Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

Yep no argument from me on that one. As you say people here know a vote for Biden is a vote for Harris but they will vote for Biden anyway.
Yes and getting rid of that Trump will be great, until they start paying 4 dollars plus for gas (petrol), their heating bills skyrocket, and their children can't leave the basement because that magical $15.00 dollar an hour minimum wage means employers will hire fewer people, and wont take chances on the youth preferring to hire older more reliable workers or automate as much as possible. I will laugh if he does get in and his East and West Coast supporters get hammered by his tax plans, as 400K ain't much in California, New York, and Jersey.

Do you think it's not a far stretch to assume our media have been victims to Chinese "BGY" influence programs?

No I don't. The big name news outlets in this country have always been politically biased in one form or another. They were like this while China was going through it's cultural revolution and long before the invention of the internet.

These days through the use of the internet they are able to bombard people with what passes for news 24 hours a day. Personally I try not to assume anything and prefer to wait and see how things pan out.

The problem as I see it is it is all down to agenda's. If that wasn't the case they would be going after Biden as hard as they went after Trump in order to show any kind of impartiality

Yes and getting rid of that Trump will be great, until they start paying 4 dollars plus for gas (petrol), their heating bills skyrocket, and their children can't leave the basement because that magical $15.00 dollar an hour minimum wage means employers will hire fewer people, and wont take chances on the youth preferring to hire older more reliable workers or automate as much as possible. I will laugh if he does get in and his East and West Coast supporters get hammered by his tax plans, as 400K ain't much in California, New York, and Jersey.
We take your useless Identity politics to pollute our politics, but will have the satisfaction of giving you back the EU Renewable Obligation...... Within three years you will be spending Billions on Subsidies for renewable energy and the Bills will likely as not have doubled.

I'll just leave this here. :)

Could have left it here

Capture.PNG

:D

We take your useless Identity politics to pollute our politics, but will have the satisfaction of giving you back the EU Renewable Obligation...... Within three years you will be spending Billions on Subsidies for renewable energy and the Bills will likely as not have doubled.
Possible, depends on what happens.

Trump could win and lose the senate then we have blissful stalemate and the checks and balances play out and nobody implements anything really radical.

Biden could win and the Senate remains in the GOP, in which case his agenda is checked.

Biden then has to decide if the filibuster is worth destroying and then opening up Pandora's box and the conflict that will come from that.

Biden wins and has the House and Senate. The Dem's go overboard and then have the problem of passing laws whilst having 20 plus states refuse to enforce them and then having some civil unrest issues from the side of the country that is not about to accept an agenda they hate. Remember the Dem's have changed from the party that campaigned on the 40 hour work week, and Social Security to SJW woke party of gender norms and pandering to illegals etc. The Obama years bring some very vivid and not prosperous memories back, repeating that is not something to relish.

Possible, depends on what happens.

Trump could win and lose the senate then we have blissful stalemate and the checks and balances play out and nobody implements anything really radical.

Biden could win and the Senate remains in the GOP, in which case his agenda is checked.

Biden then has to decide if the filibuster is worth destroying and then opening up Pandora's box and the conflict that will come from that.

Biden wins and has the House and Senate. The Dem's go overboard and then have the problem of passing laws whilst having 20 plus states refuse to enforce them and then having some civil unrest issues from the side of the country that is not about to accept an agenda they hate. Remember the Dem's have changed from the party that campaigned on the 40 hour work week, and Social Security to SJW woke party of gender norms and pandering to illegals etc. The Obama years bring some very vivid and not prosperous memories back, repeating that is not something to relish.
Gods I do envy the American system. You have enough checks and balances to hamstrung any government and its media allies, from doing whatever they're damn well please.... In the UK and most of Europe its pick your shade of red.

Gods I do envy the American system. You have enough checks and balances to hamstrung any government and its media allies, from doing whatever they're damn well please.... In the UK and most of Europe its pick your shade of red.
That was what the founders wanted. If one group gains permanent power and runs roughshod over the other people who don't believe in the same things, nastiness tends to happen.

But then we will have the detractors complain about the EC and how large states with small population's are the minority that dictate to others thousands of miles away. Which is somehow worse then the country fragmenting into say 4 different entities and then cutting off all the water and power to California and severing the MSR's that bring the necessary resources to the big cities who are about 3 meals away from anarchy...

