Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

Please show one instance where I've called Farage racist.

Top-notch whataboutery, though. Well done.
Yep quoted you instead of Ritch - it's easily done, when you are having about 5 conversations at the same time as texting people.

Fat POM

Old-Salt
Lazy racism again.
It isn't that "black people put themselves on harms way".
It's that harm often puts itself in their way driving a police car.

The figures you happily quote are damning, for the wrong reasons.

The black population is about 13% of the whole. Whites are about 60%.
Police kill 50% Whites. Somewhat less than the population profile.
They kill 25 % blacks, nearly double the population profile.

Blacks represents 37% of the prison population. Whites 58%.

So, the White prison population is roughly on par with the share of population.
The Black's however, are nearly three times as likely to be in jail.

That doesn't say to me that white criminals are Professor Moriatys who are harder to catch. Nor does it prove that Blacks are inherently more criminal.

It simply says that if you are black, it is statistically more likely that you will be in jail.
Which implicitly means that you will have been in contact with law enforcement more often.
Which may have some bearing on the numbers of deaths at the hands of the police.
QED.
You conveniently ignore the offending statistics but that's your choice. The whole situation is extremely complex but there can be little doubt that offending behaviour might bring you into contact with LEOs who might take action that can be extremely detrimental to your health.
Still Friday night beer o'clock, have a nice day.

Yep quoted you instead of Ritch - it's easily done, when you are having about 5 conversations at the same time as texting people.
What do these voices tell you to do? Fib about your 'service' in Afghanistan or rationalise your anti-vaxx stance? Or follow one of the biggest crooks who has ever been in public Office (apart from Putin, obvs)?

Dwarf

LE
All of that can equally be levelled at Obama and part of the problem is that it wasn't.

Obama certainly laid the economic foundation that Trump benefitted from but, on the downside, North Korea probably acquired its nuclear capability on his watch and I've yet to hear anything sensible from anybody about how to deal with a nuclear power that has China for a friend. Trump did as well with NK as could be reasonably expected - that problem can only be resolved in Beijing.

I'm not sure what abdicating as the leader of the Free World means given that large chunks of that Free World were doing energy deals with Russia, trade deals with China and failing to maintain agreed defence spending levels. Like him or loathe him, in foreign policy terms, Trump caused less proactive havoc than George W Bush, less apathetic havoc than Barry O and less general confusion than Bill Clinton.

As for near civil war, Trump is a symptom of the American malaise and, while he certainly added fuel to the fire and can comfortably claim to be the most horribly flawed and least presidential president in American history, he's not the cause of it.
I don't know that all of that could be levelled at Obama, but my tone of reply was because of the hero worship of Trump I was replying to.
Pretty much all presidents do some good and make some mistakes or things that don't turn out as they wanted.
I don't think that what Trump did was all bad, he did help jobs and focussed on bringing them back to The US rather than letting corporations leave, and I think that the First World should be thinking about that as a priority. He did also voice concerns that a certain segment of the population had and felt they weren't being listened to, and were probably right in that.

What I think he did wrong is down to his style, it's obvious he isn't a politician per se, he saw himself as more CEO USA. I can't see how Obama could have prevented Fat Boy getting the bomb, and as you say when you have China as a mate it's difficult to deal with. Trump was suckered though, and while he got some headlines it eventually came to nothing.

Abdicating as the leader of the Free World comes down to his attitude. You are correct in saying that large chunks were doing deals with Russia and China, and he was absolutely correct in saying that Europe should spend more on its own defence and not rely so much on Uncle Sam. But his attitude in showing that he really wanted to retreat to Island USA, or at least that was the appearence, and stepping back meant a lack of real leadership and leaving a sort of vacumn that is difficult to fill especially as the West has got used to US leadership. Again is that a bad thing to get Europe especially to take responsibility for their destiny? Not at all, but there are ways of doing so, and certainly I cinsider his style rather boorish in this respect.

I used civil war simply to reply to the comment about starting no wars, though again I think he was lucky in that no big crisis ocurred that required an immediate major response. But certainly he has added to the divide that is patent in America, though in a country that is so big and diverse there will always be differences. This does happen in other countries, Spain and Italy to take two examples, have their obvious and serious divides and they are smaller, so in a larger country it will be inevitable. He didn't help though by putting his ego first as oposed to trying to find a more reconciling path.

I don't know that all of that could be levelled at Obama, but my tone of reply was because of the hero worship of Trump I was replying to.
Pretty much all presidents do some good and make some mistakes or things that don't turn out as they wanted.
I don't think that what Trump did was all bad, he did help jobs and focussed on bringing them back to The US rather than letting corporations leave, and I think that the First World should be thinking about that as a priority. He did also voice concerns that a certain segment of the population had and felt they weren't being listened to, and were probably right in that.

