Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

As you say it needs a maverick to turn it on its head. IMHO the best first step would be to bring in pricing regulation for pharma and medical care. There was a local article here a few months ago that showed the price range of a basic MRI with a selection of the various providers. The price ranged somewhere from around $1500 to $6500 for exactly the same thing, and the punter is blindly trusting of the medical providers............cos they care don't they. Bolleaux, all they care about is how much money they make.
To give an example, in Australia Pharmacies have to charge above the minimum cost for medications. So if I need some form of daily medication, the minimum cost for that may be $10 but the pharmacy can charge what they want above that as profit. About ten years ago a specific branch of pharmacies started off bulk purchasing and then charging not much over the minimum, word got around, and all of a sudden instead of having to drive an hour to the nearest store they have two within five minutes of my house. Capitalism at work?

You can even get pharmacies to price match other pharmacies, if the one I usually go to is charging $15 dollars for prescription medication, but the one next to my doctors practice is charging $20, I can go into the one next to the doctor and ask them to price match the $15 price and they will do.

As for MRIs, CT scan etc, we have a number of providers with offices all round the city. Phone them up, make an appointment, turn up, provide your insurance details and pay any excess and bob's your mothers brother. The last time I twisted my back I saw the doctor at 11:00, had a scan at 14:30, and had the prelim results as I left the scan.

Today, the Trumpenfuhrer spent the day at his golf club,
Playing golf on the Governments dime while thousands die.

Congrats, now you get to pay for those rights weather you use them or not.

You're spot on bro, fcuk those losers who don't plan their cardiac arrests and fractures like us smarterer people do. Capitalism 1 spontaneous illness 0.

Congrats, now you get to pay for those rights weather you use them or not.

p.s. that is perhaps the stupidest fcking thing anyone has ever posted on this website, and I include the pte Mike Golden walting saga in that. What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point, in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no arrse points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

p.s. that is perhaps the stupidest fcking thing anyone has ever posted on this website, and I include the pte Mike Golden walting saga in that. What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point, in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no arrse points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Well your IQ seems to remain unchanged. But whale shit looks like a shooting star in your world.

To give an example, in Australia Pharmacies have to charge above the minimum cost for medications. So if I need some form of daily medication, the minimum cost for that may be $10 but the pharmacy can charge what they want above that as profit. About ten years ago a specific branch of pharmacies started off bulk purchasing and then charging not much over the minimum, word got around, and all of a sudden instead of having to drive an hour to the nearest store they have two within five minutes of my house. Capitalism at work?

You can even get pharmacies to price match other pharmacies, if the one I usually go to is charging $15 dollars for prescription medication, but the one next to my doctors practice is charging $20, I can go into the one next to the doctor and ask them to price match the $15 price and they will do.

As for MRIs, CT scan etc, we have a number of providers with offices all round the city. Phone them up, make an appointment, turn up, provide your insurance details and pay any excess and bob's your mothers brother. The last time I twisted my back I saw the doctor at 11:00, had a scan at 14:30, and had the prelim results as I left the scan.

I read an article about epi pens in the USA recently. They sell them in pairs, only in pairs, at something like $450 for the pair.

In Canada they charge $69.

In Mexico the Doc will give you a vial of epi and a syringe/needle combo. The vial of epi costs around 50cents.

========================

I have no objection to the speed of service, the quality leaves a bit to be desired at times, but the cost is outrageous. Some 30 million people cannot afford insurance, then the insurers want to preclude pre-existing conditions so some people are marginalised and unable to get decent insurance and care. It is the last bastion of cash before care in medicine.

Spastic who pays hundreds to thousands per month to a private corporation for health insurance who will still charge him an excess fee at point of service tries to banter off Brits who will get £100,000 worth of surgery should they need it the second they need it, for free. I could be in my GPs lovely thatched cottage, genuine tudor era building Monday at 0845 and be seen in minutes, no appointment, just walk in. I could walk into A&E this second with an emergency and get sorted out by 35 years experience expert consultants for free. Last time I was in following an unfortunate disagreement between one of my metacarpals, a heavy mdf bath surround and a dodgy hanging bracket, I was in and out in 45 mins and they made me a brew. This is a few hundred quid in NI a month which also will pay for my state pension when I retire, on top of my private one. If you're not in work you don't pay for the NHS. It's actually significantly cheaper per capita than the disaster in the USA. The septics try to banter it off. One joey above just said "and you will pay heavily' [for those rights to free healthcare] despite the fact that we pay less. Mongery abounds.

