Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

I think that might be part of the problem, they don't work out their hostility in the chamber.
It's all very "on rails" as well, they have those silly little lecterns rather than just standing up, there are strict time limits, they have pre-prepared speeches and there are no interruptions or questions. For example I can't see that harpy from Colorado would have managed to say what she said in either Commons or Lords without someone standing up and asking whether she knew she was talking rubbish or just plain laughing at her.
Just seen a few minutes seems very forced and contrived. Our system seems more natural, somehow.

The FBI is also an agency that is now viewed as very partisan.

When are Space Force flying in on the stealth border walls to stop the caravans of Mexican paedo-satanists?

When are Space Force flying in on the stealth border walls to stop the caravans of Mexican paedo-satanists?

Next they'll be wearing space pants

Mr_Baiter

War Hero
Watching the impeachment debate on CNN. As a means of debating/deciding its a bit of a bonk system - just a bunch of talking heads taking it in turn to say their piece. No right of reply and no debate - just soundbite after soundbite.

Watching the impeachment debate on CNN. As a means of debating/deciding its a bit of a bonk system - just a bunch of talking heads taking it in turn to say their piece. No right of reply and no debate - just soundbite after soundbite.
And nae subtitles.................................

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
The FBI is also an agency that is now viewed as very partisan.
Are those straws you're clutching at actually holding? The FBI is partisan. OK. So how about the fella in the US who criticised Dubya Bush in his local gym and, having been bubbled by his "buddies", subsequently got a visit from FBI agents, who wanted to know certain things about his beliefs? Do you mean FBI like that?

Fact is that the FBI has only been regarded as "partisan" since your man Dipshit Donny repeatedly claimed that they were out to get him. Quite apart from the fact that he's trashed the organisation again and again. I mean, what do they think they're doing following up legitimate, verifiable claims of fraud, scams, cheating, deception, deceit and sundry other illegal, prohibited criminal activities against Dipshit Donny? Who the fück do they think they are? The FBI?

MsG

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Boumer as much I appreciate what you post, I don't exactly think you are neutral in any way shape or form. How is your roomie Peter Strzok doing btw?

Probably be doing very well after defending his rights at law against an arbitary and capricious President?

Really nice of Cyber Command to assert their loyalty to the Constitution.

Hate to break it to you, but Trump was relying on GRU and Wikileaks anyway.

Viewed by nutters taking direction from their mentally ill cult leader as very partisan, yes.

I blame the idiot who picked the agency's boss.

“I will be nominating Christopher A. Wray, a man of impeccable credentials, to be the new Director of the FBI. Details to follow,” Trump tweeted Wednesday morning.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Boumer as much I appreciate what you post, I don't exactly think you are neutral in any way shape or form. How is your roomie Peter Strzok doing btw?
And then we wonder why Septics are so unappreciative of (or simply fail to understand) irony.

MsG

It is still going on on other news platforms so no idea.
Edit
Apparently the above just means it'll not be done and dusted before Biden takes over is my understanding
I don't think the Democrats are going to let it go either, not when they have six Republicans on their side calling for impeachment.

My own view is this is Pelosi's doing, she's trying to make sure that Trump isn't able to make another run at the Presidency come 2025 if he's impeached and convicted.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I don't think the Democrats are going to let it go either, not when they have six Republicans on their side calling for impeachment.

My own view is this is Pelosi's doing, she's trying to make sure that Trump isn't able to make another run at the Presidency come 2025 if he's impeached and convicted.
I suspect you're right, the fact some quite senior Republicans are in favour strikes me as neither do they want it.

Last edited:

Latest Threads