What I think he did wrong is down to his style, it's obvious he isn't a politician per se, he saw himself as more CEO USA. I can't see how Obama could have prevented Fat Boy getting the bomb, and as you say when you have China as a mate it's difficult to deal with. Trump was suckered though, and while he got some headlines it eventually came to nothing.

Abdicating as the leader of the Free World comes down to his attitude. You are correct in saying that large chunks were doing deals with Russia and China, and he was absolutely correct in saying that Europe should spend more on its own defence and not rely so much on Uncle Sam. But his attitude in showing that he really wanted to retreat to Island USA, or at least that was the appearence, and stepping back meant a lack of real leadership and leaving a sort of vacumn that is difficult to fill especially as the West has got used to US leadership. Again is that a bad thing to get Europe especially to take responsibility for their destiny? Not at all, but there are ways of doing so, and certainly I cinsider his style rather boorish in this respect.

I used civil war simply to reply to the comment about starting no wars, though again I think he was lucky in that no big crisis ocurred that required an immediate major response. But certainly he has added to the divide that is patent in America, though in a country that is so big and diverse there will always be differences. This does happen in other countries, Spain and Italy to take two examples, have their obvious and serious divides and they are smaller, so in a larger country it will be inevitable. He didn't help though by putting his ego first as oposed to trying to find a more reconciling path.
You think he was lucky? Really? The fact there was no vaccination plan is more than enough to show how utterly incompetent and completely unfit to hold any kind of public office he is. Luck doesn't come into it.

She's fcking mental.

washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/01/22/marjorie-taylor-greene-parkland-sandyhook/

And yet she still got enough support from her constituents to get elected in the first place......

Nice bit of dog whistle racism.
It has long been recognised that a main driver of crime is not that it is young men that commit crime, but that poverty and inequality drives crime. People who live in stockbroker belts don't commit street crime.

To put it bluntly, in areas where there are very few ethnic minorities, you still get crime, committed by young men, because they have no money.

What you don't get, by and large, is white petty criminals dying in custody.

In areas where there are large minorities, that often reflects poverty and inequality, because they can't afford to live anywhere better.

So, brown people commit crimes where they live. Mostly against other brown people. If you factor in the apartheid levels of inequality in America, you can see why their police appear as a public health hazard if you are brown.

I won't give you a dumb.
Because you aren't. You are just lazily racist.
You forgot the cultural aspect - poor white criminals may not get into an argument with police when confronted or arested. Poor brown criminals do, leading to an escalation and the use of firearms. Do poor white criminals and poor black criminals have a different respect for the police?

And by "brown" are you lumping afro-carribean, latino and asian into one ethnic group?

And yet she still got enough support from her constituents to get elected in the first place......

Says rather a lot about the state of the public education system, and the dangerous threat of unhinged lunacy on social media like QAnon warping people's minds, doesn't it.

As has been said and demonstrated many, many times on other threads the numbers of “brown” people killed by the police pales into insignificance when compared with the number of ”brown” people killed by other “brown” people. That’s why you got the dumb.

Also your lately added research document makes absolutely no mention nor takes account of the level of criminality of different ethnic groups. If an ethnic group has a much greater level of interaction with armed police there is a likelihood they will suffer greater deaths in those interactions. The simple way to avoid being killed by the police is to avoid interacting with the police and to be respectful and compliant in the event you do. That is the big problem with African American male interaction with police.
Are not some of the police 'brown'* themselves, or is it just that white police are the problem.

* Is brown the new black?

23A66595-B145-4A2F-ABE1-F31EF5CEC9DB.jpg

Are not some of the police 'brown'* themselves, or is it just that white police are the problem.

* Is brown the new black?
Yep. I was just replying in the same manner as the poster I was replying to. I think he was grouping all into one group. Like BAME I suppose.

Many of the police, Mayors and much of the administration of the communities where many of these people die share the same ethnicity as them. I suppose they are racist too, at least according to HectortheInspector.

Dwarf

LE
You think he was lucky? Really? The fact there was no vaccination plan is more than enough to show how utterly incompetent and completely unfit to hold any kind of public office he is. Luck doesn't come into it.
I don't think he should ever have been president. My comment about CEO USA was a sort of shorthand. (My posts can be far too long as it is. But that's my training)

I think he did some things right. But more others not and on the big crisis total fail.
He took a stance and his ego refused to allow him to admit he was wrong and rectify. That cost lives of his countrymen.
That's not simply incompetence, it's wilful denial. He isn't equipped to face serious crises either mentally or emotionally.

He was lucky that he didn't have a Kuwaiti style crisis to deal with, as in Desert Storm. In fact the whole world is lucky he didn't.

Says rather a lot about the state of the public education system, and the dangerous threat of unhinged lunacy on social media like QAnon warping people's minds, doesn't it.
Are you suggesting that a more educated and intelligent voter would not have selected her to represent them? Sounds a bit elitist to me....

Latest Threads