Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

If you had a shred of evidence, that would be nice.

Sadly he is not up with Truzzi's principle that "extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof". Or my extension of it: "some/any proof would be useful".

However, as there is none I will go with Hitchen's Razor; "what can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".

With a touch of Hyman's Categorical Imperative; "Do not try to explain something until you are sure there is something to explain". Works well for Excel models.

Some Trumpettes would seem to disagree. Nothing like a bit of 'pre-emptive' invocation of Martial War to allow a free, fully-functioning Western democracy to uphold the rights, value and safety of its citizens.

Vive El Presidente! Long live the Banana Republic!

'Lin Wood, an Atlanta-based lawyer who says President Donald Trump asked him to join the effort to challenge Joe Biden’s election victory, is promoting a right-wing group’s call for Trump to declare martial law and use the military to oversee a new election. Retired Gen. Michael Flynn also promoted the call for martial law just a day after the Justice Department released the language of the extremely broad pardon Flynn received from Trump

'We the People Convention, an Ohio group with Tea Party roots, made the call for martial law in a full-page ad in the right-wing Washington Times and a press release distributed Tuesday.'

I feel like I've fallen through Alice's looking glass here, what with Emcon's claims that choosing a float type is clear evidence of vote scaling, and now this.

I thought the whole point of the American right-wing arming themselves to the teeth was to prevent martial law?

I feel like I've fallen through Alice's looking glass here, what with Emcon's claims that choosing a float type is clear evidence of vote scaling, and now this.

I thought the whole point of the American right-wing arming themselves to the teeth was to prevent martial law?

Welcome to the rabbit hole.

I fear you may be too late.

So to deal with a huge quantity of clerical work, and verify that against a complex IT system, and carry out deep data analysis and forensic software checks...
The solution is a battalion of National Guard rednecks or (God save the USA) several hundred Regular crayon-eating infantrymen? Really?

Now, I have met US servicemen, and I somehow don't see that average GIs can do much outside their MOS choice. Checking voting machines isn't one of them.

You might as well suggest a good way of running the US air traffic control system would be to hand it over to a troop of baboons.
Indeed. Emcon did suggest it being an infantry regiment (I may have misremembered that) and I wouldn’t have thought that wouldn’t have been a good start.

Which of course is not believed.........by conspiracy theorists.

Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 13.51.04.png

Western countries have long avoided any link between their military and the electoral process.

That is why none of them are run as kleptocracies by the KGB.

Like yours is.
I agree.

I can't see any arm of the military in any western country getting involved in any part of an election process.

It would be the modern age version of a legion crossing the Rubicon.

Apparently 80% of them believe in angels.

Which proves they have a higher percentage of village idiots per head of population* than anywhere else in the world. Yay, more winning?

*Although India almost certainly outstrips them when it comes to rapists.

Last edited:

ABNredleg

War Hero
So to deal with a huge quantity of clerical work, and verify that against a complex IT system, and carry out deep data analysis and forensic software checks...
The solution is a battalion of National Guard rednecks or (God save the USA) several hundred Regular crayon-eating infantrymen? Really?

Now, I have met US servicemen, and I somehow don't see that average GIs can do much outside their MOS choice. Checking voting machines isn't one of them.

You might as well suggest a good way of running the US air traffic control system would be to hand it over to a troop of baboons.
Actually, the National Guard is very active in cyber security:

National Guard Cybersecurity Units Ready to Protect Election

In North Carolina, the Guard has a major role in in doing network scans and hardening for counties and municipalities, as well as responding to any breaches. They have been particularly busy the past couple of years helping to deal with ransomware issues. They recruit from the technology companies in the Raleigh area, and their guys are shit-hot, being up-to-date with the latest technologies.

However, while they can help local boards of elections harden their networks, they are not involved in anyway in the voting process, and they have no desire to. There is a very sharp line between the military and political spheres in the US and that's the way the military wants it to be. I am sure they would refuse if ordered to do such an count since it is against everything the military values. The US military WILL NOT select a winner.

