Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

See ya Donny - wouldn't wanna be ya

I doubt he cares.

His only issues, I suggest, are -
  • whether the Republic party wishes to protect him against future Impeachment, or whether it is in their own interest to ditch him and create distance,
  • Any ongoing legal exposure to NY investigations into his finances/previous undisclosed offences,
  • His financial exposure as results of the damage to his brand and disinclination to do business with him,
  • Offences/corruption in office which comes to light.
On what appears to be his past behaviour, he'll continue to run his life like some permanent pyramid scheme - and as long as it has forward momentum until his death, I doubt he give a damn.

In a similar vein.

'During the chaos at the US Capitol, overwhelmed police officers confronted and combated a frenzied sea of rioters who transformed the seat of democracy into a battlefield.

'Now police chiefs across the country are confronting the uncomfortable reality that members in their own ranks were among the mob that faced off against other law enforcement officers.

'At least 13 off-duty law enforcement officials are suspected of taking part in the riot, a tally that could grow as investigators continue to pore over footage and records to identify participants.

'Police leaders are turning in their own to the FBI and taking the striking step of reminding officers in their departments that criminal misconduct could push them off the force and behind bars.

'The reckoning within police departments comes as plans for new demonstrations this weekend and on inauguration day are solidifying, with US authorities warning of the potential for violence in state capitals. Participants are expected to protest election results that made Joe Biden president-elect.

"We are making clear that they have First Amendment rights like all Americans," said Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo, who on Thursday accepted the resignation of an 18-year veteran in his department due to his involvement in the riot, which followed a rally at which US President Donald Trump urged his supporters to not accept his defeat. "However, engaging in activity that crosses the line into criminal conduct will not be tolerated."

Maple

LE
Typical lefty, not only wants to tell me what to say but wants to set the terms of the debate as well, foxtrot oscar pal.
No, just look at the thread title, do you see anyone else's name but Trump's? Want to rant about "libtard cuck snowflakes?" Start another thread. Now want to tell us how you feel about Trump and his supporters and their failed coup?

Do you need a special place? Are you aware facts don't care about your feelings? This is not America, you do not have the right to free speech without consequences

Georgia has one of the largest serving and ex military populations, they just elected two democrats, a balck pastor and a Jewish man. One of the early debunked claims of election fraud was the number of postal votes for Biden coming in from service personel overseas. They thought they were fraudulent because the Republicans expectation was that the military would vote Trump.
Exactly the same thing happened to Winston Churchill in 1945. It takes a bit of explainimg, perhaps for another thread another time, but the same incorrect sentiments were believed and I suspect the great man was somewhat miffed.......at least there were some,some fragmments of greatness (that's another story too.)

Last edited:
It's nice to know the UK can still produce the Rolls Royce of Lunatics, and now we're out of the UK we can freely export them. God willing.

A Freudian slip of commentary on the state of the Union?

He, "forgot" he was carrying a Glock and 500 rounds in the back of his car on the way to work. As you do.

And a fully loaded mag with one up the spout.

Ta Dah!

In a similar vein.

'During the chaos at the US Capitol, overwhelmed police officers confronted and combated a frenzied sea of rioters who transformed the seat of democracy into a battlefield.

'Now police chiefs across the country are confronting the uncomfortable reality that members in their own ranks were among the mob that faced off against other law enforcement officers.

'At least 13 off-duty law enforcement officials are suspected of taking part in the riot, a tally that could grow as investigators continue to pore over footage and records to identify participants.

'Police leaders are turning in their own to the FBI and taking the striking step of reminding officers in their departments that criminal misconduct could push them off the force and behind bars.

'The reckoning within police departments comes as plans for new demonstrations this weekend and on inauguration day are solidifying, with US authorities warning of the potential for violence in state capitals. Participants are expected to protest election results that made Joe Biden president-elect.

"We are making clear that they have First Amendment rights like all Americans," said Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo, who on Thursday accepted the resignation of an 18-year veteran in his department due to his involvement in the riot, which followed a rally at which US President Donald Trump urged his supporters to not accept his defeat. "However, engaging in activity that crosses the line into criminal conduct will not be tolerated."

Do you not think this is popping just over the line into propaganda? ”Turned the seat of democracy into a battlefield”. I haven’t been on a battlefield but what was the death toll? 4 on one side (3 of whom died from overexerting themselves or tazer misfires?) and was it two on the other? Doesnt really sound like any battlefield I’ve heard about.

Whatever is going to happen in America in the next few days, weeks and months is not going to be helped if the media do not dial back their rhetoric.

Whether anything happens on 20 Jan or not, this is going to get ugly as the US authorities trace and track down Steamboat's FB buddies.

'Neo-nazi groups have called on US troops to join their cause and murder politicians just hours after the Pentagon reminded its soldiers to “defend the constitution”.

