The Trump Presidency...

The small minority IN America that commits a massively disproportionate amount of homicide and violent crime against brown people ARE involved in police shootings.
They are the police.

Edit- I seem to have some acquired some "Dumbs".
Here are some numbers.
As has been said and demonstrated many, many times on other threads the numbers of “brown” people killed by the police pales into insignificance when compared with the number of ”brown” people killed by other “brown” people. That’s why you got the dumb.

Also your lately added research document makes absolutely no mention nor takes account of the level of criminality of different ethnic groups. If an ethnic group has a much greater level of interaction with armed police there is a likelihood they will suffer greater deaths in those interactions. The simple way to avoid being killed by the police is to avoid interacting with the police and to be respectful and compliant in the event you do. That is the big problem with African American male interaction with police.

The stupidity of these people is breath-taking.

'The US Capitol Police are investigating after a Republican politician was stopped from bringing his concealed gun onto the House floor on Thursday.

'Metal detectors were installed in the US Capitol after the January 6 riot, that left five people dead.
Republican Andy Harris, of Maryland, was searched after he set off the metal detector on Thursday, with officers finding a gun on his side.

'Speaking to CNN, a Capitol official said Mr Harris was sent away.

'However as he was told to leave, Mr Harris turned to fellow Republican John Katko, of New York, and asked him to hold his weapon.

'According to reports, Mr Katko refused to hold the gun, telling Mr Harris he did not have a licence.
Mr Harris left, returning to the House floor moments later without setting off the metal detector and without his weapon.

'Firearms are banned from Congress except for members, who are granted certain exemptions under a 1967 regulation from the Capitol Police Board.

'Members of Congress are able to carry firearms in the halls of Congress and on Capitol grounds as long as they have Washington licenses and they carry ammunition separately, a source told CNN.

'However, politicians are banned from carrying any type of firearm onto the House floor.'

Joe Biden in the White House: 'Reckless' Republican caught with a gun (news.com.au)
Capitol police not having a good day.

Fr SpodoKomodo

Old-Salt

She's fcking mental.

washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/01/22/marjorie-taylor-greene-parkland-sandyhook/

As has been said and demonstrated many, many times on other threads the numbers of “brown” people killed by the police pales into insignificance when compared with the number of ”brown” people killed by other “brown” people. That’s why you got the dumb.

Also your lately added research document makes absolutely no mention nor takes account of the level of criminality of different ethnic groups. If an ethnic group has a much greater level of interaction with armed police there is a likelihood they will suffer greater deaths in those interactions. The simple way to avoid being killed by the police is to avoid interacting with the police and to be respectful and compliant in the event you do. That is the big problem with African American male interaction with police.

Nice bit of dog whistle racism.
It has long been recognised that a main driver of crime is not that it is young men that commit crime, but that poverty and inequality drives crime. People who live in stockbroker belts don't commit street crime.

To put it bluntly, in areas where there are very few ethnic minorities, you still get crime, committed by young men, because they have no money.

What you don't get, by and large, is white petty criminals dying in custody.

In areas where there are large minorities, that often reflects poverty and inequality, because they can't afford to live anywhere better.

So, brown people commit crimes where they live. Mostly against other brown people. If you factor in the apartheid levels of inequality in America, you can see why their police appear as a public health hazard if you are brown.

I won't give you a dumb.
Because you aren't. You are just lazily racist.

It is a strange but immutable law of Arrse that any attempt to criticise the spelling, punctuation or grammar of another poster will itself be horribly flawed.

It is an immutable law of the Internet, not just our little corner of it.

It even has a name: Muphry's Law.

Muphry's law is an adage that states: "If you write anything criticizing editing or proofreading, there will be a fault of some kind in what you have written".

It has plenty of other names as well: Muphry's law - Wikipedia.

We have a friend, her husband died last week. He tested positive for Covid on the Monday. Died Wednesday. He was suffering from several conditions.
Death on the certificate - Covid 19.

A friend had a colleague die yesterday. Massively obese, hypertension, lived on KFC and wouldn't see a doc because he was convinced his ex wife had bewitched him. Fell over last weekend and gone by Thursday. Tested positive for C19 so I'll leave you to guess what is being pushed as the cause of his demise, despite his heart pretty much exploding trying to pump all that gravy around his plumbing...

When is this thread going to locked?
The God Emperor (for life) of the USA has been voted out and handed his house keys back to the letting agent. He ain't the POTUS anymore.
He is an ex President.

There is no reason to lock this thread (apart from the fact that it appears to be a shitweasel magnet for interwebz dribblers, assorted nutjobs and moonhowlers).

Trumpy Bear (Unemployed) is the gift that keeps on giving.

There are years of fun to be had from his post-office shenanigans (or at least until he strokes out from a diet of hamburgers and KFC).

The OP/Mods could add "- The Decline And Fall" to the end of the title.

It has long been recognised that a main driver of crime is not that it is young men that commit crime, but that poverty and inequality drives crime. People who live in stockbroker belts don't commit street crime.

