Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

Nobody likes offshore Indian tech help either - I know Verizon uses a lot of Americans because of the repeated complaints.
Theat's the biggest downside, which has helped the Philipnes and Egypt grow. But...if you're not dependent on a large non employee userbase it can make sense.

Don't misunderstand me here, you're talking to someone who had to take the HP support assistant in India through their product range, lead him by the hand to the answer and still got a "I'll get back to you" 15 years ago.

US and UK companies are among the biggest uses of outspourcing, because they tend to be bottom line driven, if they can get away with it, they will.

tactical hikers?

Yes, I noted those people playing at stacking up.

We'l see what come shout of the court cases.

I do hope people were not being silly, and making use of the cover of chaos to be rather more purposeful. That would be bad.

Here’s a nice indication of precisely how screwed up things are in America. Now some people will say it’s Ben Shapiro and write it off. Some will know Ami Horowitz work and think he’s biased and write it off. However the words of the Democrats in New York regarding unity, cooperation and compromise are very telling. If most Democrats think this way and I’m seeing nothing to make me think otherwise, even from the political trough feeders in Washington, things could be very very bumpy for the future. Compromise and unity basically seems to mean the Democrats do what they want and the Republicans can shut the hell up. Especially as the Democrats have control of the 3 branches of government.

I went into university with a couple of GCE's, and my Army EPC, when I left I had a full-house, and it was expected on my last course that I would be teaching tutorials, and the odd seminar. The point I am trying to make is that I know my way around a British university. Living in the US I have attended two colleges for courses, and am presently doing an online college course. Added to that my daughter has done an American Associates Degree and is now in the final year of a degree in the UK.

When a kiddy finishes high school at 18 here in the US they are at the same academic standard as a kiddy who left school at 16 in the UK.

In the UK if you want to go to uni you do A Levels at school. They give you the advanced foundation knowledge to attend a degree course. In the US they push that extra teaching into the first two years of a degree program, hence American degrees are 4 years long.

Then it can get a bit confusing. There are two year Associates degrees done at a college, and four year bachelors degrees done at university.

A kiddy can do a 2 year Associates and then apply to transfer to the final 2 years of a bachelors degree at a proper university. Similar to being in one of the new universities in the UK, doing a HND, then transferring onto a degree.

I had all my pieces of paper academically accredited for their equivalence over here. My HND is rated as being the same as a US high school qualification, go figure because I topped it up with one extra year to a full BSc (Hons). A Levels are also rated as high school equivalent, again, go figure as GCSE's are also rated as high school equivalent. I was given my information regarding UK 16 and US 18 year olds by the US State Department when I was going through the greencard process. My BSc is a BSc, my masters is a masters, etc.

There is no such thing as US national trade qualifications, unlike the UK city & guilds, here you can either do a college certificate, or an associates degree in a trade. Then if you think there is a problem with academic equivalence between the UK and the US would it surprise you that the same problem exists between States? The problem arises around the college certificate and associates degrees where some states will recognise each others academic certifications, and yet others will not.

All in all, having myself attended on two courses made up entirely of associate degree modules I can, hand on heart, as someone who went through the UK system, tell you that Associates degree is for the most part at the UK GCSE level. Depending on the institution it may possibly be at A level standard. Some schools who know they are shooting well above the mark are addressing this by introducing the International Baccalaureatte as a more widely acceptable measure of school leaving achievement.

That is one reason the degrees here are weaker. The other sneaking suspicion I have is that if universities teach them everything then no one would go back for a masters. And, at the end of the day universities are more driven by money here than the UK so they want people coming back for more.

I perused doing a masters just to keep the braincells ticking over. Then once I enquired I was informed that they would happily take $120,000.00 off me for a two year masters course. My masters in the UK, albeit many moons ago, cost me 3500 quid, nowadays they are 10K'ish, I know this because the daughter thought about doing one after her degree.

from what, I have read, there is a serious and growing literacy and numeracy problem in the US with abysmal teachers/schools and huge proportions of kids living in the poorer areas of major democrat cities barely able to read and write but unable to 'choose' alternative schools which would improve their chances due to left wing politicians and school unions staunchly against school choice - any of that strike a bell with your experience? - we all know that the yanks are famously ignorant of history and cultures outside of their own piece of Americana

bentobox

Old-Salt
Actually, the reason may be this:

"Leaving before Biden is sworn in will allow Trump to depart on Air Force One since he will still technically be the president. Had Trump waited until after the inauguration, he would have had to request permission from Biden to use the presidential plane."

