Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Emongmong sock. You should made paid more attention when they were talking about the proper use of commas in your ESL lessons, Mikhail.

It is a strange but immutable law of Arrse that any attempt to criticise the spelling, punctuation or grammar of another poster will itself be horribly flawed.

offog

LE
This.

For any spacker to try to belittle someone for this is just childishness following the usual partisan political bullshit trail. Give your head a wobble.
if you've served, you KNOW we salute the rank not the wearer. Same thing here & unless told beforehand I'd have stood for Ministers if they entered the room.
It was some time ago and assume it still is, that MPs were entitled to a salute on meeting them. There were tales of a number of regts paying Jerry complements when they met him in WBelfast because it would wind him up.

It is a strange but immutable law of Arrse that any attempt to criticise the spelling, punctuation or grammar of another poster will itself be horribly flawed.

Fair, mongery on my part. The point stands. He's a very odd little индивидуальный.

apart from when it is:

Probably because case fatality rate refers to those people who contract it and then subsequently die, vice the number of people per hundred thousand who die which isn't linked as a specific statistic, albeit contextually dependent on other factors.
We have a friend, her husband died last week. He tested positive for Covid on the Monday. Died Wednesday. He was suffering from several conditions.
Death on the certificate - Covid 19.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
This.

For any spacker to try to belittle someone for this is just childishness following the usual partisan political bullshit trail. Give your head a wobble.
if you've served, you KNOW we salute the rank not the wearer. Same thing here & unless told beforehand I'd have stood for Ministers if they entered the room.

The military's the military and is very odd. Even then, the compliment is paid at the start of the working day and then everyone just gets on with it - or at least they did in the bits of the Army I worked in.

Personally, I'm polite to politicians but I would consider it odd to be made to be require to formally stand up in the presence of one as part of the day to day, at least in a democratic set-up, and particularly if I was working. It's very Desmond Morris and smacks of insecurity.

There's also the interesting questing as to whether, however gallant, it's still appropriate to stand up for a female in the modern work environment.

When is this thread going to locked?
The God Emperor (for life) of the USA has been voted out and handed his house keys back to the letting agent. He ain't the POTUS anymore.
He is an ex President.

ches

LE
The military's the military and is very odd. Even then, the compliment is paid at the start of the working day and then everyone just gets on with it - or at least they did in the bits of the Army I worked in.

Personally, I'm polite to politicians but I would consider it odd to be made to be require to formally stand up in the presence of one as part of the day to day, at least in a democratic set-up, and particularly if I was working. It's very Desmond Morris and smacks of insecurity.

There's also the interesting questing as to whether, however gallant, it's still appropriate to stand up for a female in the modern work environment.

I'm not saying that ppl should stand each time the same Minister (not any politician) enters a room, but the first time of introduction or at a formal meeting/function when they enter the room. Its respect for the position.

Agree on the last point, appropriate to stand when a female enters the room, never & not for a long long time. Too risky from an HR pov these days for a start.

We have a friend, her husband died last week. He tested positive for Covid on the Monday. Died Wednesday. He was suffering from several conditions.
Thats the only item?

EDIT My Dad had more contributory factors listed than you could count on one hand.

Respect for the Office, if not for the officer.
Also good manners for a gentleman to stand when a lady enters the room.
It's 2021 - equal rights for woman and treat them the same way as men. Do women stand up when a man walks into the room - no they don't, and why should they. You seem to be stuck in the 19th centaury with your 'gentlemen manners', do you also open the door for women and put your waist coat over puddles?
Women have bleated on about equal rights for years - and now I treat them the exact way I would treat a man.

Respect for the Office, that's an Army thing. I don't respect any politicians unless they have done something worthy of respect. So far Biden has shown to be corrupt and I can't stand Harris - I have zero respect for any of them and I certainly wouldn't stand up for them, I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

When is this thread going to locked?
The God Emperor (for life) of the USA has been voted out and handed his house keys back to the letting agent. He ain't the POTUS anymore.
He is an ex President.
....if there are going to be more shenanigans and a trial (oh please, just to watch BBC wetting itself) and any more mileage can we change the title to the the Trump ex-presidency ...

It's 2021 - equal rights for woman and treat them the same way as men. Do women stand up when a man walks into the room - no they don't, and why should they. You seem to be stuck in the 19th centaury with your 'gentlemen manners', do you also open the door for women and put your waist coat over puddles?
Women have bleated on about equal rights for years - and now I treat them the exact way I would treat a man.

