Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

On the US, both sides of the divide are complicit in abuse, but I've never seen a winner like Trump be cast as illegitimate by the mainstream media, before even his presidency had started and that was an escalation too far, in my view and the repercussions will last for decades.

IF Biden wins, what we will see is CNN and many others, talking up the healing of the divide in the US and the pressure on the Republicans, to restore the party to RINO control will be very heavy, but fail miserably, because the republican vote is now a block at odds with the mainstream and when Biden fails, either mentally or politically and the grand anti-trump alliance collapses, you may not like the future, as Trump at heart was always a lot less ideological and was progressive on most of his policies.
Think you've duffed the quote, mate.

I find Bidens campaign astonishingly negative, because every other sentence is about Trump and he has no direction other than removing Trump and then cranking up the money presses.

What worries me most, is China growing in ascendency and will absolutely love an indebted US inwardly divided and desperate to stimulate any growth, so a return to international trade and the US real economy will continue to weaken.
Because 45 is in no way obsessed with Biden.

Every speech lately.

MRI can vary from $750 to $6000 depending on which insurer you have and which provider you go to.

Very true indeed. With the insurance I have which covers both herself and I, a visit to the doctors office will cost me $15. I had an MRI scan last October, the out of pocket cost to me was $35. Our yearly deductible is $200.

Very true indeed. With the insurance I have which covers both herself and I, a visit to the doctors office will cost me $15. I had an MRI scan last October, the out of pocket cost to me was $35. Our yearly deductible is $200.
Cost at point of delivery of those here is £nil.

Cost at point of delivery of those here is £nil.

@Sam The Bam is actually very fortunate as having been a State employee he will benefit from a State bought insurance policy. Those types of policy like many of the Federal policies are more or less as close to the NHS as you can get in terms of how cheap they are - yes, given, the NHS is optically free, but it does come out of national insurance and income tax.

The corporately purchased insurance we get through my wifes employer costs the company $10,000 a year per employee.

we have to pay the first $1500 of any treatment per person up to a maximum of $3500 for our 4 person family.

Certain things the insurer pays 100%, other things we have to pay 20%. The 20%’s get rolled up into the $3500.

we had an incident 18 months ago where a medical admin transposed 2 numbers in one of the elements of the billing. That resulted in a bill for $24,000 being sent to us when it should have been paid by the insurer. It took till last month to sort out; letters, phone calls, appeals. Just because some dim medical admin did a shit job.

it needs shaking up from the bottom to the top and sideways.

it needs shaking up from the bottom to the top and sideways

I completely agree, even just trying to make heads or tails of the explanation of benefits that the insurers send out these days can leave one thinking wtf is this all about.

Last edited:
If the rich Feck off?

There was a distinct problem of that in the 70’s when the top tax band was in the order of 90%.

Common sense prevailed and the top tax bands were dropped. Now, tax evasion* on masse by the rich isn’t a significant problem now. So much so that if a celebrity gets caught doing it then it will make national TV.

* Avoidance is different of course. That’s what people pay accountants for.

On polling;
Not much to report as Trumps polling aggregate is down a point to 44 points(registered and likely voters) and presidential approval rating(registered voters) is stuck on 45 points(270towin).... One interesting point to note, is Morning Consult a more left leaning pollster, has had trump approval jump six points to 45 approval.

I think the democrats have started to sweat, why else would Biden visit Minnesota. The reason is:-
1. Presidential approval is clearly on the rise and if it hits 47, then Biden would probably lose the election.
2. The polling is underestimating Trumps vote by at least 2 points and if his approval rises, the polling will rise as the approval is based on registered voters and that comes straight out of bidens number.
3. The low propensity vote especially black showed up in 2018, for the democrats as turnout was up. The other side, haven't had that swing for an age, because RINOs don't motivate the deplorables, but I am expecting them to show up in numbers.

Last edited:

endure

GCM
There was a distinct problem of that in the 70’s when the top tax band was in the order of 90%.

Common sense prevailed and the top tax bands were dropped. Now, tax evasion* on masse by the rich isn’t a significant problem now. So much so that if a celebrity gets caught doing it then it will make national TV.

* Avoidance is different of course. That’s what people pay accountants for.
It's also what they have pension plans and ISAs for...

Now while not really knowing how the UK taxation system works these days, that doesn't always seem to be the case mate if the article in the link below is anything to go by.

A progressive tax means you pay proportionately more as your income increases. This is done by minimum thresholds and tax bands.

A regressive tax (like VAT) is paid by everyone and so poorer people pay more tax because they have to spend proportionately more of their income. If you’re earning $400k plus a year an increase on a higher level income tax band might mean you have to put off upgrading your yacht. If you’re earning $40k a year, a small increase in VAT has a big effect on you.

A progressive tax means you pay proportionately more as your income increases. This is done by minimum thresholds and tax bands.

A regressive tax (like VAT) is paid by everyone and so poorer people pay more tax because they have to spend proportionately more of their income. If you’re earning $400k plus a year an increase on a higher level income tax band might mean you have to put off upgrading your yacht. If you’re earning $40k a year, a small increase in VAT has a big effect on you.

As I said Bob, what I know about UK tax wouldn't cover the back of a postage stamp. I do know that the rich over here manage to pay a lot less tax than they should due to hiring very expensive accountants. I'm thinking that it is much the same the world over, the UK included.

Latest Threads