Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

ABNredleg

War Hero
My mistake - I misunderstood your statement. There are some states whose RealID didn’t meet the requirements and I thought you were talking about that.
No worries. But when it is optional, it is a loophole that can be exploited and the residency requirements are easier to fudge when you only need one document instead of two. Hence the opening a bank account example as anybody can do it and acquire a statement which can magically be used to check a box. One would have to require proof of residency for a set period of time to show you are not a recent transplant, but then that would be discrimination and create holy hell with voting rights.

ABNredleg

War Hero
No worries. But when it is optional, it is a loophole that can be exploited and the residency requirements are easier to fudge when you only need one document instead of two. Hence the opening a bank account example as anybody can do it and acquire a statement which can magically be used to check a box. One would have to require proof of residency for a set period of time to show you are not a recent transplant, but then that would be discrimination and create holy hell with voting rights.
But once again, how do you exploit this to create a large scale fraud?

But once again, how do you exploit this to create a large scale fraud?
Have college students and other folks flood down to the state in September and become new Residents. Progressives are
not short activists with time on their hands. You don’t need millions in states when the margin is one percent or less. By the time people figure it out votes are cast and the damage is done. Government doesn’t exactly move at light speed.

They have no power to make up immigration laws as they see fit, nor impede the Federal Government in carrying out immigration enforcement.
They didn't make up immigration law, they refused to have their law enforcement personnel usurped to the Federal government's purpose.

As your country's system has always permitted them to do.

It's a conspiracy, I'm convinced....

Or
1r9qke.jpg

Last edited:
They didn't make up immigration law, they refused to have their law enforcement personnel usurped to the Federal government's purpose.

As your country's system has always permitted them to do.
So say we have 2nd Amendment Sanctuary Counties and States. I assume you will be as supportive of them and their protection of Constitutional rights as you are of illegals breaking the law?

I assume you will be as supportive of them and their protection of Constitutional rights as you are of illegals breaking the law?
There was an amendment to the Constitution on immigration?

I think you just told a teensy fib.

ABNredleg

War Hero
Have college students and other folks flood down to the state in September and become new Residents. Progressives are
not short activists with time on their hands. You don’t need millions in states when the margin is one percent or less. By the time people figure it out votes are cast and the damage is done. Government doesn’t exactly move at light speed.
Both parties keep close track on voter registration numbers so any strange pattern would immediately be noticed.

offog

LE
It's like they've never heard of networked databases.
Funny that.

Not dealing with relatives who die on a daily basis I came up against this two years ago when my mother died. My sister and I went to register her death and the registrar asked would we like to use the government system to inform every one else. This removed the need to cancel her driving licence, let the tax office know, cancel her NHS number and social security number and many more as all these data bases are linked.

we only needed half a dozen copies of her death to cover any people who were not linked to the system.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I think I meet Bravo_Bravo about 13 years ago. If he is who I think he is, then I liked him. He is a stand up bloke.

Iffy elections and accusations of cheating are nothing new in the US. Life will rumble on until credible proof is given. Time has run out for Trump, if he knew the Dominion systems where suspect (like the Dems accused in 2018 mid terms),;then he should have done something about it back then.

Would that have been the infamous Arrse Crawl that resulted in some spectacular handbagging in the original Cocks & Knobbers thread in the days and weeks that followed?

ABNredleg

War Hero
It would be flagged and investigated by Sec Of State. If the election had already taken place the campaign would go to court to block certification of the election. Much like Trump is trying to do now, but this time with evidence.

The is no mechanism to do such an audit - elections are the responsibility of the states and they all do them different.

As for turnout, it was very high and Biden will end up with over 80 million votes (Trump had 63 million in 2016). The missing wave was in part due to poor polling (ie. there never was a huge blue wave), plus the GOP did an excellent job of registering low propensity voters.

No mechanism?
Surely each state has a procedure for validating their electoral register?
After all, every two years there seems to be a news story about electoral registers being scrubbed and lots of poor (mostly BAME) Americans losing out on a chance to vote or legal action being taken to get them back on the register. This would imply that there is a way of validating the States electoral registers?
It will take a long time, but could be done.

The same applies for the other steps in the GE process. The mechanism exists to do an audit, but it will take time and money.... and the risk of unearthing some embarrassing cock ups.

Refusing to do a full audit leaves you open to accusations of skulduggery and conspiracy theories run rampant, and that is all Trump needs to mare Biden's Administration.

I would bet that most states already validated their electoral registers prior to the GE, so the majority of the audit is already done

bentobox

Old-Salt
From todays ABC news website:

"The top General Services Administration official who's blocking President-elect Joe Biden's transition team from accessing government resources ahead of his inauguration appears to be looking for a new job, according to a message obtained by ABC News.

Emily Murphy, head of the GSA, recently sent that message to an associate inquiring about employment opportunities in 2021, a move that some in Washington interpreted as at least tacitly acknowledging that the current administration soon will be gone."

ABNredleg

War Hero
No mechanism?
Surely each state has a procedure for validating their electoral register?
After all, every two years there seems to be a news story about electoral registers being scrubbed and lots of poor (mostly BAME) Americans losing out on a chance to vote or legal action being taken to get them back on the register. This would imply that there is a way of validating the States electoral registers?
It will take a long time, but could be done.

The same applies for the other steps in the GE process. The mechanism exists to do an audit, but it will take time and money.... and the risk of unearthing some embarrassing cock ups.

Refusing to do a full audit leaves you open to accusations of skulduggery and conspiracy theories run rampant, and that is all Trump needs to mare Biden's Administration.

I would bet that most states already validated their electoral registers prior to the GE, so the majority of the audit is already done
Every state does audits after an election to ensure procedures were followed and identify weaknesses. Registration rolls are audited on a regular basis and inactive voters are purged annually.

Last edited:

Oh Dear.​

Supreme Court declines to take action on Trump’s Pennsylvania appeal prior to certification of Biden win.​

The Trump campaign had hoped that the Supreme Court would hear the case prior to Pennsylvania’s certification of the 2020 election.

But on Monday, the court’s regular order list for its November 20 conference did not include any action on the case.

The court could take action at its December 4 conference, which is after Pennsylvania’s November 23 deadline for counties to certify the election.

Would that have been the infamous Arrse Crawl that resulted in some spectacular handbagging in the original Cocks & Knobbers thread in the days and weeks that followed?

No, I missed out on that one. I think our paths briefly crossed while in the TA.

Latest Threads