Respect for the Office, that's an Army thing. I don't respect any politicians unless they have done something worthy of respect. So far Biden has shown to be corrupt and I can't stand Harris - I have zero respect for any of them and I certainly wouldn't stand up for them, I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.
In business, as in both Government and the Services, when new clients enter a meeting room, we would all stand up and introduce ourselves, shaking hands (pre Covid). @mrdude just strikes me as a rude, arrogant individual who sits there in the corner, clutching himself with his arms, fuming at assumed slights, whereas everyone else thinks he's a silly, grumpy, friendless old fool (which is an opinion, and most probably a fact) blathering on about what he did in Afghanistan and how he thinks Trump is still POTUS, how Covid-19 is a scam, etc etc...

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
A Boeing 747 Max could land on your napper, but if you've had a positive Covid test within 28 days, guess what? It goes down as a Covid death.

A virus - that came from China that's killed people can easily be blamed on China.....and nobody else.

However you seem to forget that the Dems wanted to keep the borders open, when Trump was closing them - but you are pretty loose with the facts so I don't expect you to acknowledge anything I type, so the reality is I would be wasting my time.

I know that under the Trump administrating we now have a vaccine that was developed at break neck speed and many people have already received it. Also I don't expect you to give the Republicans any credit for this as it doesn't fit your lefty hatred of Trump point of view.

I deal in facts, you deal in hate......that's all!
I dont think any vaccines were developed under Trump. Certainly not the earliest ones which were developed in Europe.

ches

LE

Again, missing the point. It doesn't matter what part of the political spectrum the holder of the office is from, standing for the office & what it represents is respectful. Its also good manners esp when meeting anyone for the first time. Taking the above attitude is childish & totally unprofessional.

In business, as in both Government and the Services, when new clients enter a meeting room, we would all stand up and introduce ourselves, shaking hands (pre Coivd). @mrdude just strikes me as a rude, arrogant individual who sits there in the corner, clutching himself with his arms, fuming at assumed slights. And everyone else thinks he's a silly, grumpy old fool.

Been so long I've been in a meeting with clients thanks to COVID i'd forgotten! Yeah agree. Always stand to greet a Client or a new contact. Thats just good manners

Hahaha you really have been brainwashed by the MSM and social networking sites - comparing Trump to people that were responsible for systematically murdering millions of people and starting wars....good one. Trump started zero wars and was nominated for the Noble peace prize 3 times, unlike Obama that did bugger all but got it 'cos he was black'. The deaths of thousands of people can be be attributed to the war mongers - such as the last few democrat governments.
Who did Trump murder - nobody, but he did help defeat ISIS and sanctioned missions to kill a few high profile terrorists.
Does Matron know you’re out of bed again?

Again, missing the point. It doesn't matter what part of the political spectrum the holder of the office is from, standing for the office & what it represents is respectful. Its also good manners esp when meeting anyone for the first time. Taking the above attitude is childish & totally unprofessional.
I'll have you know that I do stand up and act professionally when I need to, however when someone tries to force you - like Harris is, in a civilian environment in an office job - I would tell her to get fooked and seek alternative employment. She's a twat and a power crazed megalomaniac.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'll have you know that I do stand up and act professionally when I need to, however when someone tries to force you - like Harris is, in a civilian environment in an office job - I would tell her to get fooked and seek alternative employment. She's a twat and a power crazed megalomaniac.
Of course you would Aldridge

The stupidity of these people, supposedly intelligent enough to represent the political interests of their constituents, is breath-taking.

'The US Capitol Police are investigating after a Republican politician was stopped from bringing his concealed gun onto the House floor on Thursday.

'Metal detectors were installed in the US Capitol after the January 6 riot, that left five people dead.
Republican Andy Harris, of Maryland, was searched after he set off the metal detector on Thursday, with officers finding a gun on his side.

'Speaking to CNN, a Capitol official said Mr Harris was sent away.

'However as he was told to leave, Mr Harris turned to fellow Republican John Katko, of New York, and asked him to hold his weapon.

'According to reports, Mr Katko refused to hold the gun, telling Mr Harris he did not have a licence.
Mr Harris left, returning to the House floor moments later without setting off the metal detector and without his weapon.

'Firearms are banned from Congress except for members, who are granted certain exemptions under a 1967 regulation from the Capitol Police Board.

'Members of Congress are able to carry firearms in the halls of Congress and on Capitol grounds as long as they have Washington licenses and they carry ammunition separately, a source told CNN.

'However, politicians are banned from carrying any type of firearm onto the House floor.'

Joe Biden in the White House: 'Reckless' Republican caught with a gun (news.com.au)

Latest Threads