To put it bluntly, in areas where there are very few ethnic minorities, you still get crime, committed by young men, because they have no money.

In areas where there are large minorities, that often reflects poverty and inequality, because they can't afford to live anywhere better.

So, brown people commit crimes where they live. Mostly against other brown people. If you factor in the apartheid levels of inequality in America, you can see why their police appear as a public health hazard if you are brown.

I won't give you a dumb.
Just stop it. It is not racism to point out that one group of people commits more crime against their own group than any other. Nor is it racist to point out that one group of people is far far more likely to violently resist arrest than any other. Nor that that is a reason they are more likely to be killed in an interaction with police.

I will give you a dumb. Because every time someone like you calls someone racist for pointing out that the facts show that the police kill very few brown people compared to other brown people you devalue the word racist. You and your lazy tropes make it easier for real racists to hide. I am sick and tired of idiots like you getting away with shutting down debate with talk of dog whistles and accusations of racism.

There may be many reasons why crime is so high in brown areas. They need sorted. You are not going to help by calling anyone who raises some of the less palatable reasons racist.

You may think you are a wonderful person and have many answers but frankly you and people like you are a big part of the problem.

Fat POM

Old-Salt

I won't give you a dumb.
At the time of the passing of the late , much lamented George Floyd, I jotted down some notes from an article, in The Times,* I believe. The figures are for the US and are for 2018 as I recall.
Of all the people killed by the police 25% were black, 50% were white with the remainder latino, Asian etc.
Black people make up 13 % of the US population but commit 39% of the murders and 54% of the robberies.

In 2018 for every black person killed by a white person there were eleven black people killed by other black people.

Seems that some black people put themselves in harms way. I also do not accept that because you are poor it's okay to commit crime

* Figures probably still available on website if anyone wants to verify, probably behind paywall.

When is this thread going to locked?
The God Emperor (for life) of the USA has been voted out and handed his house keys back to the letting agent. He ain't the POTUS anymore.
He is an ex President.
Look at the thread title.
Clue: its not President Trump...

At the time of the passing of the late , much lamented George Floyd, I jotted down some notes from an article, in The Times,* I believe. The figures are for the US and are for 2018 as I recall.
Of all the people killed by the police 25% were black, 50% were white with the remainder latino, Asian etc.
Black people make up 13 % of the US population but commit 39% of the murders and 54% of the robberies.

In 2018 for every black person killed by a white person there were eleven black people killed by other black people.

Seems that some black people put themselves in harms way. I also do not accept that because you are poor it's okay to commit crime

* Figures probably still available on website if anyone wants to verify, probably behind paywall.

Lazy racism again.
It isn't that "black people put themselves on harms way".
It's that harm often puts itself in their way driving a police car.

The figures you happily quote are damning, for the wrong reasons.

The black population is about 13% of the whole. Whites are about 60%.
Police kill 50% Whites. Somewhat less than the population profile.
They kill 25 % blacks, nearly double the population profile.

Blacks represents 37% of the prison population. Whites 58%.

So, the White prison population is roughly on par with the share of population.
The Black's however, are nearly three times as likely to be in jail.

That doesn't say to me that white criminals are Professor Moriatys who are harder to catch. Nor does it prove that Blacks are inherently more criminal.

It simply says that if you are black, it is statistically more likely that you will be in jail.
Which implicitly means that you will have been in contact with law enforcement more often.
Which may have some bearing on the numbers of deaths at the hands of the police.
QED.

It was some time ago and assume it still is, that MPs were entitled to a salute on meeting them. There were tales of a number of regts paying Jerry complements when they met him in WBelfast because it would wind him up.
Didn't like it being made obvious he was, (and doubtless still is), a tout eh?

Lazy racism again.
It isn't that "black people put themselves on harms way".
It's that harm often puts itself in their way driving a police car.

The figures you happily quote are damning, for the wrong reasons.

The black population is about 13% of the whole. Whites are about 60%.
Police kill 50% Whites. Somewhat less than the population profile.
They kill 25 % blacks, nearly double the population profile.

Blacks represents 37% of the prison population. Whites 58%.

So, the White prison population is roughly on par with the share of population.
The Black's however, are nearly three times as likely to be in jail.

That doesn't say to me that white criminals are Professor Moriatys who are harder to catch. Nor does it prove that Blacks are inherently more criminal.

It simply says that if you are black, it is statistically more likely that you will be in jail.
Which implicitly means that you will have been in contact with law enforcement more often.
Which may have some bearing on the numbers of deaths at the hands of the police.
QED.
Then maybe try not to break the law. That does help out in considerable fashion.

Check out 5:38 (No, it's not her!)

Then maybe try not to break the law. That does help out in considerable fashion.
Indeed.
I seem to recall that you were all in favour of armed insurrection a few days ago.
Try looking up "treason" and "rebellion" in your dictionary, and explain to me why all those law breaking white crackers aren't in jail.
Or dead.

explain to me why all those law breaking white crackers aren't in jail.

You harp on about racism and then come out with that and expect to be taken seriously. Away and give your head a shake.

Latest Threads