Seppos who defend the ludicrous state of shite healthcare provision in their mental country can only be seen one way.

1606003715453.png

Last edited:
Spastic who pays hundreds to thousands per month to a private corporation for health insurance who will still charge him an excess fee at point of service tries to banter off Brits who will get £100,000 worth of surgery should they need it the second they need it, for free. I could be in my GPs lovely thatched cottage, genuine tudor era building Monday at 0845 and be seen in minutes, no appointment, just walk in. I could walk into A&E this second with an emergency and get sorted out by 25 year expert consultants for free. This is a few hundred quid in NI a month which also will pay for my state pension when I retire, on top of my private one. If you're not in work you don't pay for the NHS. It's actually significantly cheaper per capita than the disaster in the USA. The septics try to banter it off. One joey above just said "and you will pay heavily' [for those rights to free healthcare] despite the fact that we pay less. Mongery abounds.
Can you change your coverage options, and reduce your monthly tax contribution to the system? I can at least pay for the level of use we need. Come January I will pay 6 bucks a month for the family, out of pocket.

I will stick to whisky drinking.
I used to build Russian armor and stage it on our parade ground for our Anti Tank gunners to use looking through the Dragon sights (ID scaled rangefinding, etc.). Add in the odd NATO or US vehicle for IFF training as well. I also made them for our Division museums displays at Fort Hood.

Can you change your coverage options, and reduce your monthly tax contribution to the system? I can at least pay for the level of use we need. Come January I will pay 6 bucks a month for the family, out of pocket.

And when someone develops a serious illness on that reduced coverage, which is immediately seen as a pre-existing condition over in crazy world, how successfully do you think you'll be able to get better coverage again that will pay for it to be sorted properly without getting bummed?

There's a reason every bugger else in the developed world has universal coverage. They're not full of 'fcuk you, I got mine' nutcases who want to pay more for less and don't give a shit that their countrymen go bankrupt every day of the year for the crime of getting cancer.

1606004217256.png

And when someone develops a serious illness on that reduced coverage, which is immediately seen as a pre-existing condition over in crazy world, how successfully do you think you'll be able to get better coverage again that will pay for it to be sorted properly without getting bummed?

There's a reason every bugger else in the developed world has universal coverage. They're not full of 'fcuk you, I got mine' nutcases who want to pay more for less and don't give a shit that their countrymen go bankrupt every day of the year for the crime of getting cancer.

View attachment 522577
It would help if you kept up with the changes instead of living in the past.

Obama care had a few decent mandates.

But at the same time one has to make sure welfare state does not go overboard. Everybody should have a stake in the system so the takers don’t outnumber the makers.

If you get cancer because you smoke 20 packs a day and eat 5,000 calories I am not going to feel sympathetic for you. You make your choices you take your chances like everybody else. Your system comes off as abused entitlement by a growing welfare class who expect the state to provide them with with everything. Cradle to the grave .

offog

LE
Spastic who pays hundreds to thousands per month to a private corporation for health insurance who will still charge him an excess fee at point of service tries to banter off Brits who will get £100,000 worth of surgery should they need it the second they need it, for free. I could be in my GPs lovely thatched cottage, genuine tudor era building Monday at 0845 and be seen in minutes, no appointment, just walk in. I could walk into A&E this second with an emergency and get sorted out by 35 years experience expert consultants for free. Last time I was in following an unfortunate disagreement between one of my metacarpals, a heavy mdf bath surround and a dodgy hanging bracket, I was in and out in 45 mins and they made me a brew. This is a few hundred quid in NI a month which also will pay for my state pension when I retire, on top of my private one. If you're not in work you don't pay for the NHS. It's actually significantly cheaper per capita than the disaster in the USA. The septics try to banter it off. One joey above just said "and you will pay heavily' [for those rights to free healthcare] despite the fact that we pay less. Mongery abounds.

Seppos who defend the ludicrous state of shite healthcare provision in their mental country can only be seen one way.

View attachment 522575
Out of interest I just looked up the drug I am on. Candesartan, in the UK the price is £2.30 in the US it's $72.75.

Cost to me 0.

Latest Threads