That was what the founders wanted. If one group gains permanent power and runs roughshod over the other people who don't believe in the same things, nastiness tends to happen.

But then we will have the detractors complain about the EC and how large states with small population's are the minority that dictate to others thousands of miles away. Which is somehow worse then the country fragmenting into say 4 different entities and then cutting off all the water and power to California and severing the MSR's that bring the necessary resources to the big cities who are about 3 meals away from anarchy...
Trump seems to have a personal agenda and its wealth driven. So he would appear to be a patriot, in the sense of making America great again, in terms of wealth creation... Biden has a personal agenda of power and beyond that, he is a professional politician and the wielding of power, in of itself seems his only real motivation and why people like him crave affection from other countries, as they're are surrounded by so many enemies at home (see tony blair).

I am a bit of a leveller and think we as Humans are all sovereign, anyone who wants to impose themselves on another human being, bloody better have a very good reason and not be driven by personal bias alone.

P.S.
Trumps base do not wish to force everyone to carry a firearm, or wear maga hats on your day off.
Bidens base hate this, hate that, hate the other and demand the law be changed to force people to change.

Trump seems to have a personal agenda and its wealth driven. So he would appear to be a patriot, in the sense of making America great again, in terms of wealth creation... Biden has a personal agenda of power and beyond that, he is a professional politician and the wielding of power, in of itself seems his only real motivation and why people like him crave affection from other countries, as they're are surrounded by so many enemies at home (see tony blair).

I am a bit of a leveller and think we as Humans are all sovereign, anyone who wants to impose themselves on another human being, bloody better have a very good reason and not be driven by personal bias alone.

P.S.
Trumps base do not wish to force everyone to carry a firearm, or wear maga hats on your day off.
Bidens base hate this, hate that, hate the other and demand the law be changed to force people to change.
Yes the other side wants to impose their views on people who disagree with them. They can’t leave well enough alone which is the problem. As mentioned you don’t want to own a gun, don’t buy one. But leave my rights alone. If you want to be a three gendered unicorn at home, go ahead. But leave your nonsense out of schools and the workplace. If you want to redistribute your wealth donate to charity. Don’t expect me to support another entitlement program for healthy working age adults. The list can go on and on.

I am prohibited from carrying on school grounds or in the office. Most of the time I remember that.

"In the workplace" also means other peoples work places. Shops, supermarkets, police stations, etc. etc.

Also, does "keeping your nonsense" out of the workplace mean that someone who identifes as something you don't like has to pretend to be a red-blooded, deer slaughtering, he-man so that you don't feel scared?

"In the workplace" also means other peoples work places. Shops, supermarkets, police stations, etc. etc.

Also, does "keeping your nonsense" out of the workplace mean that someone who identifes as something you don't like has to pretend to be a red-blooded, deer slaughtering, he-man so that you don't feel scared?
Rules are covered on where one can go armed and where one can’t. But it would be a damn foolish policy to ban firearms in stores. Especially here, as your customer base would drop significantly.

We haven’t had any cross dressers in the office at all. Nor anybody ultra woke to speak up enough. We did have an atheist or agnostic 40 something year old snow flake, who hated Christmas. So we just banned them from coming to our highly decorated section. But not all civil serpents are lefties and I think some people forget that.

Rules are covered on where one can go armed and where one can’t. But it would be a damn foolish policy to ban firearms in stores.

But you want to ban other peoples "nonsense" from the workplace. Only fair your nonsense is banned too.

We haven’t had any cross dressers in the office at all.

That's OK then.

We did have an atheist or agnostic 40 something year old snow flake, who hated Christmas. So we just banned them from coming to our highly decorated section.

Glad to see tolerance is still alive on your side of the divide.

One day you might notice that you too are a hyprocrite, but I won't hold my breath.

But you want to ban other peoples "nonsense" from the workplace. Only fair your nonsense is banned too.

That's OK then.

Glad to see tolerance is still alive on your side of the divide.

One day you might notice that you too are a hyprocrite, but I won't hold my breath.
Which is fine and dandy, I enjoy Christmas. The wonderful thing about working in a secluded area is that if you don’t belong in it, you are a distraction and can be told to go away.

You keep forgetting that not all parts of the country are battlegrounds.

But this is the tolerance you can expect from the other side.

Pepper spray , throwing rocks and eggs, assaulting people, and property destruction.