Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

Dude, The US was bombing Libya when Obama was still in short pants, hell the US was bombing Libya back in 1986 or 87.
You cant possibly be so obtuse as to think that? by your "Logic" then We were in WW2 to still fight the Kaiser thanks to Wilson. this was ground units not F-111's and A-6 and F-14's

Try March 2011, just because you bomb someone once - doesn't mean you can't start another war years later.

Fair enough, but take a look back at the conflicts the US has been involved in, The Invasion of Grenada and the Bombing of Libya, both ordered by a Republican President. The Invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan, again both ordered by a Republican President.

When it comes to starting wars mate the Republicans aren't exactly whiter than snow. Hell it was even a Republican President that took the US into Vietnam.

You cant possibly be so obtuse as to think that? by your "Logic" then We were in WW2 to still fight the Kaiser thanks to Wilson. this was ground units not F-111's and A-6 and F-14's

No I am neither obtuse nor am I nieve and I certainly don't believe everything I read on the agenda driven internet. The fact of the matter is that since 1950, it has been Republican Presidents that have taken the US into just about every major conflict/war the US has been involved in.

Constitutional rights should be ignored for Emo? whoosh right over you

Guess you forgot the florida cop who shit himself rather than go defend the Children at
Stoneman Douglas school. A few teachers armed might have done like Assistant Principal Joel Myrick did in 97 when a shooter walked into his high school and shot 2 students. Myrick used his own .45 to stop and hold the shooter until police arrived.

If no one will defend the students from the perp what the holy phuc is wrong with armed teachers or staff members defending them?

Yep.

Of course you’re right.

What you need is more guns in America.

With such weak controls so that some nutter can off his mum and take her gun to school.

That’s really working for you.

It’s got to the point where mass school shootings don’t even make the news any more.

Fair enough, but take a look back at the conflicts the US has been involved in, The Invasion of Grenada and the Bombing of Libya, both ordered by a Republican President. The Invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan, again both ordered by a Republican President.

When it comes to starting wars mate the Republicans aren't exactly whiter than snow. Hell it was even a Republican President that took the US into Vietnam.
So what - that's not what was asked, what was asked:
Genuine question mate, which wars did Obama and Biden start? Beyond inheriting the Afghan and Iraq wars and the so called war on terror I can't think of any wars they started.

You got a reply and didn't like the answer and started waffling on about other stuff - get a grip dude, we all know you were trying to push a narrative, but it backfired on you.

Libya- US forces on the ground included JTACS, SEALS, USMC FAST out of Rota, USMC Raiders (Called SOCOM Marines then)

The Libyan conflict was UN sanctioned and involved SF from British, French, Italian and Jordanian special forces as well. That along with airstikes against ISIL's Libyan faction carried out by both the Royal Air Force and the US Air Force.
Syria- US forces included USSF, SFOD-D, JTACS, Rangers and even Mech Infantry National Guardsmen (30th BCT)

At it's height there was around 2,000 US Armed Forces personnel in Syria during the Obma presidency mainly as advisors and trainers. The majority of strikes were carried out by Air Forces. Also lets not forget here that President Trump is on record back in 2018 stating "Assad an “animal” and says there would be a “big price to pay” for resorting to outlawed weapons of mass destruction.

Uganda- US Special Forces were in 2011 LEADING combat missions against the LRA

Take a wee look at the US military involvement in Uganda, it dates back to before Obama was the President.

Look I am neither for the Republicans or the Democrats, I despise them both equally as I do most politicians. But spare me the whataboutery bullsh!t. When it comes to involving the United States in Armed conflicts one side is no better than the other.

Last edited:
You got a reply and didn't like the answer and started waffling on about other stuff - get a grip dude, we all know you were trying to push a narrative, but it backfired on you.

No that is not the case, you are the one that was harping on about Obama starting wars. I have no narrative to push for one side or the other. I just don't conveniently forget history to suit or push a political narrative or agenda.

I have made it quite clear on here a few times my thoughts on both sides of the political spectrum. Basically mate they are all self serving cnuts and I daresay that had President Obama done nothing over Syria, Iraq and Libya you would have been calling him out for doing nothing.

I'm certainly not the one that needs to get a grip here mate.

With such weak controls so that some nutter can off his mum and take her gun to school.

Nah Bob, his mothers inability to secure her firearms safely has nothing to do with gun control mate. That's a pretty weak argument.

At least with trump he didnt start any wars like Obama and Biden did.

Since Obama sent them there Yes
You know that "sending troops to an ongoing conflict" is not the same as "starting a war" don't you?

I don't think that you do. You're so blinded with hatred for Obama you can't even recognise the difference.

Pathetic.

You know that "sending troops to an ongoing conflict" is not the same as "starting a war" don't you?

I don't think that you do. You're so blinded with hatred for Obama you can't even recognise the difference.

Pathetic.
Obama will be remembered for many things. But not all of them were wonderful and many downright were just terrible.

ACA
Sequestration
Paris Accord
His war on coal
Taking out OBL
The pivot to the Pacific
Etc, etc

Positives and negatives depending on your personal views and experiences.

Pathetic.

