Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

I read elsewhere a quote from the Wall Street Journal that Donald is thinking of starting a new party, The Patriot Party.
There's the focus.
It would also split the Republican vote virtually guaranteeing a Democrat victory, not that it would bother him as long as he can continue in his own dimension.
I don't think you want the GOP to split, that sounds like a recipe that would put the Union in peril.

Mattb

LE
I read elsewhere a quote from the Wall Street Journal that Donald is thinking of starting a new party, The Patriot Party.
There's the focus.
It would also split the Republican vote virtually guaranteeing a Democrat victory, not that it would bother him as long as he can continue in his own dimension.
Doubt it’ll make much difference, probably a small cabal of die-hard MAGA-mongs who will still end up voting Republican in the presidential elections anyway.

Dwarf

LE
Doubt it’ll make much difference, probably a small cabal of die-hard MAGA-mongs who will still end up voting Republican in the presidential elections anyway.
Sanders made a difference IIRC. This could easily be the same if the Donald faithful stay true to their leader-messiah.

Dwarf

LE
I don't think you want the GOP to split, that sounds like a recipe that would put the Union in peril.
Weakening the Republicans wouldn't necessarily imperill the Union. To do so would need a territorial cohesion where the 'dissidents ' are. Such as happened with the Confederate Secession when a chunk of territory agreed to the split with the North.
I understand that a lot of the Donald Faithful come from the old Confederacy, but he has a large number spread all over.
I can't see a territorial dispute breaking the Union. However I can under certain circumstances, see widespread disputes where some areas are firmly pro-Trump which could lead to areas not amenable to Central Government control.

I have an idea, based on Uncle Joe's speech earlier today, that he may wait to see if the Senate convict. Its a possibility given the statements made by McConnell recently. Those suggest that the House republicans are happy to see the back of the big man. Biden would then pardon him as an apparent display of compassion and unity, but it may be a move intended to destabilize the Republican party's attempts to regroup and move forward. I could easily be completely wrong, in which case it will never be mentioned again.........but think of the bragging rights if it happens. :cool:

The question being asked was "who do we have to vote for to get rid of Trump?"

Neither of you are correct.

The question being asked was:

”Vote for one candidate only.

President of the United States

Donald J Trump (Republican Party)

Joseph R Biden (Democratic Party)

(Another 15 no hopers)”.

It was that simple.

Weakening the Republicans wouldn't necessarily imperill the Union. To do so would need a territorial cohesion where the 'dissidents ' are. Such as happened with the Confederate Secession when a chunk of territory agreed to the split with the North.
I understand that a lot of the Donald Faithful come from the old Confederacy, but he has a large number spread all over.
I can't see a territorial dispute breaking the Union. However I can under certain circumstances, see widespread disputes where some areas are firmly pro-Trump which could lead to areas not amenable to Central Government control.
Have you seen a political map of the US? The territory is quite available. Having a new party form, that hates the Democrats would just lead to a serious problem over time. Let’s try not to open Pandora’s box and keep it at two parties that have their own checks.

Neither of you are correct.

The question being asked was:

”Vote for one candidate only.

President of the United States

Donald J Trump (Republican Party)

Joseph R Biden (Democratic Party)

(Another 15 no hopers)”.

It was that simple.
I posted a poll last autumn before the election that asked people who they intended to vote for and why. Overwhelmingly, people intending to vote for Biden said they were going to do so in order to get rid of Trump.

I posted a poll last autumn before the election that asked people who they intended to vote for and why. Overwhelmingly, people intending to vote for Biden said they were going to do so in order to get rid of Trump.

Can you give a link? At a guess, there’s less than 10 of us that post regularly that actually have a vote.

Were they Americans?

seems fair enough to me
Course it is, after all he is the one with potential.
The other guy chickened out at 400,00
And what about the black masks - couldn't be Zorro
And the guys with peaked caps and swords - hardly masons with a 'Taig' in the house.
And the storm troopers in DPM
And the size of the bible...............woah!

Fair enough? Bloody lunacy, the establishment boys are back in town.......that's all it is.

Can you give a link? At a guess, there’s less than 10 of us that post regularly that actually have a vote.
Here's where I posted the poll about why people voted for Biden.

Looking at the numbers now, admittedly the proportion of Biden supporters who said that the main reason they supported him was that he was not Trump may not be "overwhelming" at 56%. However it is the number one reason given, and the next highest reason was well behind at 19% (leadership).

For Trump supporters, "he is not Biden" was in third place at 19% as a reason for voting for Trump.

My opinion is that this shows that Biden supporters were motivated mainly by their opposition to Trump.

PP_2020.08.13_voter-attitudes_0-04.png

Trump's supporters said that their biggest concern with him was that he was "temperamental/rude/narcissistic". That's his supporters saying that.

PP_2020.08.13_voter-attitudes_2-05.png

37% of Trump supporters said they would be angry if Biden won, but 61% Biden supporters said they would be angry if Trump won.

PP_2020.08.13_voter-attitudes_1-05.png

I've just picked a few points out of that post, which in turn picked a few out of the actual poll. It's worth reading more I would suggest. See the link above.

BigT

LE
Have you seen a political map of the US? The territory is quite available. Having a new party form, that hates the Democrats would just lead to a serious problem over time. Let’s try not to open Pandora’s box and keep it at two parties that have their own checks.

If Trump is really going to establish a Patriot Party which will split the traditional Republican vote and make both unelectable in the foreseeable future the only real option for current GOP Congressmen is to nip it in the bud, bite the bullet and vote to impeach leaving Trump without the ability to run for office in the future. I dare say there's a lot of GOP law makers who are crossing their fingers and hoping that the SDNY and the Trump appointee reveal al book deals will do the heavy lifting for them without alienating his base but I wouldn't count on it.

Latest Threads