Could you imagine that?

Do we know where the claims about Dominion originated? Not who promoted and repeated the claims, but where they originated?
Earliest trace I can find was dated 4 December by Congressman Jody Hice, quickly taken up by Rush Limbaugh a RW talk show host.
After that, despite denials, it was out in the loony sphere.

from what, I have read, there is a serious and growing literacy and numeracy problem in the US with abysmal teachers/schools and huge proportions of kids living in the poorer areas of major democrat cities barely able to read and write but unable to 'choose' alternative schools which would improve their chances due to left wing politicians and school unions staunchly against school choice - any of that strike a bell with your experience? - we all know that the yanks are famously ignorant of history and cultures outside of their own piece of Americana

My number one reason for leaving California. My wife could write a book on the woeful schools here, obsessed with Social justice and union demands. The children's needs are wayyyyy down the list of priorities.

Reading the posts about whether on not there was electorla fraud reminded me of a discussion we had back when it all started. A previous election featuring one of the Bush's had a big issue over the "hanging chad" and whether the punched piece of paper really had to be detached for the vote to count. Great, wonderful, I'll get the popcorn.

This time round there was not the same issue, so if anyone makes an accusation of fraud or irregularities everyone thinks about massively organised manipulation of votes but perhaps fails to consider the fact that the human element at the lowest level may have contributed.

I watched a video clip yesterday where project Veritas had run a piece on a woman who was later arrested for vote harvesting, it wasn't massive numbers but but what she was basically doing to checking votes for other people and for a selection of those who voted Rep telling them "oh you've filled this in wrong, you need to tick that box" and all of a sudden the vote is for the Dems. Simple, effective, and pretty much untraceable. Get that happening a few times and the numbers will start to mount up.

The other consideration was around the same issue as the hanging chad, more specifically the willingness of who is counting to accept or reject a particular ballot. If you look at the number of votes rejected, either everyone in the US has suddenly become very clear and concise when they make their mark or votes that may have been rejected previously have been accepted.

Why, well we haven't considered that the person counting the votes has a personal opinion, an unconscious bias, and it is credible that they may subconsciously count spoilt ballots for their preferred candidate because they really want yhem to win. Again, one or two or ten, but add that up across the country.

The system is full of flaws and biases right down to the type of people who take on the low paid job of counting the votes and how they think, it's probably always been that way, but the fact that it has been allowed to go unchecked shows that this is not about free and fair elections but power.

I think we all expect a huge public enquiry into the insurrection, "9/11 commission style" has already been mentioned a few times by lawmakers. I predict though, after the inauguration, the setting up of some kind of special counsel office to look at the allegations that certain congressmen or pro Trump staffers aided and abetted the rioters, namely the alleged ripping out of panic buttons from a Democrats office before the attack, and the stuff like Boebert being pictured giving tours of the building the day before to people allegedly identified in video of the rioting. There are 4 Republican rep names being banded about. I read earlier that "every FBI field agent is currently tasked with the Capitol job" so hopefully it won't be long before they get the lunatic who built the pipe bombs.

These screenshots below are from the indictment of some idiot member of the proud boys who in a group chat declared his intention to kill Pence and Pelosi if he got hold of them. The indictment also says that the FBI's informant is reporting that "the Proud Boys are coming back to DC on inauguration day, and that they plan to kill every single motherfucker they can."

Boebert?

total QANON believer loony tunes that one.

So where did you get the four Indians for one America or the Two Europeans for the price of one American if they're getting paid the same.

Not having a dig at you mate.. is that something you heard as well ("As I heard it")

From the justifications that were floating around ten to fifteen years ago when they pushing the whole "let's outsource our design centres to India, faaahhhzans of CS graduates, work for naaaahfink, what could go wrong?" line out of Corporate HQ. The downside turned out to be rather impressive staff turnover; lots of ambitious young engineers, lots of jobs in all these Indian Design Centres, and an expectation that you need to move jobs in order to get promoted.

Every time we lost a software team member, the slot would be replaced at our Indian site. Basically, the confirmation was coming from senior corporate types on site visits, who kept saying "Yes, we pay you more than them - but you're seen as more productive". The Scottish site is still open, and growing.

