wife or four legged alarms up.

Biden is in charge of the Executive branch, and they do control land for leases. The Climate change lunatics are waging war on the fossil fuel industry.

But yours isn't, so stop moaning. Petrol prices have gone up due to market prices, much, not all, of which is related to political and military tensions around the world. The issue isn't so much with government oil and petroleum taxes (much as I think that they are too high in the UK) but to do with that the fact that oil companies raise the prices at the merest sniff of a bull market and then conveniently forget to drop them anywhere near as quickly.

As a c/Conservative capitalist I baulk at writing this stuff but I am not wrong.
Or the fact that a certain party in the US is anti fossil fuel and is doing their very best to transition. Limiting domestic production is one of their goals.

Let’s not talk about our personal preferences. You might consider yourself conservative, but it doesn’t mean you match up with my definition of that word word either.

Or the fact that a certain party in the US is anti fossil fuel and is doing their very best to transition. Limiting domestic production is one of their goals.

Let’s not talk about our personal preferences. You might consider yourself conservative, but it doesn’t mean you match up with my definition of that word word either.
The only concession that I will make to that is that Biden could encourage more oil and gas production. In the short term I think that he should, no question. In the long term we, globally, need to be building economies that don't rely on fossil fuels. I get why he isn't doing it, I don't agree with it as a tactical solution, I do as a strategic one.

The only concession that I will make to that is that Biden could encourage more oil and gas production. In the short term I think that he should, no question. In the long term we, globally, need to be building economies that don't rely on fossil fuels. I get why he isn't doing it, I don't agree with it as a tactical solution, I do as a strategic one.

Biden has spoken with the oil companies about production and pricing. Depends if they want to listen to him, or not.

Facts to Steamy (EmConJob 2nd Shift) are simply items to be dismissed unless they fit his anti blue rants.
Have fuel prices doubled since Joe Biden took office? Was first action to kill a pipeline?
Has his administration been canceling the sales of public leases?

Forgive me for asking but will you be buying an EV?

According to the business press in Canada, oil companies have a very limited interest in increasing investment in new production at present. The focus instead is on paying down debt run up during the previous period of low prices and increasing dividends. Nobody is going to make serious long term investments based on what may be short term price changes caused by the Ukraine war.

The most realistic possibility for increasing oil production in the short term (as in right now) is tor the US to remove sanctions on Iranian oil exports. They could then remove sanctions from Venezuela, but it would take some years for production there to recover.

Here's some numbers that are worth pondering. I've listed the countries with the biggest oil reserves. Between them these countries hold 85 per cent of the world's oil reserves. Of those countries, four of them holding nearly 40 per cent of the world's oil reserves are currently under sanctions which prohibit or limit their oil exports. Another accounting for more than 10 per cent of the world's reserves currently has its oil exports limited due to US policy which has the same effect as sanctions although is not classed as such.

In case anyone is having a problem with understanding those numbers, that's roughly 50 per cent of the world's oil reserves currently under some form of oil export restrictions. Any one of those on its own would probably not make a lot of difference. Add them all together however, and anybody who claims they are confused about why oil prices are so high is either lying or mentally deficient.

As I said above, the country that could increase oil exports in the immediate future is Iran. All that's needed to fix that situation is for the US to sign back onto the deal that Europe negotiated several years ago. As to who the half wit in the US who backed out of that one is, I'm sure we're all aware.

Country
Oil Reserves
Per Cent
Under Sanctions
US Pipeline Ban
Venezuela​
304​
18.3%​
18.3%​
Saudi Arabia​
259​
15.6%​
Iran​
209​
12.6%​
12.6%​
Canada​
170​
10.2%​
10.2%​
Iraq​
145​
8.7%​
Kuwait​
102​
6.1%​
UAE​
98​
5.9%​
Russia​
80​
4.8%​
4.8%​
Libya​
48​
2.9%​
2.9%​
Total​
1415​
85.1%​
38.6%​
10.2%​
World​
1662​
100.0%​

Eyes_Right

Old-Salt
It's an amusing insight into the definition of true irony that we quite happily continue to buy oil from Saudi - a nation of some of the world's most religious extremists (after Alabama), who have zero-tolerance for women and LBGTQ, provided the majority of the terrorists to commit the worst attack on American soil, embrace public executions, openly murder anyone who criticizes the Saudi Royals and have made bribery and corruption a way of life for themselves and anyone who deals with them.

But those stinkin' Commies in Venezuela, we're not dealing with those scumbags....

It's an amusing insight into the definition of true irony that we quite happily continue to buy oil from Saudi - a nation of some of the world's most religious extremists (after Alabama), who have zero-tolerance for women and LBGTQ, provided the majority of the terrorists to commit the worst attack on American soil, embrace public executions, openly murder anyone who criticizes the Saudi Royals and have made bribery and corruption a way of life for themselves and anyone who deals with them.

But those stinkin' Commies in Venezuela, we're not dealing with those scumbags....
Because we have a party that is adverse to using our own natural resources in country…

Interesting:

Trump is so impetuous I wonder if he'll be able to wait until after the mid-terms?
He will wait for as long as he can because the minute that he makes an announcement that he is running then he has to abide by funding rules. Until then he can spend the millions that the mugs keep sending him on literally anything that he wants.

Latest Threads