'The Joint Chiefs of Staff know they have a hate-group crisis in their ranks. They just don’t know how bad. And putting thousands of armed men and women in and around the Capitol on inauguration day could explode in their face.

'Ousted from Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, neo-Nazis have turned to encrypted instant messaging service Telegram to urge their followers to seek out and assassinate politicians. “Strike the iron while it’s hot. The rats have addresses,” one post declares. In particular, they’re targeting National Guard reservists and active-duty members of the military. “Gather your local trusted militia and do what you must to save this country and our people from their hellish claws that clamp down on the souls of us all,” another neo-Nazi account implores.

'Now the FBI has formally warned state Governors of armed groups planning attacks in all 50 state capitals. Some 20,000 National Guard from across the country is mobilising within Washington DC for President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration. They’ve been authorised to carry loaded weapons. But will they be a help – or a hindrance

“The goal of those in DC should be to make turncoats of all those national guardsmen,” reads a neo-Nazi Telegram post uncovered by Vice. “Many have anonymously expressed their support. Take advantage.”

I read your post, then went to the actual article just to see if there was actually a quote which supports the ”murder politicians” or “assassinate politicians” bits. There wasnt anywhere in the article. Are we now just extrapolating from things said because if it was explicitly said why wouldn’t they have that quote in the article to support their contention.

Could this be another nice piece of quasi propaganda with very little basis? And Vice? Really? We are using Vice as a source of authoritative journalism? That’s punching through the bottom of the barrel.

I read your post, then went to the actual article just to see if there was actually a quote which supports the ”murder politicians” or “assassinate politicians” bits. There wasnt anywhere in the article. Are we now just extrapolating from things said because if it was explicitly said why wouldn’t they have that quote in the article to support their contention.

Could this be another nice piece of quasi propaganda with very little basis? And Vice? Really? We are using Vice as a source of authoritative journalism? That’s punching through the bottom of the barrel.

And how many journalists provide footnotes to cite their sources? It's not a university thesis he's writing, but something to induce advertisers.

Helpfully, he's even provided his address so that you can complain: in your own time, go on: Jamie Seidel is a freelance writer | @JamieSeidel

And how many journalists provide footnotes to cite their sources? It's not a university thesis he's writing, but something to induce advertisers.

Helpfully, he's even provided his address so that you can complain: in your own time, go on: Jamie Seidel is a freelance writer | @JamieSeidel
Well I don’t ordinarily read news.com.au so I’m not that bothered. Its not necessarily that I want sources etc but if they are going to say murder politicians or whatever then maybe a quote in the article that shows that would be supportive of their contention. Unless you think there were some and they didn’t include them in the article for some reason.

You on the other hand seem to be enjoying searching through the web for stories of right wing militias running amok and planning all sorts of murder and mayhem for next week. Most of the articles you post with a pithy comment and a dig at some of our American members, though, seem to be nothing more than puff pieces written to titillate people like you or contain “top flight investigative journalism“ from august sites such as Vice.

These articles are not helping the situation and people who share them, whatever the means, are part of the problem not the solution. Maybe think on that the next time the desire to go searching for and sharing propaganda arises.

Well I don’t ordinarily read news.com.au so I’m not that bothered. Its not necessarily that I want sources etc but if they are going to say murder politicians or whatever then maybe a quote in the article that shows that would be supportive of their contention. Unless you think there were some and they didn’t include them in the article for some reason.

You on the other hand seem to be enjoying searching through the web for stories of right wing militias running amok and planning all sorts of murder and mayhem for next week. Most of the articles you post with a pithy comment and a dig at some of our American members, though, seem to be nothing more than puff pieces written to titillate people like you or contain “top flight investigative journalism“ from august sites such as Vice.

These articles are not helping the situation and people who share them, whatever the means, are part of the problem not the solution. Maybe think on that the next time the desire to go searching for and sharing propaganda arises.

My, my; we're very holier than thou on a Sunday morning. If you'd also pointed out the articles and videos being posted here by those who share your love of TangoMan, you might have a bit more credibility.

Do you not think this is popping just over the line into propaganda? ”Turned the seat of democracy into a battlefield”. I haven’t been on a battlefield but what was the death toll? 4 on one side (3 of whom died from overexerting themselves or tazer misfires?) and was it two on the other? Doesnt really sound like any battlefield I’ve heard about.

Whatever is going to happen in America in the next few days, weeks and months is not going to be helped if the media do not dial back their rhetoric.

Indeed. While it was without doubt a frightening experience for those politicians caught up in it, one cannot help but compare and contrast with the reaction of Tory politicians after the Brighton Bombing. Lord Tebbit, for example, when receiving treatment for his injuries was asked by the doctor if he was allergic to anything.

"Bombs", Tebbit replied.

