Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

Quality.

I do love how a narrative can adapt.

1610922258939.png

Listen ********, 70 odd million yanks voted for Trump, not the Republicans, Trump. They are not going away anytime soon. The Democrats are not making any peaceful overtures at all despite the rhetoric, it is not looking good.
How's that worked out over the Brexit referendum?

"You lost, suck it up" was the standard response to anything I believe but....

...why are so many Brits emotionally invested in a foreign election result?

I dunno, why are you neurotic about events over here. You are not the 51st state...

Why do lefties not consider all the evidence available, and just follow the (communist) party line?
No sure of your poiint. Are you calling AP lefties?

Are you saying the Trump camp are telling the truth?

Do you disbelieve this?

Megan Powers was listed as one of two operations managers for the Jan. 6 event, and her LinkedIn profile says she was the Trump campaign’s director of operations into January 2021.

Someone sounded the horn?

I dunno, why are you neurotic about events over here. You are not the 51st state...
You may want to look up neurotic.

I'm not that bothered, as I said, if Trump had been re-elected it would have been another 4 years of giggles. The guy who was predicting my salty tears hasn't reappeared though...his comfort blankie must be soaking.

Last edited:

If you ask that question then you are either not paying attention or just don't give a ****.

You may want to look up neurotic.

I'm not that bothered, as I said, if Trump had been re-elected it would have been another 4 years of giggles. The guy who was predicting my salty tears hasn't reappeared though...his comfort blankie must be soacking.
It fits the narrative of half the forum throwing their blanket out of the pram over the ongoing events here. Some conservatives had a protest that got a tad out of hand...Not a coup.

If you and your ilk were not that bothered, then why the big deal? These events are not yet occurring in the UK.

Because they don't like a racist, fascist, mysoginistic, corrupt, narcissistic, lying, undemocratic, autocratic moron with delusions of competence, intent on becoming a president for life?

Just a wild-assed stab in the dark guess like...

Last edited:
Oh dear....

A new member of congress who thinks her new position allows her to run her mouth off with no controls.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As an aside for you @Boumer there was mention by a couple of the former senior Federal plod and intelligence types of a report doing the rounds in DC. And, bugger me sideways, do you know they think that Foreign State Badguys (oh look, that could be abbreviated to FSB, if not actually GRU) were involved in some of the ground level stirring up and leading of the mob into congress.

A reporter for the New Yorker who has been following the rise and activities of right wing groups attended the rally as he thought something might happen. He wandered into the Capitol building with the mob, until he was thrown out, then he snuck back in a side door with another lot. He was filming all the while and has officially released his [edited] footage today, makes for interesting viewing. You can clearly see individuals methodically opening the desks of members of the house, going through and photographing documents.

What also raised some concern was a couple of small tight groups who were in semi-tactical kit, moved with purpose and were not distracted by other activity. I saw film of one lot moving in single file through the crowd, hand on the shoulder of the man in front, making their way forward into the house.

And here is a bit of reading for you, same group of actors, different subject:

@Effendi I did st least see r3ports of Russian speaking journalists around.

As to the need to have Wagner group in the ground, I would imagine having provided oxygen, heat and fuel; the adversary has just had to sit back and watch the fun, and not have to do much direct work.

It fits the narrative of half the forum throwing their blanket out of the pram over the ongoing events here. Some conservatives had a protest that got a tad out of hand...Not a coup.
And if they'd been BLM marchers?
If you and your ilk were not that bothered, then why the big deal? These events are not yet occurring in the UK.
I'm here because it's fascinating seeing people convince themselves black is white and to throw in the odd correction.

Because they don't like racist, fascist, mysoginistic, corrupt, narcissistic, lying, undemocratic, autocratic moron with delusions of competence, intent on becoming a president for life?

Just a wild-assed stab in the dark guess like...
Let me guess.....you have a degree in interpretive dance theory from a uni that used to issue city and guilds to useful people.

I'm here because it's fascinating seeing people convince themselves black is white and to throw in the odd correction.
Then they would be let off the hook, as it is the woke thing to do...

Sure thing, I somehow think you hope Brexit will eventually be undone in a future election.

BLM marchers? those mainly peaceful types who didn't burn anything down or murder anybody you mean?

Then they would be let off the hook, as it is the woke thing to do...

Sure thing, I somehow think you hope Brexit will eventually be undone in a future election.
Gracs is a well known troll and divvy mate, abuse it by all means but don't get drawn in.

Ike’s measures were driven by the need for infantry and were mainly limited to the ETA. Truman’s EO in 1948 applied to the entire military and was rightfully seen as a major blow against segregation. The two acts are not comparable.

And yes, as a southerner Truman was raised a racist. Like many people of that time, he eventually recognized the evils of racism and changed his views. His insistence on a civil rights plank in the 1948 Democratic Party platform energized the civil rights movement and laid the groundwork for the Civil Rights Act.

The Conversion Of Harry Truman | AMERICAN HERITAGE
And Segregated units still existed into 1955 so much for the E.O.

ABNredleg

War Hero
And Segregated units still existed into 1955 so much for the E.O.
True. There were a lot of senior officers who fought desegregation tooth and nail.