Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

Taking out OBL was terrible? Really? Jeez - I know that @Goldbricker was upset that he was removed from the gene pool, but you as well?
Coal - The future is not fossil fuels.
Paris Accord - thinking about more than just yourself.
ACA - For many this was really, really good. For some, not so.
Just a small list of what he did and what went down during his two terms.

OBL departing was a good thing.

Fossil fuels allow the economy to grow and, and cheap energy is a good thing. So they are not dead yet, and woe be to the person who try’s to kill that industry.

Paris Accord was an executive over reach and would have never passed the Senate. The US can do things without international coalitions to worry about. Besides some of those Countries have some credibility problems and are not one to beholden to.

ACA for some it was really really good. For many not so much. It depends on your views on entitlements. Many people are poor here, of their own making. Do you have a societal duty to help them? Or just let them make their choices and deal with it?

Last edited:

offog

LE
The polls did get it fairly right last time. They gave Clinton a 3% lead and she got about 2.3% lead in the actual vote.
The electoral college votes gave it to Trump, though. (Only the fifth time that has happened).
So Biden could get a 5 or 6 percent lead in the popular vote but lose out on the electoral college votes (apparently only 2 states split the vote depending on the amount of popular votes, the other 48 give all their college votes to the winner regardless of a 51/49 split or whatever).
From looking at the polls it would seem last time Trump got a number of swing states by less than 1% and a number by less than 3%. Just overturning that very small lead will see Trump lose a lot of those college votes.

I doubt very much that President Biden is actually going to let the GOP still have it’s cake and eat it when he takes over.
I'm going to have great fun in about a week and a half - lapping up your salty tears :)
Biden will be back in his basement and have dementia doctors on hand, yesterday he thought he was running against "George" in the elections - what a retard.

So the GOP pull an opportunistic stroke and pack the Supreme Court defying their very own convention that that shouldn’t happen because a presidential election is imminent.

They then as expected lose the election And the winning democrat party are expected to fully accept the opportunistic political packing of the Supreme Court with another hard line republican minded judge as being perfectly fine. They are then expected to sit back and watch the Supreme Court begin to roll back various previous legal decisions based on a literal interpretation of the constitution and what it’s intentions were supposed to mean for American society when it was originally written a few hundred years ago.

I think that’s a bit like us saying that Queen Victoria got it right and those sodding kids had better get their arrses and their large chimney sweeping brushes back up those chimneys and get back to work for 16 hours a day six days a week.

I know we’re still expecting them to go hungry but that hopefully will change in the very near future.

I doubt very much that President Biden is actually going to let the GOP still have it’s cake and eat it when he takes over.
When a good portion of the country, views your party as hell bent to create one party rule which can never be challenged, it might be best not to confirm those thoughts. The SC has had 9 Justices since 1869. The Dems were outplayed and had 8 years to get RBG to step down. They didn’t and nature took it’s course.

Pack the court and it will be ignored and it will just speed up a divorce. So one has to be very careful about the backlash that will result.

You forget Obama had his nomination, but he didn’t control the Senate.

I'm going to have great fun in about a week and a half - lapping up your salty tears :)
Biden will be back in his basement and have dementia doctors on hand, yesterday he thought he was running against "George" in the elections - what a retard.

Yeah like a Mr Robertson’s Jam fan knows what‘s going to happen in this election.

You’d probably vote for Mussolini and think he was a sure fire winner if someone dug him up and stuck a red GOP rosette on his coat.

It would be interesting to hear how much of the US population you think are poor due to their own making?
I would love to have a percentage to give you.

But I do run an “ entitlement” program and every person it has a criminal history. Age ranges are from early 20’s to late 60’s, male and female etc.

But I can tell you the more time you spend in jail or prison, the less successful you will be in life. Nor will you garner much in the way of sympathy.

Yeah like a Mr Robertson’s Jam fan knows what‘s going to happen in this election.

You’d probably vote for Mussolini and think he was a sure fire winner if someone dug him up and stuck a red GOP rosette on his coat.
Haha, OK whatever you say - roll on 4th November so I can laugh at you.....I will redirect you to this post.

I see you're in denial, watch a Biden rally with tumbleweeds and him constantly messing up - the watch a Trump rally with the thousands of his supporters turning up......my eyes don't lie and either does common sense.
Trump is going to win by a Landslide :), another 4 years at least to wind up people like you - I can hardly wait to see the salt rivers flowing.

4 more years of "George" huh?

I would love to have a percentage to give you.

But I do run an “ entitlement” program and every person it has a criminal history. Age ranges are from early 20’s to late 60’s, male and female etc.

