Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

If the US, under Biden, can become a trusted partner again in the international community then perhaps some short term pain may be worth a longer term gain.
I think it's pretty safe to say that the rest of the world will take a lot of convincing to trust the US again. Not because of Trump, but because of the unrest and the riots which the Dems have done nothing to stop. In times of national crisis both sides of the political divide tend to come together for the good of the country, but to all intents and purposes the outside view of the US is that the Dems have wanted it all to burn out of spite.

yeah, like driving a car into a crowd of protesters, or slotting two blokes with an AR15.
Seems both sides are even

Lefty Security guard slots trump guy
Lefty washington maniac slots unarmed Trump supporter

2 for 2

well go figure B2B rues a convicted rapist getting slotted, must hit home
I don't think our fellow forum members have a hardened social attitude against convicted felons. I could be wrong, but many seem to take the rehab approach first. Where as many of us would just hang our "winners" from the nearest tree or light pole and remove them from society at large.

I don't think our fellow forum members have a hardened social attitude against convicted felons. I could be wrong, but many seem to take the rehab approach first. Where as many of us would just hang our "winners" from the nearest tree or light pole and remove them from society at large.
I think any sex pests and murderers should be hung, drawn and quartered once they have completed their prison sentence, and con men and thieves should be forced to work for free until they have paid back every penny (plus compensation) that they stole from their victims.
I'm a 2 eyes for an eye type of guy. If someone does something bad - they should be punished in an equal manner + the same again to act as a deterrent. I've got zero problem with the death penalty, and I am happy that some countries still have it - especially for drug dealers/smugglers.

I think any sex pests and murderers should be hung, drawn and quartered once they have completed their prison sentence, and con men and thieves should be forced to work for free until they have paid back every penny (plus compensation) that they stole from their victims.
I'm a 2 eyes for an eye type of guy. If someone does something bad - they should be punished in an equal manner + the same again to act as a deterrent. I've got zero problem with the death penalty, and I am happy that some countries still have it - especially for drug dealers/smugglers.
This is where we differ with you spend thrift Liberals. We don’t send them to prison to complete a sentence... Waste of the taxpayers dollar.

I have a feeling people will vote with their wallets this year. There is a recession on and people want jobs to earn money to feed their families.
It is all very well for the middle class and upper class to say that the unemployed will have social security cheques, but I have yet to meet a worker who would willingly choose a sole cheque over pay cheque.
When it comes to feeding your family the environment and foreign policy can take a hike.
I stand by my previous prediction.

Trump won last time because he was not Hilary, not because he was a good choice. Biden will win this time, not because he is a great candidate or has good policies, but because he is not Trump.

Trump won last time because he was not Hilary, not because he was a good choice. Biden will win this time, not because he is a great candidate or has good policies, but because he is not Trump.

‘if in doubt, vote for the least worst option’

Last edited:

VERY Possible

happyuk

War Hero

And not because of massive voter fraud? There is a reason Barack Obama is urging people to vote by mail.

Not being Trump is Biden's biggest unique selling point. It will get him votes . . . but will not being Trump be enough to create jobs and get the economy back?

This is where we differ with you spend thrift Liberals. We don’t send them to prison to complete a sentence... Waste of the taxpayers dollar.
Ahhh, but! If you turn the prisons into work camps - where the prisoners are basically state slaves and are forced to work for free, you can end up making money from them instead of it costing money. Any prisoners refusing to work - torture for the day & no food, when they die - convert the bodies into fertilizer & use it for growing mushrooms or whatever.

Trump is more fitted to being el Presidente of a 4th rate banana Republic.
Trump is an awesome president, the best certainly for the USA at this point in time. I think the short amount of time he's been running the show - he's done a great job and am looking forward to another 4 years.
I will be lapping up the salty tears for the whole of November - I'll probably spend most of the month dehydrated as the remainer and democrat salt will be drawing the moisture from most of the sane people in the free world.

Not being Trump is Biden's biggest unique selling point. It will get him votes . . . but will not being Trump be enough to create jobs and get the economy back?
It worked in the mid-terms as a protest vote and works to some extent in the polling data. But voting against Trump the Man on personality alone, is the equivalent of banging your best friends wife, almost certainly very satisfying for a day or more and then at some point everything will blow up and you have nobody to blame but yourself.

I saw a great comment, I think it might have been Frank Luntz again, saying that what the undecideds he had worked with really wanted was Trump’s policies but with Bidens personality.

Bidens personality.
That's kind of Ironic as Biden is as corrupt as they come, and he's a racist & a liar. Biden doesn't have a good personality - he's a typical swamp dwelling scumbag. Next month he will be consigned to history and will disappear back into his basement for the rest of his days.

That's kind of Ironic as Biden is as corrupt as they come, and he's a racist & a liar. Biden doesn't have a good personality - he's a typical swamp dwelling scumbag. Next month he will be consigned to history and will disappear back into his basement for the rest of his days.

Well, indeed - Though Perhaps personableness might have been be a better word for me/Luntz to use than personality

In other news - interesting article from the BBC here. I wonder which way these people will vote: George Floyd death: A city pledged to abolish its police. Then what?

Latest Threads