Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I'll give you your point of expertise, weapons grade wibble. You're actually paid to twist the truth after all.

Nobody attempted to overturn the referendum result by illegal means. That's it. If you're not up for normal parliamentary process then I can't help you. Again.

Irrelevant. Remain refused to accept the result and attempted to overturn the referendum with some very questionable tactics; the Supreme Court, the Speaker, elements of Parliament and parts of the Civil Service were all compromised. Further, the legitimacy of the vote was questioned by some Remainers up until the 2019 GE.

One either accepts legitimate voting outcomes or one doesn't. Living in Islington doesn't endow a higher moral tone to a refusal to accept a legitimate democratic outcome than living in Appalachia.

Whether a mob constitutes a greater threat to the state than the systematic subversion of key institutions is for another thread but both activities stem from a fundamental refusal to accept a legitimate democratic outcome.

Whatever the choices made afterwards; rioting or lawfare, objectively, you, Bubba and the orange bloke are all in the wrong for your obstinate and unjustifiable refusal to accept the original democratic outcome. Have a banjo.

It's not about contesting the election, it's about him lying about fraud and trying to call the entire process into disrepute. Asking for a recount if the numbers are close enough is fine. Trump attempted to discredit the entire election process before it even started.
Peaceful transfer of power - was already damaged, when the DNC/FBI ran a campaign against Trump, that culminated in the removal of Flynn.
Office of the president - was undermined by the media willingness to entertain every negative story linked to the President and that turned into a daily ritual hit piece.
Political Process - two impeachments and the long litany of pointless effort to broadcast virtue and rather reminded me of the labour party backbenchers in the 80s cheering on the argentines.
Electoral Process - Was already undermined, when the democrat friendly courts started changing the law illegally and without legislative approval and used covid as a shield to force through universal suffrage for absentee ballots.

On the fraud itself; I don't think anyone really knows the answer. So in absence of evidence from inside the tent that the absentee ballot had extra checks, the call to close ranks and patriotism has been the primary call and merely undermines the process, that much more.

In Summary:-
Yes, its over for now.. But the damage done has licenced 'the ends justify the means'.

As you've just shown, the EU/Democrat world view and policy approach are far more aligned - it's quite an ideological feat to be pro one and not the other.

Only in your rather bizarre, 'opposites attract' take on the world.

Libertarian AND far right at the same time? That is some political trick.

That opinion relies very much on how you understand the term 'libertarian': it's not the same as 'liberal'., but is very aligned with MAGA.

'A fierce advocate for his father's platform, Donald Trump Jr's supporters say he can electrify a room while his detractors accuse him of pouring petrol on the flames.

'His presentations are laced with full-throated attacks on liberals, Hunter Biden - Joe Biden's son - and on the media (that's when the crowd roars).

'Firebrand speaker, sportsman and big-game hunter, Mr Trump is doing everything he can to help his father win re-election. The Republican strategy has focused on energising the president's base of supporters, and they see the younger Mr Trump as their ace in the hole.'

Donald Trump Jr: The son who is Trumpier than Trump - BBC News

Peaceful transfer of power - was already damaged, when the DNC/FBI ran a campaign against Trump, that culminated in the removal of Flynn.
Office of the president - was undermined by the media willingness to entertain every negative story linked to the President and that turned into a daily ritual hit piece.
Political Process - two impeachments and the long litany of pointless effort to broadcast virtue and rather reminded me of the labour party backbenchers in the 80s cheering on the argentines.
Electoral Process - Was already undermined, when the democrat friendly courts started changing the law illegally and without legislative approval and used covid as a shield to force through universal suffrage for absentee ballots.

On the fraud itself; I don't think anyone really knows the answer. So in absence of evidence from inside the tent that the absentee ballot had extra checks, the call to close ranks and patriotism has been the primary call and merely undermines the process, that much more.

Yes, its over for now.. But the damage done has licenced 'the ends justify the means'.
So, the FBI investigated Flynn. (Weird. Policemen investigate suspected criminals.) He was so not guilty, he pleaded guilty.
Hmm.

The Office of the President was mostly undermined by the holder of the office, the President. The daily ritual of reporting his demonstrable lies, incompetence, corruption, negligence, and incapacity weren't hit pieces. They were clearly true.

Political process. Two impeachments (shouldn't have needed the second if the Republicans had a spine). Both justified.

On the fraud. Everyone knows the answer. There wasn't any.

In summary the treacherous, bungling Russian cats paw is toast.

Would those be STEM degrees that are being offered or things like women’s studies?

One of my son’s who is now in his late twenties has a degree in music technology. He has a very well paid job as the regional sales manager for the whole south east region of the UK with an international tyre company.

The best army officer and platoon commander that I ever served under has a degree in history. He went on to become a Major General before he eventually retired many years later after a very successful army career.

I have a niece who has a degree in law. She works for a church organisation in a non law related field.

You seem to not really know that having degree level education isn’t just about what the degree is. It is also very much about the level of education that you have.

They aren’t just a vocation. They also open doors to all kinds of opportunities!

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Only in your rather bizarre, 'opposites attract' take on the world.

Actually based on over two decades of working with those respective organisations and observing their considerable commonality of outlook first hand - a Democrat staffer would generally fit into the Commission and vice versa with relative ease. I doubt the same could be said about a Republican.

The areas of contention are generally foreign policy, where Americans of any political hue are considered to be overly nationalistic by their European counterparts, and trade because that's a competitive area. Other than that, it's generally a big state, Davos-style consensus. One of the first things you're going to see with Biden is a re-alignment with Europe on climate change policy.