But I can tell you the more time you spend in jail or prison, the less successful you will be in life. Nor will you garner much in the way of sympathy.

That’s a correlation. Not necessarily a causal link there. There could be all sorts of confounding variables.

When a good portion of the country, views your party as hell bent to create one party rule which can never be challenged, it might be best not to confirm those thoughts. The SC has had 9 Justices since 1869. The Dems were outplayed and had 8 years to get RBG to step down. They didn’t and nature took it’s course.

Pack the court and it will be ignored and it will just speed up a divorce. So one has to be very careful about the backlash that will result.

You forget Obama had his nomination, but he didn’t control the Senate.

IMHO packing the SC will not be the right thing to do.

However what would perhaps be better would be to limit their term times.

I see you're in denial, watch a Biden rally with tumbleweeds and him constantly messing up - the watch a Trump rally with the thousands of his supporters turning up......my eyes don't lie and either does common sense.
You're too dim to realise that packing your supporters into a rally really isn't the act of a sane bloke.

Unless of course he wants them all dead?

Haha, OK whatever you say - roll on 4th November so I can laugh at you.....I will redirect you to this post.

Trump is going to win by a Landslide :), another 4 years at least to wind up people like you - I can hardly wait to see the salt rivers flowing.

Nope, I’m in the UK and I’d actually find it quite amusing if Trump did win because he does have enormous entertainment value as the POTUS but of course while it might brighten my day up on a daily basis watching that clown, the other side of the coin of course is that the POTUS is actually the very last person who should turning the American presidency into a Netflix comedy series.

The world is turning into a quite dangerous place and the world, not just the good old USA, yes the whole world needs a person in the job that can make a success of the job for all our sakes!

From looking at the polls it would seem last time Trump got a number of swing states by less than 1% and a number by less than 3%. Just overturning that very small lead will see Trump lose a lot of those college votes.
New York - Biden is up 2 points on Clintons 2016 result.
Massachutsetts - Biden is five points down on the polling average, from Clintons Result in 2016 (60%).
California - Biden is up 0.9% on Clintons 2016 result.
DC - Biden is three points down on average, from the clinton result.
Alaska - Trump is down thirteen points from his 2016 result.
Indiana - Trump is down six points from his 2016 result.
Arkansas - Trump is down four points from his 2016 result.
Most swing states - Trump is down by an average of 3%.

Statistically, its quite odd; that the Biden average is all over the place, where he is guaranteed to win, it should show a general consistency, just as Trump losses are consistent and heavier in red states, with a slightly smaller hit in swing states.

Some epic trolling by the House Judiciary Committee today and the lefty's are in meltdown.

Now the Judge Amy Coney Barrett has her place in the supreme court - they wished Hillary Clinton a happy birthday. Hohoho - I had a chuckle at that, I bet she was seething.

Maybe it's about time the Yanks did away with the ridiculous idea that the kind of justice you get is dependant on whatever twonk last occupied the Whitehouse long enough to stuff the supreme court with partisan judges. It's tin-pot dictatorship stuff.

Bear in mind also that if Coney Barrett was British with her about five years of actual practise she'd barely be considered a trained barrister let alone experienced enough to be a judge and certainly not an appeals or supreme court judge.

I do find it ironic that she's called Coney though, considering that she appears to breed like a rabbit.

New York - Biden is up 2 points on Clintons 2016 result.
Massachutsetts - Biden is five points down on the polling average, from Clintons Result in 2016 (60%).
California - Biden is up 0.9% on Clintons 2016 result.
DC - Biden is three points down on average, from the clinton result.
Alaska - Trump is down thirteen points from his 2016 result.
Indiana - Trump is down six points from his 2016 result.
Arkansas - Trump is down four points from his 2016 result.
Most swing states - Trump is down by an average of 3%.

Statistically, its quite odd; that the Biden average is all over the place, where he is guaranteed to win, it should show a general consistency, just as Trump losses are consistent and heavier in red states, with a slightly smaller hit in swing states.

**** knows how you come to that conclusion from the data you just posted.

The ‘average 3% down’ for Trump that you suggest is clearly enough to support @offog’s point.

The only place where your numbers look interesting in the way you suggest is the Massachusetts poll, but this could be simple ‘regression to the mean’ if Clinton’s result in 2016 is exceptionally high.

But of course this all depends on the source of your data; I mean, you couldn’t have cherry-picked it from a poll that you like, could you?

67F67B5A-60F1-4915-A893-36939327A743.jpeg

Latest Threads