Damn mate, you just ruined a good comeback with that post. I was biding my time to point out the obvious.

Obama will be remembered for many things. But not all of them were wonderful and many downright were just terrible.

ACA
Sequestration
Paris Accord
His war on coal
Taking out OBL
The pivot to the Pacific
Etc, etc

Positives and negatives depending on your personal views and experiences.

Obama did do a couple good things and as you say not so good things. The one thing that does stick in my craw though is declaration of a "more open government". How long did that last?.

Anyhow I've said my piece and have nothing further to add except that it isn't just FB and twitter that is full of conspiratorialoons. There are more than a couple on here as well.

Support and vote for whoever you want to give your vote to. Just keep in mind that once you have cast that vote, the one you voted for will cease giving a damn about you or your problems until the next election.

Obama did do a couple good things and as you say not so good things. The one thing that does stick in my craw though is declaration of a "more open government". How long did that last?.

Anyhow I've said my piece and have nothing further to add except that it isn't just FB and twitter that is full of conspiratorialoons. There are more than a couple on here as well.

Support and vote for whoever you want to give your vote to. Just keep in mind that once you have cast that vote, the one you voted for will cease giving a damn about you or your problems until the next election.
Which is what I count on. I would rather have the party that leaves us well alone to sort out our issues, then big brother who is here to “help”.

It is a time of heated emotions, and fear.
But when both sides feel like they are backed into a corner, both will lash out.

But Obama was guilty of rule by executive decree and hopefully the powers that be will see how when abused can lead to what we have now. But I also fear if one side wins they are going to take it as a mantle for payback, and will push to far. But the counter movement won’t be the Tea Party this time.

Pathetic.

Not as pathetic as Obama giving people "Hope" that it would all come to an end, I seem to recall him using the theme of the ending war to get into power.
Maybe he was busy with "other things"

One of them being 500+ drone strikes.

I have another one of barry's blunders which people seem to forget.

And he still didn't find the time stock the shelves afterwards.

I think his Martha's Vineyard, 35 acre property must contain no glass, because he is certainly throwing stones like a caveman while ignoring his own record, Biden too.

BigT

LE
No I don't. The big name news outlets in this country have always been politically biased in one form or another. They were like this while China was going through it's cultural revolution and long before the invention of the internet.

These days through the use of the internet they are able to bombard people with what passes for news 24 hours a day. Personally I try not to assume anything and prefer to wait and see how things pan out.

The problem as I see it is it is all down to agenda's. If that wasn't the case they would be going after Biden as hard as they went after Trump in order to show any kind of impartiality

The problem with the Hunter Biden story isn't so much about bias it's about provenance which seems more than a bit murky, the Fox News talking heads may mention it but their actual journalists who were the first that Rudy Giuliani and Steve Bannon went to kicked them into touch. I fact Rudy Giuliani said he then leaked it to the NY Post because he was worried other news outlets would spend too much time fact checking. It seems to be the latest big thing, like the Nunes memo, the unmasking controversy, Obama gate and the Durham Report, where did they go.

Remember the weeks prior to the 2018 mid-term elections when some sections of the media were screaming about the caravan of migrants at the border coming to rape your women folk, sell drugs to your kids and steal your jobs, funny how that all evaporated the day after. I suspect that come the 4th on November and regardless of the election outcome with the exception of of the internet people the Hunter biden Laptop story will be consigned to the bin of failed strategies.

BigT

LE
Which is what I count on. I would rather have the party that leaves us well alone to sort out our issues, then big brother who is here to “help”.

It is a time of heated emotions, and fear.
But when both sides feel like they are backed into a corner, both will lash out.

But Obama was guilty of rule by executive decree and hopefully the powers that be will see how when abused can lead to what we have now. But I also fear if one side wins they are going to take it as a mantle for payback, and will push to far. But the counter movement won’t be the Tea Party this time.

Funny how things like executive orders and national debt outraged Republicans when Obama was in office yet when Trump signs an executive order or spends money like a drunken sailor it's suddenly not a problem.

The problem with the Hunter Biden story isn't so much about bias it's about provenance which seems more than a bit murky, the Fox News talking heads may mention it but their actual journalists who were the first that Rudy Giuliani and Steve Bannon went to kicked them into touch. I fact Rudy Giuliani said he then leaked it to the NY Post because he was worried other news outlets would spend too much time fact checking. It seems to be the latest big thing, like the Nunes memo, the unmasking controversy, Obama gate and the Durham Report, where did they go.

Remember the weeks prior to the 2018 mid-term elections when some sections of the media were screaming about the caravan of migrants at the border coming to rape your women folk, sell drugs to your kids and steal your jobs, funny how that all evaporated the day after. I suspect that come the 4th on November and regardless of the election outcome with the exception of of the internet people the Hunter biden Laptop story will be consigned to the bin of failed strategies.

TBH mate I really couldn't give a damn about the Biden story. It's all more of the same sh1t different election and candidates is all.

If any President or politician was serious about draining the swamp that is Washington DC then the smart move would be to start pushing for term limits for the self serving twats that infect both the House and the Senate.

Some of those people have had their nose in the trough for decades.