The Trump Presidency...

When is this thread going to locked?
The God Emperor (for life) of the USA has been voted out and handed his house keys back to the letting agent. He ain't the POTUS anymore.
He is an ex President.

As Mr. Praline would have said, "'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This POTUS is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-POTUS!!"

Ritch

LE
I have a theory. Ipso is actually Hilary Clinton carrying out false flag operations on ARRSE to discredit Trump Supporters within the UK.

That Hillary gets everywhere. She's a busy girl.

Aye; just what is it with this probing baloney?
Do believers in alien abduction really think that there exists a race of beings who have conquered the FTL problem yet can't build a CT or MRI scanner?
Or, if they deem it necessary, take biopsies properly?
Interstellar perverts? Incomprehensible sense of humour?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aye; just what is it with this probing baloney?
Do believers in alien abduction really think that there exists a race of beings who have conquered the FTL problem yet can't build a CT or MRI scanner?
Or, if they deem it necessary, take biopsies properly?
Interstellar perverts? Incomprehensible sense of humour?
It's a simple misunderstanding. When the aliens said '**** probing', what they meant was in depth questioning on minutiae.

It's a simple misunderstanding. When the aliens said '**** probing', what they meant was in depth questioning on minutiae.
Well that's a bit of a bummer then.

DYSWIDT?

offog

LE
Are you mental?
No just pointing out to you your contradiction.

If every thing that CNN prints is fake then the report they printed that Trump won the 2016 election must be fake.

If you accept that Trump won the election then the CNN report must be true.

So you have to accept that your first statement that every thing CNN prints is fake can't be true .

Now do you see your problem.

No just pointing out to you your contradiction.

If every thing that CNN prints is fake then the report they printed that Trump won the 2016 election must be fake.

If you accept that Trump won the election then the CNN report must be true.

So you have to accept that your first statement that every thing CNN prints is fake can't be true .

Now do you see your problem.
You...you and your logic!

Dwarf

LE
What strikes me over this is the parallels with Diana and the same style reaction by the faithful.

Diana presented a fairy tale to the nation used to a fairly staid Royal Family, Trump presented a picture to the nation that appealed to a certain segment of the population.

When Diana’s marriage failed the faithful couldn’t accept that their idol was in anyway at fault and everything was the fault of Charles and that horrible, horrible, witch Camilla. The fact that Diana could be a manipulative bitch at times and certainly bore a certain amount of blame would tar the image they want to preserve so it’s ignored and it’s easier to trash Charles and Camilla, the Royal Family and everyone else but their idol and spoil the image.

When Trump lost the election and the fairy tale was ending it couldn’t be his fault either despite the fact that he made mistakes and could be a prize penis-head on occasion, managing to annoy sufficient people to vote him out. So it’s the fault of everyone and everything else except the idol, and to avoid having to face the fact that he might indeed be responsible for his defeat it’s easier to trash Biden and everything connected to him.

Both sets of faithful need to start accepting that while their idols did some things right they also did some things wrong instead of trying to find all sorts of conspiracies to exculpate them. That way you get the right answers and don’t have to live with a lifetime of resentment.

Now can anyone find a Fiat Uno in the USA?

Watched most of The Trump Show: Downfall on iPlayer, will finish it off tonight.

Most of it is a collection of news and mobile phone clips but it also has some talking heads giving their experiences of pre and post election events, which I should think many on here know most of already.

But a few comments stick in mind.

One being a Trump campaign strategist who I think did feel initially there were some election shenanigans but as the court cases progressed he realised there was no evidence of it and thought they had to move on.

The other was Chris Christie who observed that the Trump camp and their lawyers made all sorts of claims of election fraud but as soon as they got inside the court, they just didn't make them knowing the consequences.

And lastly, an adviser sitting in on meetings about how to deal with Covid noting that the meetings were brought around by Trump to how to reverse the election.

Papa_Lazarou

War Hero
So, brown people commit crimes where they live. Mostly against other brown people. If you factor in the apartheid levels of inequality in America, you can see why their police appear as a public health hazard if you are brown.

Inequality isn't a plan, it's a consequence of a relatively free market economy. Its also not apartheid based, since it occurs in pretty much every country regardless of their underlying economic model, you should try India out as a fact finding trip, all brown, desperate inequality.

