Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

I don't think that's what he's saying.

The people who have broken the law and committed serious offences need to account for that, and I don't see anyone disagreeing with that proposition, but there needs to be restraint on all sides and a sense of proportionality. Lincoln provided the template if people are wise enough to follow it:

"With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations."

You mean 'winner takes all' Lincoln; that Lincoln?

"A house divided against itself cannot stand."

I believe this government cannot endure, permanently half slave and half free.

I do not expect the Union to be dissolved -- I do not expect the house to fall -- but I do expect it will cease to be divided.

It will become all one thing or all the other.

"House Divided" Speech by Abraham Lincoln

As of Wednesday, President Trump has been briefed by some officials on possible security threats to the Biden inauguration, a White House official told The Daily Beast. Two other sources with direct knowledge of the matter say that in private conversations over the past week, Trump has continued entertaining wildly incorrect conspiracy theories that antifascists had infiltrated the MAGA mob during the Jan. 6 riots at the U.S. Capitol and had caused trouble. Trump has also asked advisers and confidants to look into such rumors.

The president has raised the antifa and false-flag theories in discussions about potential threats during Inauguration Day, as well, the sources said.

Goodness you do surprise me. He always appeared to be on top of his brief and a keen analytical thinker.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
My goodness! Considering that the US praises itself as being the "cradle of democracy" (I know, I know), it seems strange that it suddenly depends on a deeply undemocratic act to reseat a deeply undemocratic president. But, then again, why am I not surprised, given the direction of US politics in the last decades?

MsG

Attempt to Impeach Trump now dead in the water, apparently,

I don't think he is saying no, he is merely saying not yet. The GOP have no choice but to get Don impeached a second time so that they can dump him, procedurally, from ever standing again (even if he formed his own party). They need him out our they are finished. Plus, the nutters are now threatening the families of Congressmen and Senators (Congressess and Senatresses too ;))

That is a purty looking trailer park, and you say this is punishment?

You can fill it full of ‘Muricans

366321E6-3335-4DD7-8A9D-D5A32C21ED3A.jpeg

CC4A8A94-9E3C-42D4-977E-B6EC4E3F8106.jpeg

that’s the reality for millions of Americans.

its like living in Libera, even down to the guns.

Yes it is and it's also reality for millions of people around the world and not just the US. You folks want shocking! Look to your own streets first, 280,000 homeless in England alone. That's not including Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Even more shocking that LA is also home to Beverly Hills, where the mega rich live in gated splendour.
Guess that's why it is gated. I went around it on google earth a few weeks ago...............you get more space between houses in a council estate. I can understand why the rednecks are pissed, but Trump was never their guy - he is the biggest lying, cheating, thieving shitbag there has ever been in the White House and he has been milking the poor for years. But someone needs to take that country by the horns and give it a good shake - someone who actually gives a shit.

Yes it is and it's also reality for millions of people around the world and not just the US. You folks want shocking! Look to your own streets first, 280,000 homeless in England alone. That's not including Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Homeless doesn't mean homeless in the UK though (yes, I know that's confusing) - not sure how that compares with the US definition.

Guess that's why it is gated. I went around it on google earth a few weeks ago...............you get more space between houses in a council estate. I can understand why the rednecks are pissed, but Trump was never their guy - he is the biggest lying, cheating, thieving shitbag there has ever been in the White House and he has been milking the poor for years. But someone needs to take that country by the horns and give it a good shake - someone who actually gives a shit.

The saying goes....’America - it’s heaven if you make it, and hell if you don't’

For many, and increasing, millions of Americans, it’s hell.

the wealth disparity in America is simply shocking.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Never a truer word!

MsG

Homeless doesn't mean homeless in the UK though (yes, I know that's confusing) - not sure how that compares with the US definition.
From the Gov.uk site:

The term ‘homelessness’ is often considered to apply only to people ‘sleeping rough’. However, most of our statistics on homelessness relate to the statutorily homeless, ie those households which meet specific criteria of priority need set out in legislation, and to whom a homelessness duty has been accepted by a local authority.

Such households are rarely homeless in the literal sense of being without a roof over their heads, but are more likely to be threatened with the loss of, or are unable to continue with, their current accommodation.

"Rough Sleepers" (no roof over their head at all) are <5000, though this is assessed to likely be an underestimation - with possibly ~10000 closer to the mark.

It is a problem, but the figures you quote are defined according to the standards for what are considered appropriate for a dwelling to be called a home. There are only 5000 of those sleeping rough (a drop of 3000 since the previous data).

The legal definition of homelessness in the UK is that a household has no home in the UK or anywhere else in the world available and reasonable to occupy. The 280,000 includes people living in high value premises in places in London (most expensive city in the world) who chose to remain in substandard accommodation just to remain the that location. Its complex, its unacceptable, but it is nothing at all like the conditions that exist in parts of the USA.

Mattb

LE

Here it's no fixed abode, the exception being folks, retirees and such like folks who sell up and spend their life on the road.

He’s now the most-impeached POTUS in history. No one else has been impeached more than him, the impeachiest.
Feck, that will be his next claim to fame. I AM THE MOST IMPEACHED PRESIDENT IN THE HISTORY OF THIS GREAT COUNTRY, NO OTHER PRESIDENT COMES CLOSE TO MY IMPEACHYNESS

Latest Threads