Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

Trump should start his own party, that way he can start fresh and not need to deal with any swamp rats in the party. It's time there was a good shake up in politics. Maybe then your elected politicians will start working for the people that pay their wages, instead of resting on their laurels. Currently you have 2 choices to vote for - a corrupt child sniffer with Alzheimer's, or another party headed by I don't know who now. Maybe if these two didn't take voters for granted USA would be a better place than it is just now.
I don’t know if a party that hates progressives is a good idea at this point in time. Especially if it is composed of the people losing their jobs.

Ayatollah

Old-Salt
I don’t know if a party that hates progressives is a good idea at this point in time. Especially if it is composed of the people losing their jobs.
I posted a few day's ago that Trump should start a Fourth Party perhaps called the Federalists. He's had enough followers that in an election I would say Democrats and federalists would be the only ones on the ballot, and the winner would be the Federalist headed by Trump.
Afterall the Democraps have admitted the only reason they are pushing an Impeachment is to stop Trump from running in any official position. And as I've said before They can't impeach a private citizen, and even if they try/do it will end up at the Supreme Court.
Trump will successfully ride again.

Funbaby

Old-Salt
Trump should start his own party, that way he can start fresh and not need to deal with any swamp rats in the party. It's time there was a good shake up in politics. Maybe then your elected politicians will start working for the people that pay their wages, instead of resting on their laurels. Currently you have 2 choices to vote for - a corrupt child sniffer with Alzheimer's, or another party headed by I don't know who now. Maybe if these two didn't take voters for granted USA would be a better place than it is just now.
Good idea. Trump needs to form his own party; that way neither the GOP or his proto-fascist mob will ever win an election again. Hurrah.

tgo

War Hero
Now impeachment has failed, they'll likely find something to do him for on the legal system, tax fraud maybe or something else that would either put him behind bars or be an insurmountable obstacle to running for office again - or both!

I think there should be a rule against another poster changing a post of someone else. It is after all Fraud!
I think people shouldn't post obvious crap that needs correcting.
But it looks like neither of us get what we want.

The price of Trumpette loyalty; I wonder if, six months from now, they'll still think it was worth it given TangoMan's willingness to disown people?

'The Republican Party as a whole aren’t the only ones grappling with the aftermath of the Trump presidency.

'Aides who chose not to join him in Florida are now reportedly frantically seeking employment, their resumes even less appealing to potential employers after the Washington riots earlier this month – with one former White House official telling Politico they knew of “people who got jobs rescinded because of Jan 6”.

'It isn’t just the low-hanging fruit, however, who’ve been given the cold shoulder.

'Two people familiar with the thinking of Mr Trump’s former chief of staff, Mark Meadows – who spent seven years in the House of Representatives before joining the White House – said he was even considering a position at the Trump Organisation because of a lack of options.

“They are really f***ed,” a Republican strategist told the publication, pointing to some top officials who stood by Mr Trump “until the bitter end”.

“The Hill scramble, one of the few places where they’d be welcomed, already happened a month or so ago … They were told over and over to take their hand off the hot stove, and they didn’t want to listen.”

Donald Trump: Impact of presidency signals Republican Party’s destruction (news.com.au)

ches

LE
The price of Trumpette loyalty; I wonder if, six months from now, they'll still think it was worth it given TangoMan's willingness to disown people?

'The Republican Party as a whole aren’t the only ones grappling with the aftermath of the Trump presidency.

'Aides who chose not to join him in Florida are now reportedly frantically seeking employment, their resumes even less appealing to potential employers after the Washington riots earlier this month – with one former White House official telling Politico they knew of “people who got jobs rescinded because of Jan 6”.

'It isn’t just the low-hanging fruit, however, who’ve been given the cold shoulder.

'Two people familiar with the thinking of Mr Trump’s former chief of staff, Mark Meadows – who spent seven years in the House of Representatives before joining the White House – said he was even considering a position at the Trump Organisation because of a lack of options.

“They are really f***ed,” a Republican strategist told the publication, pointing to some top officials who stood by Mr Trump “until the bitter end”.

“The Hill scramble, one of the few places where they’d be welcomed, already happened a month or so ago … They were told over and over to take their hand off the hot stove, and they didn’t want to listen.”

Donald Trump: Impact of presidency signals Republican Party’s destruction (news.com.au)
I'd like to be sympathetic but you made your bed you idiots, now lie in it.

I'd like to be sympathetic but you made your bed you idiots, now lie in it.
The moral of the story-"Everything Trump touches, dies."
Careers.
Prospects.
The Republican Party.
His country's reputation.
400,000 Americans and counting.

BigT

LE
Now impeachment has failed, they'll likely find something to do him for on the legal system, tax fraud maybe or something else that would either put him behind bars or be an insurmountable obstacle to running for office again - or both!

SDNY have been building a tax fraud case against him since at least 2018. He has been allegedly undervaluing some of his property portfolio to reduce his business tax and inflating the value as collateral on loans.

Who says it's failed? It hasn't actually happened yet.

In any case, the Democrats don't necessarily have to see Trump "convicted" in the Senate. It might be better for them if (unlike last time) they simply get evidence heard and witnesses called. If they can produce a sufficiently damning case, with sufficiently credible witnesses and the Republicans still vote along party lines then that's a stick to beat them with in two years time when the House and Senate elections roll around again.
Lots of lovely attack ads with witness A saying "Trump told them to invade the Capitol" juxtaposed with GOP Senator B voting "Nay" to impeachment.

offog

LE

In any case, the Democrats don't necessarily have to see Trump "convicted" in the Senate. It might be better for them if (unlike last time) they simply get evidence heard and witnesses called. If they can produce a sufficiently damning case, with sufficiently credible witnesses and the Republicans still vote along party lines then that's a stick to beat them with in two years time when the House and Senate elections roll around again.
Lots of lovely attack ads with witness A saying "Trump told them to invade the Capitol" juxtaposed with GOP Senator B voting "Nay" to impeachment.
And all this talk of "it is unconstitutional as he is not president" would fall by the wayside as I would think that sedition is also a criminal offence so they still have the option of putting him in front of a court.

Now that his twitter account has been closed he no longer has the ability threaten those who act against him by rebel rousing his followers in a very public way.

BigT

LE

It will be interesting to see how many of those arrested for invading the Capitol use Trumps words in their defence in court, in the odd reports I've seen saying Trump told us to do it seems quite a popular reason for their behaviour.

It will be interesting to see how many of those arrested for invading the Capitol use Trumps words in their defence in court, in the odd reports I've seen saying Trump told us to do it seems quite a popular reason for their behaviour.
Exactly fits with about a minute into this :