Thatcher was unharmed but was well aware exactly how close a call it had been; the bathroom in her suit had been destroyed by the bomb while she was in the living room. Five other people were not so lucky, including Sir Anthony Berry, MP, the Deputy Chief Whip.

Thatcher gave an impromptu press conference at 0400, after leaving the police station where she had been taken following the bombing. She refused to cancel the conference and it continued on schedule that morning. Mark & Spencer opened early so that those attending the conference could purchase replacement clothes for those destroyed in the attack. Thatcher's speech included this statement,

"That is the scale of the outrage in which we have all shared, and the fact that we are all gathered here now - shocked but composed and determined - is a sign not only that the attack has failed, but that all such attempts to destroy democracy will fail".

Last edited:
My, my; we're very holier than thou on a Sunday morning. If you'd also pointed out the articles and videos being posted here by those who share your love of TangoMan, you might have a bit more credibility.
Aren’t you the one with a hate for Whataboutery? Practice what you preach friend.

I have no love of Tangoman. I’m just fairly certain he’s nowhere near as bad as you, many others and most of the worlds media make out. I have no horse in that race as I don’t live in the US and other than peripherally (what happens there usually affects the rest of the world) am unaffected by what he does or doesn’t do.

I’d just have liked him to get a slightly fairer go at the job than he got and I see that the media have been principal participants in the pile ons that have affected him. If the media had not been in on it the Democrats would not have gotten anywhere near the power they did to try to screw him. People like you who gleefully share the crap they put out and then decry any articles supporting him are very definitely a big part of the problem.

It’ll be interesting to see how the media try to keep their finances alive when Trump is not Pres any more. They certainly won’t get the income from Biden puff pieces that they have from Trump bashing. Maybe belt tightening time for some of these media companies? Or will they just try to keep flogging that dead horse even once he’s gone and playing golf?

He, "forgot" he was carrying a Glock and 500 rounds in the back of his car on the way to work. As you do.

Entirely believable, if you do it all of the time and bung it in your boot you can forget. Whether it's the right way to treat your firearms is another matter but it's their country.

Neo-Nazis have turned to encrypted instant messaging service Telegram to urge their followers to seek out and assassinate politicians. “Strike the iron while it’s hot. The rats have addresses,” one post declares. In particular, they’re targeting National Guard reservists and active-duty members of the military. “Gather your local trusted militia and do what you must to save this country and our people from their hellish claws that clamp down on the souls of us all,” another neo-Nazi account implores.
This is the feds we’re talking about. FBI/DHS/NSA/USSS. If you’re putting in writing threats to commit terror attacks in the US and harm the likes of President Biden, I’m pretty sure they’re going to be pouring every resource they have, which is quite a few, into kicking your door in imminently, regardless of the medium you wrote the message on. To be fair to the yanks, they don’t do things by halves and they don’t fck about! There is an entire multi billion dollar government apparatus dedicated to rooting out terrorism - if you’re calling for war and assassinations, the lads are on the way.

FBI special agent slotting neo nazis sounds like a brilliant gig, how do I sign up?

Notice his pymarid collection in the background......'new world order symbol' or just a masonic or cult thing?

If you google him you’ll find quite a few media pieces and interviews - the man is convinced he shags aliens 4 times a year, has fathered an alien sprog, and that his mother was SIS and was offed by MI5 after wanting to leave.

He is very mentally ill and it’s a shame he’s being allowed to ‘embarrass’ himself like this so publicly, in inverted commas as it’s not his fault. I’ve read he’s married, his missus should have had him sectioned a long time ago. Some of the Qanon crazies are starting to turn on him now and are calling him a “CIA psyop” because none of his claims are coming true. It’s layer after layer of illness.

Aren’t you the one with a hate for Whataboutery? Practice what you preach friend.

I have no love of Tangoman. I’m just fairly certain he’s nowhere near as bad as you, many others and most of the worlds media make out. I have no horse in that race as I don’t live in the US and other than peripherally (what happens there usually affects the rest of the world) am unaffected by what he does or doesn’t do.

I’d just have liked him to get a slightly fairer go at the job than he got and I see that the media have been principal participants in the pile ons that have affected him. If the media had not been in on it the Democrats would not have gotten anywhere near the power they did to try to screw him. People like you who gleefully share the crap they put out and then decry any articles supporting him are very definitely a big part of the problem.

It’ll be interesting to see how the media try to keep their finances alive when Trump is not Pres any more. They certainly won’t get the income from Biden puff pieces that they have from Trump bashing. Maybe belt tightening time for some of these media companies? Or will they just try to keep flogging that dead horse even once he’s gone and playing golf?
Well, you certainly have the playbook down pat. When you can't refute the message, go after the messenger, have a bit of semi-reasonable 'me too, just like everyone else' and then dig out the 'whataboutery', while maintaining the innocence of your hero. I believe he's looking for a new press secretary.

Last edited: