Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

We have the exact same issue in he UK funnily enough........
some pretty shocking abuse of furlough by Indian companies.

we have also lost rafts of particular skills - businesses intelligence has been decimated as a domestic skill set and the off shore and near/on shore companies that have decimated this sector of skills provide shite people. Good BI people have been like rocking horse shit in the UK for years
Just my luck, I was made redundant last year when I was due to migrate to BI in the summer.

Yesterday's cartoon from The Australian:

11eaa21c8ec0afb2abe2c88ebc9678e5.jpg

POMs don't have precis. They simply memorize everything.
But its not a long list is it?

Eat pie
Dig hole.
Eat pie.
Sleep in cab.
Eat pie.
Fill in hole.
Eat pie.

Or for the B1.

Eat pie.
The fecking thing is fecking fecked.
Eat pie.
Poke something while eating a pie.
Declare its still fecked.
Eat pie while watching (with professional interest) how a shovel RE is used.
Fall asleep in cab.
Get awoken by an unaccountably angry man shouting about digging holes.
Poke something while eating a pie.
Make excuse about needing to get a 'floggle toggel' and drift off to the pie shop.

;)

Tried that but this thing hasn't been right since I down loaded the COVID app

Just email

Help@NSA.gov

They'll sort out the data scraping app you downloaded and it'll be right as rain.

Fat POM

Old-Salt
You were an instructor at Wainscott and I claim my five pounds

PS: you forgot, score with fat bird at Chattenden stomp!

Ipso must have such fascinating conversations with his fellow travellers!

'Joe Biden is really John F. Kennedy Jnr in a CGI mask and Donald Trump is a billion-year-old intergalactic being made of pure starlight who plans to introduce a cure for all disease in his second term.

'And on January 20, Trump will magically appear on TV screens around the world via “particle beam” to take over and announce a new world order.

'That’s according to far-right group QAnon, among some of its wildest conspiracy theories yet which have been escalating since the Capitol riot sealed the end of Donald Trump’s presidency.

'In keeping with QAnon theories about Trump waging war against the elites who are really paedophiles, the Q cult actually believes they are cannibals. Called “pedovores”, they preferentially eat children, and their leader is actor Tom Hanks. The cult believes actors, musicians, TV personalities and left wing politicians torture and eat children to enjoy a bloodborne stress chemical that keeps them looking young

'The Q cult, which is strongly linked to evangelical Christianity and uses Biblical-style rhetoric, also believes that Biden – who if he’s not JFK or JFK Jr, who “faked” his own death – is a lizard person. And that “the storm is coming” on his inauguration day, when he will be arrested and there will be worldwide take down of the “satanic pedovore cabal”.

4(T)

LE
Ipso must have such fascinating conversations with his fellow travellers!

'Joe Biden is really John F. Kennedy Jnr in a CGI mask and Donald Trump is a billion-year-old intergalactic being made of pure starlight who plans to introduce a cure for all disease in his second term.

'And on January 20, Trump will magically appear on TV screens around the world via “particle beam” to take over and announce a new world order.

'That’s according to far-right group QAnon, among some of its wildest conspiracy theories yet which have been escalating since the Capitol riot sealed the end of Donald Trump’s presidency.

'In keeping with QAnon theories about Trump waging war against the elites who are really paedophiles, the Q cult actually believes they are cannibals. Called “pedovores”, they preferentially eat children, and their leader is actor Tom Hanks. The cult believes actors, musicians, TV personalities and left wing politicians torture and eat children to enjoy a bloodborne stress chemical that keeps them looking young

'The Q cult, which is strongly linked to evangelical Christianity and uses Biblical-style rhetoric, also believes that Biden – who if he’s not JFK or JFK Jr, who “faked” his own death – is a lizard person. And that “the storm is coming” on his inauguration day, when he will be arrested and there will be worldwide take down of the “satanic pedovore cabal”.