I’m not a great contributor to this thread but I was struck by a terrible realisation this morning.

Everything Trump has said or done during his four year term he has done when he has been stone cold fücking sober...
In Trumpland "sober" is spelt "insane".
The alternative (fact) Trumpland spelling is "corrupt".

One of my son’s who is now in his late twenties has a degree in music technology. He has a very well paid job as the regional sales manager for the whole south east region of the UK with an international tyre company.

The best army officer and platoon commander that I ever served under has a degree in history. He went on to become a Major General before he eventually retired many years later after a very successful army career.

I have a niece who has a degree in law. She works for a church organisation in a non law related field.

You seem to not really know that having degree level education isn’t just about what the degree is. It is also very much about the level of education that you have.

They aren’t just a vocation. They also open doors to all kinds of opportunities!
I was chatting to a recent graduate (politics, philosophy and economics) the other day when he suddenly asked me “do you want fries with that?”

now they've entered into an enthusiastic retribution phase, with loud and strident calls to censor/silence any political dissent and Biden is allegedly planning to rescind most of Trumps exec orders on day 1 eg Paris climate accord, Iran deal, border wall and open border immigration, oil pipelines, fracking etc.

I thought the best thing this week was the calls from a Dems senator on CNN for 'white male' NG to be vetted before they were allowed to attend Bidens martial law inauguration - 27,000 troops in the capital and the democrats are terrified that the 'white male' troops will launch a military coup!

It appears that the man who supposedly received 12 million votes more than the god that was Obama isn't very sure of his 'popular' support in the country and the militarys opinion of him - it goes without saying that the senior mil brass caved into the vetting without a murmur to their Dems overlords

Irrelevant. Remain refused to accept the result and attempted to overturn the referendum with some very questionable tactics; the Supreme Court, the Speaker, elements of Parliament and parts of the Civil Service were all compromised. Further, the legitimacy of the vote was questioned by some Remainers up until the 2019 GE.

One either accepts legitimate voting outcomes or one doesn't. Living in Islington doesn't endow a higher moral tone to a refusal to accept a legitimate democratic outcome than living in Appalachia.

Whether a mob constitutes a greater threat to the state than the systematic subversion of key institutions is for another thread but both activities stem from a fundamental refusal to accept a legitimate democratic outcome.

Whatever the choices made afterwards; rioting or lawfare, objectively, you, Bubba and the orange bloke are all in the wrong for your obstinate and unjustifiable refusal to accept the original democratic outcome. Have a banjo.
Gosh, I can't believe nobody has started any threads about Brexit so that misinformed people can whine about other people not wanting to leave.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Gosh, I can't believe nobody has started any threads about Brexit so that misinformed people can whine about other people not wanting to leave.

The subject under question is the refusal to accept legitimate democratic process and the implications for our politics.

That opinion relies very much on how you understand the term 'libertarian': it's not the same as 'liberal'., but is very aligned with MAGA.

'A fierce advocate for his father's platform, Donald Trump Jr's supporters say he can electrify a room while his detractors accuse him of pouring petrol on the flames.

'His presentations are laced with full-throated attacks on liberals, Hunter Biden - Joe Biden's son - and on the media (that's when the crowd roars).

'Firebrand speaker, sportsman and big-game hunter, Mr Trump is doing everything he can to help his father win re-election. The Republican strategy has focused on energising the president's base of supporters, and they see the younger Mr Trump as their ace in the hole.'

Donald Trump Jr: The son who is Trumpier than Trump - BBC News

My understanding is that Libertarians believe in small government, don't like government interference in private lives or business, massive civil liberties advocates, and strongly believe in individual responsibility.

That does not really link into far right beliefs?

Individualism Vs Authoritarianism?

Lumping libertarianism with the far right sounds like political word salad.

So what's your opinion on the occupation of the Capitol? Who was behind that attack?
It wasn't an attack, that was the MSN trying to make a few minor outbursts seem to be a bigger deal than they were. If you want to look at attacks - look at all the Antifa riots and BLM riots of last year. If you look at the actual things that were damaged during the capitol march, there were maybe a few broken windows at most and bit of spray painting - and off course an over zealous police man shot an ex forces demonstrator. Once again the MSM making a mountain out of a mole hill - for political gains.

The subject under question is the refusal to accept legitimate democratic process and the implications for our politics.
Ah, yes all the Remain voters issuing dozens of Court cases, storming Parliament and stating the vote was actually in favour of staying.

You do like trying to change the actual subject under discussion, don't you?
FB_IMG_1610553436502.jpg

My understanding is that Libertarians believe in small government, don't like government interference in private lives or business, massive civil liberties advocates, and strongly believe in individual responsibility.

That does not really link into far right beliefs?

Individualism Vs Authoritarianism?

Lumping libertarianism with the far right sounds like political word salad.

You can have wings with that salad (not chicken wings though).

'It is popular to label libertarianism as a right-wing doctrine. But this is mistaken. For one, on social (rather than economic) issues, libertarianism implies what are commonly considered left-wing views. And second, there is a subset of so-called “left-libertarian” theories. While all libertarians endorse similar rights over the person, left-libertarians differ from other libertarians with respect to how much people can appropriate in terms of unowned natural resources (land, air, water, minerals, etc.).'

Libertarianism (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

That was Brexit for four years

Latest Threads