There is no human society that has reached the nirvana of equality, primarily because humans are not wired like that.

In order to be able to engage in philanthropy you need to have money, in order to get money you have to either work or be extremely lucky, and in the acquisition of the wealth that allows you the philanthropic pursuits you probably won't get there if you give it all away as soon as you get it during the journey.

Its tough to face up to, but also humans group with like minded people who look much like themselves and they disconnect from people who aren't the same as them. No one has cracked that, it may not be overt prejudice in action but it exists in all humans minds hard coded, so wailing about the poor "insert minority of choice and virtue this week" and how they have it bad vice another cherry picked group ignores the complexities and human condition.

If everyone was so minded and it was easy you'd have though there would be no more of it in humanity since we have had a few thousand years to work it off?

Or its all the fault of rich white people, which one seems more probable?

Spartak1st

Old-Salt
At the time of the passing of the late , much lamented George Floyd, I jotted down some notes from an article, in The Times,* I believe. The figures are for the US and are for 2018 as I recall.
Of all the people killed by the police 25% were black, 50% were white with the remainder latino, Asian etc.
Black people make up 13 % of the US population but commit 39% of the murders and 54% of the robberies.

In 2018 for every black person killed by a white person there were eleven black people killed by other black people.

Seems that some black people put themselves in harms way. I also do not accept that because you are poor it's okay to commit crime

* Figures probably still available on website if anyone wants to verify, probably behind paywall.
The Bureau of Justice Stastics’ ‘Race And Ethnicity Of Violent Crime Offenders And Arrestees, 2018’ is about as authoritative as you are going to get (see my caveats below) and I recommend this as a starting point in place of newspaper headlines. My apologies, i provided links but Arrse thinks they're spam so wont post them.

‘Contacts Between Police and the
Public, 2018 – Statistical Tables’
again by the BJS is illuminating:

Highlights
In the prior 12 months, as of 2018, among persons age 16 or older—
About 61.5 million residents had at least one contact with police.
Twenty-four percent of residents experienced contact with police, up from 21% in 2015.
Whites (26%) were more likely than blacks (21%), Hispanics (19%), or persons of other races (20%) to experience police contact.
Tere was no statistically signifcant diference in the percentage of whites (12%) and blacks (11%) who experienced police-initiated contact.
Persons ages 18 to 24 were most likely to have any contact with police (30%) and to experience police-initiated contact (19%).
A higher percentage of blacks (4%) and Hispanics (3%) than whites (2%) or other races (2%) experienced threats or use of force.
Males (3%) were more likely than females (1%) to experience threats or use of force.
Four percent of blacks and 4% of Hispanics reported being handcufed during their most recent contact with police, compared to 2% of whites and 2% of other races.”

If you want more detail then the FBI National Crime Stats are worth looking at. Here you can see for instance that 51.2% of murders and non negligent manslaughter, 36.4% of violent crime and 41.8% of weapons carrying/possession offences are attributed to Black or African Americans (using the nomenclature from the reports).

I did see a recent report that 70%??? of Black or African Americans were victims of same, but can’t find it again to add here. When you consider how many incidents are by family, lovers (or persons known to the victim, this is entirely plausible.

A caveat I would add to any crime data from America is that, there is no standardisation in definitions or reporting across the 14,000? Police forces and law enforcement agencies. This makes it very hard for even professional researchers and analysts to gain accurate insight on a national level. Just decoding local stats can be tricky and time consuming.

This is particularly the case when researching deaths in custody. How ‘custody’ is defined or interpreted varies dramatically from force to force, and we in the UK looking at it from the outside have to drop our own assumptions before jumping to conclusions on headline figures.

One of the things that occurs to me with a modicum of research is that overall, there does appear to potentially be a national problem with death occuring in ‘custody’, but its not necessarily a race issue. If framing it as a race issue adds impetus to having the level of deaths reviewed and improvements made, then that’s only for the good.

Failing unified national reporting standards, I’d like to see more police forces follow New York’s lead on levels of data reporting including info on all weapon discharges, combined with St Louis’ level of kerbside crime/incident data mapping.

As said elsewhere, it’s a more complicated subject than headline figures or even these more detailed ones let on.

Dominion chasing Rudy now

Interesting. Words have consequences.

However, in the lawsuit, Dominion notes that Mr Giuliani did not mention the company in any of his court filings, where he could have faced legal ramifications for making false claims.