To be honest, nothing would surprise me these days.

ipso_facto

War Hero
@ABNredleg For you my little disinformation merchant(?), it seems President Trump is making sure this 'virtual' inauguration goes smoothly without any hiccups. The troop number have increased to about 25,000 and also this:

I'm sure this is to combat any disruption.

It's probably to stop the paedophile lizards eating the Proud Boys.

Is that like the fence around where you live?

offog

LE
The troop number have increased to about 25,000 and also this:
Out of his hands as they are national guard and an application from local government and law enforcement called them into support the police.

Was your video from a Ukrainian site?

Nobody likes offshore Indian tech help either - I know Verizon uses a lot of Americans because of the repeated complaints.
Indian tech is clannish, very hostile to criticism and the problems in the software, generally don't come to light until shortly after deployment.. However, they're do deliver on time and that is good for the company, but less so for the customer who have been sold a pup, that needs years of rec work to work...... The inconvenient truth is the customer seems to not care and shows, to what extent finances is pretty much all anyone cares about anymore.

Reading the posts about whether on not there was electorla fraud reminded me of a discussion we had back when it all started. A previous election featuring one of the Bush's had a big issue over the "hanging chad" and whether the punched piece of paper really had to be detached for the vote to count. Great, wonderful, I'll get the popcorn.

This time round there was not the same issue, so if anyone makes an accusation of fraud or irregularities everyone thinks about massively organised manipulation of votes but perhaps fails to consider the fact that the human element at the lowest level may have contributed.

I watched a video clip yesterday where project Veritas had run a piece on a woman who was later arrested for vote harvesting, it wasn't massive numbers but but what she was basically doing to checking votes for other people and for a selection of those who voted Rep telling them "oh you've filled this in wrong, you need to tick that box" and all of a sudden the vote is for the Dems. Simple, effective, and pretty much untraceable. Get that happening a few times and the numbers will start to mount up.

The other consideration was around the same issue as the hanging chad, more specifically the willingness of who is counting to accept or reject a particular ballot. If you look at the number of votes rejected, either everyone in the US has suddenly become very clear and concise when they make their mark or votes that may have been rejected previously have been accepted.

Why, well we haven't considered that the person counting the votes has a personal opinion, an unconscious bias, and it is credible that they may subconsciously count spoilt ballots for their preferred candidate because they really want yhem to win. Again, one or two or ten, but add that up across the country.

The system is full of flaws and biases right down to the type of people who take on the low paid job of counting the votes and how they think, it's probably always been that way, but the fact that it has been allowed to go unchecked shows that this is not about free and fair elections but power.
The most precious right in a democracy, should be the right not to vote as an act of protest. Today, the drive is to coral those people under a banner, whether they're like it or not and why so much of the language by both sides is so incendiary.

The two main areas of concern pre-election appeared to me to be:-
1. Charities and NGOs to what extent were they're operating as cutouts to shield the Democratic party, from exposure in sophisticated ballot harvesting Operations and the shadowy money that finances those intermediaries.
2. Antifa/Black Lives Matter - to what extent, were any of the troops working in the counting. Because, if a county in PA or GA had been staffed by MAGA hat wearing types and the DNC needed votes, you can bet that would be a leading news item.

In Summary:-
Democracy is precious and moving towards the 'ends justify the means', is the first step towards an end to democracy as a free process designed to deliver a legitimate government whose right to rule is supported by all.

There are several different situations which are getting jumbled together in this discussion.

First, there are two categories of visa workers at issue. One group is top talent from around the world which Silicon Valley employers want to hire to design their products. They will get paid top money, given all the perks, get stock options, etc. Some of these people will rise to the top of the company, or go out and found their own companies.

The other are lower paid workers who do more routine jobs, everything from writing more run of the mill software to doing IT maintenance. Big Indian outsourcing companies bring these people into the US, pay them Indian wages, and in many cases rent houses and pack them full of these people. These people get brought into replace American workers at a lower price. Americans workers get introduced to them, told that this is their replacement, and they will train them in how to do their job after which they will be made redundant. Also, because their visa is held by their employer, if the contract workers ever complain about anything at all, they will get sent back to India and replaced with anyone else. Abuses are reportedly quite common.