In North Carolina, the Guard has a major role in in doing network scans and hardening for counties and municipalities, as well as responding to any breaches. They have been particularly busy the past couple of years helping to deal with ransomware issues. They recruit from the technology companies in the Raleigh area, and their guys are shit-hot, being up-to-date with the latest technologies.

However, while they can help local boards of elections harden their networks, they are not involved in anyway in the voting process, and they have no desire to. There is a very sharp line between the military and political spheres in the US and that's the way the military wants it to be. I am sure they would refuse if ordered to do such an count since it is against everything the military values. The US military WILL NOT select a winner.
Apologies to the National Guard. It sounds like they have the systems knowledge, but still, probably not a politically astute or desirable role for them, as it would fall well outside their role.

ABNredleg

War Hero
Apologies to the National Guard. It sounds like they have the systems knowledge, but still, probably not a politically astute or desirable role for them, as it would fall well outside their role.
They have a very limited role, and will not get involved in any scheme to undermine the electoral system.

As a practical matter, they usually don't have the forensic skills necessary to audit IT systems - that's the role of law enforcement.

Yes, the last 4 years have been odd with anti Federal Right Wing Militia's siding with the federal government.....and now calling for martial law, which they are normally opposed to ......

Does this mean that the freedom loving right wing militia are now no longer freedom loving?

What about the peace living leftwing who for the last 4 years have been arming themselves to the teeth to protect society from non freedom loving forces.

Are the new left wing militia now the new right wing freedom loving militia?

This is not going to go away, so either the military provide aid to the civilian powers, who have seemingly lost credibility. Or you adopt the Helm method of dealing with a problem, by denying it exists.

Problem:-
It may well have started in 2016, when the left and establishment decided that russia stole the election, but if the 2020 election is deemed fraudelent by much of the court of public opinion. Then every election in the US, is going to be deemed fraudelent by default.

Still messaging about that arssehole..... how very very sad.

The most over-qualified lame duck President ever.... just spent 4 years practicing for just this moment.

Last edited:

Cyber Security is very much a 'business' task - does the software, CIS system, etc I've procured meet the required security standards, are suitable firewalls, password protection and encryption in-place, is the system being operated in the manner for which it was accredited, is all patching up-to-date?

This is not going to go away, so either the military provide aid to the civilian powers, who have seemingly lost credibility. Or you adopt the Helm method of dealing with a problem, by denying it exists.

Problem:-
It may well have started in 2016, when the left and establishment decided that russia stole the election, but if the 2020 election is deemed fraudelent by much of the court of public opinion. Then every election in the US, is going to be deemed fraudelent by default.
The civilian powers don't want military assistance, and haven't asked for it.
The military don't want to do it, and haven't got the legal power to do it.
So it isn't going to happen.
And that's why it will go away.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Some Trumpettes would seem to disagree. Nothing like a bit of 'pre-emptive' invocation of Martial War to allow a free, fully-functioning Western democracy to uphold the rights, value and safety of its citizens.

Vive El Presidente! Long live the Banana Republic!
Whereas

LINKY

20 days of fantasy and failure: Inside Trump’s quest to overturn the election​

By Philip Rucker, Ashley Parker, Josh Dawsey and Amy Gardner

The facts were indisputable: President Trump had lost.

But Trump refused to see it that way. Sequestered in the White House and brooding out of public view after his election defeat, rageful and at times delirious in a torrent of private conversations, Trump was, in the telling of one close adviser, like “Mad King George, muttering, ‘I won. I won. I won.’ ”

However cleareyed Trump’s aides may have been about his loss to President-elect Joe Biden, many of them nonetheless indulged their boss and encouraged him to keep fighting with legal appeals.

They were “happy to scratch his itch,” this adviser said. “If he thinks he won, it’s like, ‘Shh . . . we won’t tell him.’

Also

bentobox

Old-Salt
The civilian powers don't want military assistance, and haven't asked for it.
The military don't want to do it, and haven't got the legal power to do it.
So it isn't going to happen.
And that's why it will go away.
I do hope this is the case, however as we have seen with the Kyle Rittenhouse situation, there are plenty of nut jobs ready to heed the call to arms.

It really is time for the grown ups in the GOP to make a stand and say enough is enough, although in reality I fear this will not happen.

Latest Threads