Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

On the Election;
IF anyone is interested and anyone is thinking about a simple factor to give a hint for the result, you could do worse than look at the Presidential Job Approval Rating..... Not to bore people with the numbers, but incumbent Presidents generally pickup points on top of the average.

e.g.
Obama - approval rating of 47% and won the election on 51%.
George W Bush - approval rating of 49% and won the election on 51%.
Trump - current approval rating of 45%.
Unlike you to be so selective. <comedy straight face>
1604084382145.png

That''ll be a source above

Attachments

• 1604084299898.png
    1604084299898.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
It was simply an observation.. Takes you, to make it into another point to argue uselessly over. Lets just leave it at the virus turning up, turned the election on its head i.e. in February, his approval rating was 46% and he was polling 45% and the polling in particular, have seriously struggled to gauge Likely Voters ever since.
It was a statement; I queried it because it looked to be totally inaccurate.

Mostly because it was.

It is reported that Bloomberg is giving a helping hand to Biden and has put down $12m this week to pay for extra advertising on the telly in Texarrse, and I believe Florida.

Call me cynical: Having been ousted in his bid for the Democratic nomination, I in my humble opinion, reckon Bloomberg is buying his seat on Bidens cabinet.

Last edited:
Then you'll know what he means...not talking about your good self of course....or maybe you match the returns, dunno:

But that survey has nothing to do with the acceptance or rejection a transgender might face in areas of the country. Nor do some people understand the Libertarian nature in some parts of the country. Where people might not agree with your lifestyle choices, but are not going to go Matthew Shepard on you either. Those progressive blue parts of the country can also be bastions of intolerance that seem to catch people off guard, while the anti woke bigots in smallville won't hurt a fly nor go out of their way to harass people either. I would imagine your white transgender female might have a rougher go at BLM march then say with the Oath Keepers.

But that survey has nothing to do with the acceptance or rejection a transgender might face in areas of the country. Nor do some people understand the Libertarian nature in some parts of the country. Where people might not agree with your lifestyle choices, but are not going to go Matthew Shepard on you either. Those progressive blue parts of the country can also be bastions of intolerance that seem to catch people off guard, while the anti woke bigots in smallville won't hurt a fly nor go out of their way to harass people either. I would imagine your white transgender female might have a rougher go at BLM march then say with the Oath Keepers.
Acknowledged that not everywhere is the same and that different states will be more or less tolerant all round but it doesn't make any difference on the overall figures.

Acknowledged that not everywhere is the same and that different states will be more or less tolerant all round but it doesn't make any difference on the overall figures.
The overall figures only measure beliefs based on a few questions, not the likelihood of getting the tar beat out of you or being discriminated against.

The question of Transgenders in the military is an issue that sharply divides both sides of the spectrum. But it has nothing to do with bigotry.

It was a statement; I queried it because it looked to be totally inaccurate.

Mostly because it was.
I will post the stats again, in even plainer language just for you:-
*Past form: NO incumbent President has ever had a final result, below his approval rating.
February 2020: Trump had an approval rating of 46% and was polling 45%.
Covid hit in March/April.... Trump had an approval rating which dropped four points 41% and polling at 39%.
Today: Trump has an approval rating of 45%(realclearpolitics) and his polling is flip flopping between 43-45%.

*Past form: NO incumbent President has ever had a final result, below his approval rating.
Covid hit in March/April.... Trump had an approval rating which dropped four points 41% and polling at 39%.
Today: Trump has an approval rating of 45%(realclearpolitics) and his polling is flip flopping between 43-45%.
Jolly good, but that doesn't get away from the fact you stated:

Fine with me... Covid has undermined all the polling and almost destroyed Trump's re-election.

offog

LE
It is reported that Bloomberg is giving a helping hand to Biden and has put down $12m this week to pay for extra advertising on the telly in Texarrse, and I believe Florida.

Call me cynical: Having been ousted in his bid for the Democratic nomination I, in my humble opinion, reckon Bloomberg is buying his seat on Bidens cabinet.
I have heard today that Harris is doing 3 extra Texas visits this weekend as Texas looks like it could swing.

