Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Nah.

I recognise that. You nicked it from the Milky Bar Kid.

I don't know if that is going to happen or not. The reason I say that is because Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell refused a request from Minority Leader Charles Schumer to reconvene the Senate early to launch Trump’s trial. That means it can start the proceedings no sooner than Jan. 19 — a day before Biden’s inauguration.

The first time around, a smug, grinning McConnell made a point of how the impeachment was going to be killed in the senate, not even allowing witnesses to be called in the trial.

This time around, he has said he has an "open mind" on conviction.

That, politically, is a dog whistle of hand grenade magnitude for other GOP members.

Let me explain this to you in simple Limey.
She gambled that her vote would attract more GOP Reps to impeach Trump and look like a hero. The vote tallies suggest she in fact guessed wrong. Only 10 GOP reps voted to impeach the party largely held.

So not only did she buck the party line which is a no go as a member of leadership, but she also didn't take her constituents views into account when she made this choice. Which tends to cause some raw feelings from the people that put her in office. Her personal feud is her own, but she should have kept that separate from representing her state. So now she might be forced out of her leadership position or voted out in two years. A very unwise gamble when Trump only has a week left in office.
Or she upheld her Oath to defend the Constitution...

How are all these nasty MAGA types that were at Trump's rousing 'Storm the Barricades' speech going to be successfully arrested and brought to trial if the Dems are going to be in power and the 'Defund the Police' lot strike up their chant again?

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
I told you I am a terrible fisherman who suffers from permanent memory loss. But I bet that government money could buy a few pelican cases, bags, shovels and picks, and a GPS.
Cinnté, is amadán iomlán tú agus Smáoinigh arís, á chara!

MsG

but she gambled and lost big

Oh I don't know! She could always quit the Republicans and join the Wyoming Democrats. She's bound to be a shoe-in for the next Governor and afterwards you peasants can whine about how she stole the election :grin:

Oh I don't know! She could always quit the Republicans and join the Wyoming Democrats. She's bound to be a shoe-in for the next Governor and afterwards you peasants can whine about how she stole the election :grin:
She is a carpetbagger so that is strike one and two, this could be strike three.
I think the House GOP only needs 20 percent of the members to vote to strip her of her position. Which will kill her dream of becoming speaker or moving up to loftier goal.

She is a carpetbagger so that is strike one and two, this could be strike three.
I think the House GOP only needs 20 percent of the members to vote to strip her of her position. Which will kill her dream of becoming speaker or moving up to loftier goal.

Then again the GOP might just leave it alone them being a bunch of two faced twats. They want rid of Trump as much as the Democrats want him gone.

Mich doesn't want to be the Senate Majority Leader that goes down in history for taking down a Republican President, imagine how that would go down in Kentucky.

Latest Threads