If you consider the average new graduate in India to be pretty much equivalent to the average new graduate in Europe, that turnover rate will still cause you problems. It means you need to spend more time on process, forcing people to write stuff down, because otherwise the knowledge goes out the door with them. With lower average levels of experience on the products, tasks take slightly longer on average, and output has slightly higher defect rates. Because your supervisors are less likely to have spent much time at this product's codeface, their ability to mentor young engineers is reduced. Because your system architects don't have quite as much experience of this system, opportunities to reuse parts of the design are missed - so it gets larger and clunkier. Your design teams essentially run on Befehlstaktik rather than Auftragstaktik - great if you're doing minor modifications to an existing product, not so good if you're building something new.

Staff turnover can screw you up, even if the two populations of engineers are just as good as each other.

I've worked at a UK firm that had a 30-40% annual turnover of design engineers in the depths of a recession; all of the problems I've described above, and it was not a nice place to work. Talked a good fight, mind you, but the CEO was a weapons-grade moron. I managed to get out after a year and a bit, with a huge sigh of relief.

If you give people an enjoyable place to work, coherent leadership, a reasonable expectation of a career, and pay them slightly more (the "Golden Handcuffs" effect); they hang around for longer, and it pays back even in the short term. People might join a firm; they tend to leave a manager.

Think of it this way - is it more relaxing to serve in a unit where people have been around long enough that things aren't a drama? Or one where no-one has been there long, or really knows what's going on (and is a complete cake-and-arse party, as sundry DS have put it)?

happyuk

War Hero
'Kin Ell!
I stand corrected. I once said an earlier post you made was one of the stupidest posts ever made on Arrse but this ^ idiocy beats it. You really need to read something other than 'other sources.'

@mrdude @Emcon Ecomcon @Steamboat @happyuk
View attachment 539508

CHINA Policy - FAIL.
TARIFF Policy - FAIL.
RPNK - FAIL.
IRAN Policy - FAIL.
COVID POLICY - FAIL.
2nd TERM - FAIL.
Unite the Country - FAIL.
Increase America's standing in the World - FAIL.

GIVE EVERY STUPID FCUKER A VOICE - PASS.

I stand humbly corrected spanksy. I've been a blinkered buffer after all.
There's a whole new generation of edgy young Democrats out there.
A whole flock of brash young Democrat debutantes with attitude.
We could discuss for hours why this generation is so special.
But I'll tell you this.
One thing they're not going to be doing is listening to this prize **** on a stick Biden for much longer.
God to Biden: "Come in Grandad you're ******* time's up"

Last edited:
Actually, the reason may be this:

"Leaving before Biden is sworn in will allow Trump to depart on Air Force One since he will still technically be the president. Had Trump waited until after the inauguration, he would have had to request permission from Biden to use the presidential plane."

Could you imagine that?
Hee hee...

"Well ladies and gentlemen, we apologise for the delay. Unfortunately the oil pressure on number four engine is not within the correct limits. Our engineers are working on it and we will be on our was just as soon as it is possible to do so safely. In the meantime please relax, and Jason and his team of cabin crew will take care of you."

1610748624279.png

NRA file for bankruptcy, I didn’t see that coming. Well done Donald it wouldn’t have happened without you.

If only it were terminal decline, rather than political manoeuvring.

'The National Rifle Association on Friday filed petitions with a U.S. bankruptcy court seeking protection from creditors by restructuring, the gun rights advocacy group announced.

'The NRA filed the Chapter 11 petitions in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Dallas, it said in a news release.

'The NRA said it would restructure as a Texas nonprofit to exit what it said was a “a corrupt political and regulatory environment in New York” state, where it is currently registered.

'The influential group said in a statement there would be no immediate changes to its operations or workforce, and that it “will continue with the forward advancement of the enterprise – confronting anti-Second Amendment activities, promoting firearm safety and training, and advancing public programs across the United States.”

'Last August, New York state Attorney General Letitia James sued to dissolve the NRA, alleging senior leaders of the nonprofit group diverted millions of dollars for personal use and to buy the silence and loyalty of former employees.

'The NRA’s actions will likely put the attorney general’s lawsuit on hold, and a reincorporation could strip her of the ability to seek the group’s dissolution. In her lawsuit, James had said the NRA’s incorporation as a nonprofit in New York gave her authority to dissolve it.'

Last edited:
Compromise and unity basically seems to mean the Democrats do what they want and the Republicans can shut the hell up. Especially as the Democrats have control of the 3 branches of government.
Seems oddly familiar to me for some reason.
Almost like I have seen a similar but not quite the same situation somehwere.

Latest Threads