Then you'll know what he means...not talking about your good self of course....or maybe you match the returns, dunno:

I bet most don't have a problem with it until you start peddling it on pre-teen minds, underage kids.
Who the **** decides that?
What sort of person "knows" what a child's mind wants or thinks.

I have heard today that Harris is doing 3 extra Texas visits this weekend as Texas looks like it could swing.

Possibly, it depends how dedicated Bubba, Cooda, and Billy Bob are to missing a morning of cooking up crystal meth, or moonshine and getting off to vote.

There has been a slow demographic shift in Texarrse in the last 5 years. It is boomtown here at the moment, has been for the last few years and is set to continue for the foreseeable future. With the cost of living in California, the overdue "big one", and the State catching fire every year individuals and corporates are bailing out big time. In the main they are coming to Texarrse where for what they get for their 2 up 2 down California house they can buy a gin palace of a mansion here, and not be liable for any State income tax - so they are rolling in it. Toyota closed its operation in Irvine, California, and relocated the almost 3,000 staff and families to the Dallas area. It cost them a fortune and sent property prices here upwards.

If you were taken to Austin, Texas, blindfolded and then the blindfold was taken off you would think that you had been taken to Silicon Valley in California. Nearly all the large IT/IS/computer corporates have set up mirror HQ's in Austin, partly for the financial reasons, partly as the "big one" is overdue, partly because they cannot hire the staff in California as people starting out cannot afford to live there.

Basically, where Texas was once a safe Republican stronghold and would always be so, it has gradually changed with the democrats moving in from california. The boys club of the good ol' boys from Texas know this and are shitting themselves, because if the state does not go democrat this election, it most definately will when the next one comes around.

Possibly, it depends how dedicated Bubba, Cooda, and Billy Bob are to missing a morning of cooking up crystal meth, or moonshine and getting off to vote.

There has been a slow demographic shift in Texarrse in the last 5 years. It is boomtown here at the moment, has been for the last few years and is set to continue for the foreseeable future. With the cost of living in California, the overdue "big one", and the State catching fire every year individuals and corporates are bailing out big time. In the main they are coming to Texarrse where for what they get for their 2 up 2 down California house they can buy a gin palace of a mansion here, and not be liable for any State income tax - so they are rolling in it. Toyota closed its operation in Irvine, California, and relocated the almost 3,000 staff and families to the Dallas area. It cost them a fortune and sent property prices here upwards.

If you were taken to Austin, Texas, blindfolded and then the blindfold was taken off you would think that you had been taken to Silicon Valley in California. Nearly all the large IT/IS/computer corporates have set up mirror HQ's in Austin, partly for the financial reasons, partly as the "big one" is overdue, partly because they cannot hire the staff in California as people starting out cannot afford to live there.

Basically, where Texas was once a safe Republican stronghold and would always be so, it has gradually changed with the democrats moving in from california. The boys club of the good ol' boys from Texas know this and are shitting themselves, because if the state does not go democrat this election, it most definately will when the next one comes around.
And the other big democratic influx to turn Texas Purple - and its nothing to do with tech jobs. More likely the guys that mow the lawns and clean the mansions.

'The big one'? I would be surprised. Its social unrest, astronomical taxes, awful roads and traffic, liberal catch and release policies and housing costs that would make most weep.

But see my link...43.6 is the average right now isn't it?

And the other big democratic influx to turn Texas Purple - and its nothing to do with tech jobs. More likely the guys that mow the lawns and clean the mansions.

'The big one'? I would be surprised. Its social unrest, astronomical taxes, awful roads and traffic, liberal catch and release policies and housing costs that would make most weep.

The "big one", the earthquake, is why many of the tech corporates are moving here. It is part of their business continuity planning. Even the wifes company of 400 staff has its head office here in dallas, an office in Baja, and they are opening up another operation out on the islands in Montego Bay - she is looking forward to her inspection visits there.

The ones who mow the lawns here can't even speak english so I doubt if many of them will be going off to vote.

What will do it is the migrants from other states and the young first time voters who are at the forefront of changing attitudes - according to my in house experts ( the 17 year old and the 22 year old).

Latest Threads