There is a US work visa which is intended for the first category of worker. However, there is a limited supply of visas and big outsourcing companies will scoop them all up to use on their low wage second category workers so the tech companies who want first category workers can't hire who they want.

This has led to the situation where there are numerous Americans losing their jobs in the tech industry while companies (everything from banks to software companies) complain that there is a shortage of people with the necessary skills. Some of this apparent contradiction is simply due to the outsourcing companies getting most of the visas so there are not enough for the companies who were supposed to be getting them. Some of this is some companies, the finance field seems to be particularly prone to this, wanting to drive wages down as low as possible.

Some of it is also that you get managers from an Indian outsourcing company in charge of hiring people in the US to fill positions that are supposed to be filled with Americans. They will advertise the job in the US and will get qualified people applying for them. They will however f*ck them around and delay their applications. Then eventually these Indian hiring managers will report to the American company that they can't get any qualified people in the US, but they have 'x' number of people from one of their affiliates in India that they can have on site in the US in two weeks. They fill the position with one of their Indian contractors and take a huge chunk of his pay on top of the much smaller commission they would have got from hiring an American.

One of the things which Trump did was to try to address the above, although it took him years to get around to it. I can't recall exactly how it worked, but I think it amounted to putting a minimum salary limit for any work visa being granted of this type. This would not affect companies who genuinely wanted to hire top talent from around the world, as they would be paying more than that anyway.

Companies who just wanted to replace American workers with third world workers at third world wages however were rather rapidly ejecting teddies from prams at warp speed when they heard this, as it undercut their business model.

With regards to people leaving Silicon Valley to live elsewhere in the US, again there are several different aspects to this. If you have ambitions to climb the ladder in your company, or switch between companies to climb ladders there, or to make the connections which will let you found your own company, then Silicon Valley is the best place to be. There are all sorts of connections to be made there, and there are numerous employers doing similar things in the same area so switching jobs just means driving to a different building in the morning as opposed to moving to another city.

If climbing the ladder isn't your ambition, and if you have concluded that you personally will never be a billionaire, then Silicon Valley is not the place to be. If you are starting out now, or even worse, have just recently married, you will never be able to afford to buy your own house there. You can move to somewhere else in the US, accept a lower pressure job at a lower wage, and still be able to see a significant increase in your standard of living.

There are also companies who many have started out in Silicon Valley but whose best days are behind them. They have a stable or declining customer base for a well established but no longer cutting edge product line, and they are just looking to manage their inevitable decline. These companies are moving out of Silicon Valley to places with lower costs. They don't care if cutting edge talent is harder to come by in their new home, as they aren't doing cutting edge things any more. They're more focused on finance and marketing than technology and engineering now.

And then there’s Tesla. Faced with what Elon Musk perceived as an anti-business local government, he basically had enough and bugged his HQ out to Texas. Having done that, he then says “depending on how Tesla is treated in the future, we may also move the production site”.

Being conscientious, sensitive Democrat folk, one of the California Democrat politicians tweeted “Fvck Elon Musk”.

I commend Elon for his succinct reply: “Message received” :)

@ABNredleg For you my little disinformation merchant(?), it seems President Trump is making sure this 'virtual' inauguration goes smoothly without any hiccups. The troop number have increased to about 25,000 and also this:

I'm sure this is to combat any disruption.
Perhaps it was put up to lock people inside, or perhaps it was put up by someone who didn’t think
Perhaps you’re right that Trump put the fence up and is stupid enough to put it up backwards
However it’s a temporary fence, not a concentration camp.
Perhaps it’s even a deep state antifa trick to make the proud boys bring their toolkit with them and make them try to dismantle the fence