Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

I will nit pick one bit. The Commission he set up wasn't disbanded because it found no evidence, it was disbanded because the States suspected of having an electoral fraud problem wouldn't cooperate with it, so they had no way of gathering evidence.
Ah........took the fifth......well, all part of the same strange system. I am assuming they only went for 'dem' (no racist intention) States.

Well, I did chuckle at the remarks by the Iranian president.

"What we saw in the United States yesterday evening and today shows above all how fragile and vulnerable Western democracy is," Rouhani said in a speech on Thursday broadcast by state television.

"We saw that unfortunately, the ground is fertile for populism, despite the advances in science and industry.

"A populist has arrived and he has led his country to disaster over these past four years."

If he remembered to start that brief with "Vital Int" he'd get a competent pass on his OPMI, I'd say.

I will nit pick one bit. The Commission he set up wasn't disbanded because it found no evidence, it was disbanded because the States suspected of having an electoral fraud problem wouldn't cooperate with it, so they had no way of gathering evidence.
Your rather missing the point..... Any random piece of analysis that supports the narrative of the evidence points to no significant amount of fraud, is absolutely rock solid and every piece of evidence contrary, is about as useful as chip wrapper.

Are you putting Trump on a par with someone who was a sexual predator for decades?

I'm not necessarily his greatest fan but by what measure is Trump a 'vile criminal'? Surely that's a judgement/label to be attached once any criminal proceedings have deemed him so?

Anything else is politically motivated.
Err... Trump has been a notorious sex pest all his career.
However, Jimmy didn't manage to summon tens of thousands of Jim'll Fix It fans to Parliament and get five people killed while trying to take over the country, so that's one up to Jim in the vile criminal stakes.

Carbon 6

War Hero
Not yet.
But before long the entire Trump clan will probably be living in a trailer park.
The bigliest, most beautiful trailer park.

If that trailer park is inhabited by the entire Trump clan only, then I hope it attracts the bigliest, most powerful tornado ever.

An elite class who hand political power down through their generations

So not unlike the current British Cabinet at the moment where two thirds of them went to private schools or the unelected House of Lords.

A history of excluding/discriminating against particular groups based on their tribe

Again not too unlike British history then.

An underclass with globally low standards of educational achievement.

A couple of things here. Unlike the UK, the US schooling system is set by the States and not the Federal government so much like the UK it depends on where one goes to school.

I have three sons all educated in the US, all went to the local schools. One is a Doctor of Medicine, One is a Major in the U.S. Air Force and one is an Electrical Engineer. All three have done pretty good as have the other millions of kids who went through the US educational system.

There will always be kids who are left behind for various reason no matter the country they live in.

Tribes who self identify on the basis of where their great grandparents (or earlier) lived, worshipped etc.
A corrupt and gerrymandered political system.

Sounds a bit like Ireland, Wales and Scotland and the old winning the life lottery being born English and all that.

A corrupt and gerrymandered political system

Yeah no corrution or gerrymandering in the British political system or any other country for that matter.
Most of the population believe they should be guided by a book written hundreds of years ago on behalf on an imaginary being.

So not unlike the Magna Carta which precedes the US Constitution and Bill of Rights by over 500 years. A document that defends the liberties and rights of the English Church, another confirms the liberties and customs of London and other towns, and the third gives all English subjects the right to justice and a fair trial to this very day.

BTW, both the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights are documents and not books.

A significant percentage of the above are armed and believe that, if their imaginary being justifies it, then their actions should not be answerable to earthy authority.

What a load of rubbish, how could you possibly know what millions of Americans think?

Does the Middle East have this as well?

Yes it does and far worse.

Your rather missing the point..... Any random piece of analysis that supports the narrative of the evidence points to no significant amount of fraud, is absolutely rock solid and every piece of evidence contrary, is about as useful as chip wrapper.

I don’t think you understand what the word ‘random’ means.

Hard to see how that could be, what with you being an expert data analyst...

Oh...

Bad forecast/Good forecast:

"I truly believe the office will change Donald Trump. I believe it will humble him. And I think even Donald will be impelled to turn to God for guidance".
"Trump is so controversial. He's the kind of person that would inspire crazy people"
(Marsha Coats, wife of Dan Coats, DNI, 2016)

You can't be right every time.

The impeachment could be good for the Republicans though, because Trump will not be able to stand.

Were he to be allowed to stand again, the Republican Party might end up with him again, which would be a disaster for the Republican Party as well as the country as a whole. There would be a generational gap appear between Republican presidents.

Impeaching him prevents that spectre, and the Republicans will be forced to pick someone else, and they thus have the chance of getting someone decent.

Mattb

LE
The impeachment could be good for the Republicans though, because Trump will not be able to stand.

Were he to be allowed to stand again, the Republican Party might end up with him again, which would be a disaster for the Republican Party as well as the country as a whole. There would be a generational gap appear between Republican presidents.

Impeaching him prevents that spectre, and the Republicans will be forced to pick someone else, and they thus have the chance of getting someone decent.
Exactly. If you split “potential Republican voters” in to two camps, you have:
  1. Moderates - those who could be put off by Trump and lose Rep votes, either to Dem, third party or abstaining
  2. The hardcore lot, who’d happily vote for the guy who pulled the switch at Trump’s hypothetical election, so long as he’s on a Rep ticket and not a Dem one.
It’s hard to see what they can lose by convicting, really - maybe a bit of mid-term support from the real MAGA die-hards who might abstain; but who will realise that by doing so they just gave the Dems more power and almost certainly get on board next time.

Good point, but hasn't there been a shift where people have been encouraged to move to Dem/Rep states?
My sister and her family moved to California and a large part of that was to get away from Republicans.

If it does kick off I would think those with money would relocate to safer states.
There is an movement away from CA nd NY currently. I am applying for jobs in and the first thing they say is ' Part of the exodus eh?'

I doubt there is an election on the planet that doesn’t have a degree of fraud and rigging. Especially a big one as in the US. I do wonder though if it was enough to actually change the outcome, but maybe make it closer.

For me the left lost the last election because they went to sleep as they thought Hilary would walk it. A lot or Republicans never believed in Trump and were I think quite surprised when he got in. This time everyone wanted a say. Certainly an election that polerised the electorate and I think swayed towards Biden, if for no ther reason that he wasn’t Trump.

Now as always (BLM etc) those with the biggest mouths are using them, and trying to get their last shots in at Trump while they can.

To say though that there was no fraud in the election is wishful thinking.

Its an odd country. Everyone also thinks I should talk like Hugh grant.

You're lucky, I got told I don't sound Scottish, not like Groundskeeper Willie

Last edited:

Latest Threads