Notably, not a single one of the three complaints signed and filed by Giuliani and other attorneys for the Trump Campaign in the Pennsylvania action contained any allegations about Dominion,” the lawsuit filed on Monday said.

That can be read as Rudy knowing it was all bullshit used to rabble rouse and he was too scared to take it to court.

The Bureau of Justice Stastics’ ‘Race And Ethnicity Of Violent Crime Offenders And Arrestees, 2018’ is about as authoritative as you are going to get (see my caveats below) and I recommend this as a starting point in place of newspaper headlines. My apologies, i provided links but Arrse thinks they're spam so wont post them.

‘Contacts Between Police and the
Public, 2018 – Statistical Tables’
again by the BJS is illuminating:

Highlights
In the prior 12 months, as of 2018, among persons age 16 or older—
About 61.5 million residents had at least one contact with police.
Twenty-four percent of residents experienced contact with police, up from 21% in 2015.
Whites (26%) were more likely than blacks (21%), Hispanics (19%), or persons of other races (20%) to experience police contact.
Tere was no statistically signifcant diference in the percentage of whites (12%) and blacks (11%) who experienced police-initiated contact.
Persons ages 18 to 24 were most likely to have any contact with police (30%) and to experience police-initiated contact (19%).
A higher percentage of blacks (4%) and Hispanics (3%) than whites (2%) or other races (2%) experienced threats or use of force.
Males (3%) were more likely than females (1%) to experience threats or use of force.
Four percent of blacks and 4% of Hispanics reported being handcufed during their most recent contact with police, compared to 2% of whites and 2% of other races.”

If you want more detail then the FBI National Crime Stats are worth looking at. Here you can see for instance that 51.2% of murders and non negligent manslaughter, 36.4% of violent crime and 41.8% of weapons carrying/possession offences are attributed to Black or African Americans (using the nomenclature from the reports).

I did see a recent report that 70%??? of Black or African Americans were victims of same, but can’t find it again to add here. When you consider how many incidents are by family, lovers (or persons known to the victim, this is entirely plausible.

A caveat I would add to any crime data from America is that, there is no standardisation in definitions or reporting across the 14,000? Police forces and law enforcement agencies. This makes it very hard for even professional researchers and analysts to gain accurate insight on a national level. Just decoding local stats can be tricky and time consuming.

This is particularly the case when researching deaths in custody. How ‘custody’ is defined or interpreted varies dramatically from force to force, and we in the UK looking at it from the outside have to drop our own assumptions before jumping to conclusions on headline figures.

One of the things that occurs to me with a modicum of research is that overall, there does appear to potentially be a national problem with death occuring in ‘custody’, but its not necessarily a race issue. If framing it as a race issue adds impetus to having the level of deaths reviewed and improvements made, then that’s only for the good.

Failing unified national reporting standards, I’d like to see more police forces follow New York’s lead on levels of data reporting including info on all weapon discharges, combined with St Louis’ level of kerbside crime/incident data mapping.

As said elsewhere, it’s a more complicated subject than headline figures or even these more detailed ones let on.

“As I said elsewhere” - you’ve only made three posts; this is one of them and the other two are nothing to do with this subject.

Notwithstanding that, there’s a difference between blacks and whites in terms of what percentage experienced threat or use of force, broadly double for blacks. This prompts me to consider why the police felt it necessary to use force, or threaten its use. I wonder what percentage of blacks and whites respectively, offered resistance, violence of threatened so to do?

Spartak1st

Old-Salt
“As I said elsewhere” - you’ve only made three posts; this is one of them and the other two are nothing to do with this subject.

Notwithstanding that, there’s a difference between blacks and whites in terms of what percentage experienced threat or use of force, broadly double for blacks. This prompts me to consider why the police felt it necessary to use force, or threaten its use. I wonder what percentage of blacks and whites respectively, offered resistance, violence of threatened so to do?
Thanks for correcting me Roadster, that was meant to read “As said elsewhere”. By all means take up any error in proof reading with my wife who’s working from home too but insists on interrupting me every couple of minutes.

You might find a study of St Louis of officer involved shootings over ten years interesting.

Race, Crime, and the Micro-Ecology
of Deadly Force by David Klinger

NYC in broad daylight.

Latest Threads