Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

So there you go, a tale of two officials -

If Director Wray wants to keep his job, he should get on-message like Director of National Intelligence Ratcliffe

Ratcliffe readers of the Trump Universe may remember was dropped from the first time that he was attempted to be appointed as DNI

Being dumped once as unqualified was no bar however, and after a short interval, he then was appointed

The proven loyalty of selective declassification and announcements has proven the critical selector for service is just that; loyalty to Trump.

there is no obvious benefit to these disclosures beyond providing misinformed political fodder for Trump and his allies

But still, he enjoys the favour of the President. Presumbaly because he does what he is told? Unlike Wray

According to a Washington Post story on Wednesday, a key element of dissatisfaction stems from the fact that Wray has done essentially what former FBI Director James Comey did in 2016 — announce that there was an open investigation into his rival within weeks of Election Day, this year Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden. During a Sunday campaign rally, Trump spurred a rally to chant "lock him up" by playing on allegations of corruption and personal enrichment among the Biden family, a direct parallel to attacks he made against Hillary Clinton during 2016

Trump! Your attack dog is very stupid man!

14C5D457-BA23-4CE8-B8B6-17C44EE0A8E4.jpeg

offog

LE
So there you go, a tale of two officials -

If Director Wray wants to keep his job, he should get on-message like Director of National Intelligence Ratcliffe

Ratcliffe readers of the Trump Universe may remember was dropped from the first time that he was attempted to be appointed as DNI

Being dumped once as unqualified was no bar however, and after a short interval, he then was appointed

The proven loyalty of selective declassification and announcements has proven the critical selector for service is just that; loyalty to Trump.

But still, he enjoys the favour of the President. Presumbaly because he does what he is told? Unlike Wray

I think in that first part they are talking about two different things.

DNI is talking about disinformation about the parties and Wray is talking about the voting process. DNI is following Trump's lead and Wray is saying Trump is putting out disinformation. Trump's call for the last year or so has been that the voting process is being manipulated by the Dems and the intelligence agencies are saying that foreign agencies are sticking their noses in.

Thanks for posting that. It was an interesting debate.
It was interesting that Ling did not think the XLW did not pose the same level of risk of violence due to having less trained militias but skirted over the recent gradual increase of leftwing militias and an increase in gun ownership amongst the US left wing.
Online radicalisation does not need a large or medium structure like a militia, it just needs a radical with a violent objective and means to carry it out.

It would be interesting t find out how many XRW militia members or QAnon members have been jailed under the Trump adminstration.
The pundits in the RCMI presentation didn't seem to think that the far left were as much of a threat in terms of systematic, targetted, organised violence, but were well up to rioting and general arson. The latter however is something that can be handled by riot police, and happens now and again in the US anyway. One of them made the point that what would considered to be catastrophic riots in Canada and many other places would just be a bad weekend in the US.

The issue that seemed to concern them was what happens if a sort of sustained and organised violence which the Americans are not used to handling happens, then how well will the government handle it? The unknowns in that respect are from the far right, rather than the far left.

In general, they seemed to think the far left are already at the limit of the sort of disruption they are capable of, while the far right have resources and more motivated people they can draw on, but haven't really weighed in yet.

They do make the point however that regardless of how bad things are likely to get in the US, in 99% of the country people will still go to work every day and the economy will generally still function. For other countries the main issue would be supply chain disruption for any goods or services that originate in or pass through the US. In these cases countries should be looking to diversify their supply chains to give them alternatives in case of disruption in the US.

Mostly what these pundits were doing was raising "what if" scenarios to get people thinking. As they said, none of them had started off the year suspecting that they would be working from their basements due to a global pandemic. In the case of political disruption in the US, people should be thinking about contingencies.

As I said, it's a niche subject, and I thought it would be of interest to at most a few people with respect to the discussion about Q-anon and related matters.

The pundits in the RCMI presentation didn't seem to think that the far left were as much of a threat in terms of systematic, targetted, organised violence, but were well up to rioting and general arson. The latter however is something that can be handled by riot police, and happens now and again in the US anyway. One of them made the point that what would considered to be catastrophic riots in Canada and many other places would just be a bad weekend in the US.

The issue that seemed to concern them was what happens if a sort of sustained and organised violence which the Americans are not used to handling happens, then how well will the government handle it? The unknowns in that respect are from the far right, rather than the far left.

In general, they seemed to think the far left are already at the limit of the sort of disruption they are capable of, while the far right have resources and more motivated people they can draw on, but haven't really weighed in yet.

They do make the point however that regardless of how bad things are likely to get in the US, in 99% of the country people will still go to work every day and the economy will generally still function. For other countries the main issue would be supply chain disruption for any goods or services that originate in or pass through the US. In these cases countries should be looking to diversify their supply chains to give them alternatives in case of disruption in the US.

Mostly what these pundits were doing was raising "what if" scenarios to get people thinking. As they said, none of them had started off the year suspecting that they would be working from their basements due to a global pandemic. In the case of political disruption in the US, people should be thinking about contingencies.

As I said, it's a niche subject, and I thought it would be of interest to at most a few people with respect to the discussion about Q-anon and related matters.

It was a good debate and I appreciate you posting it.

I agree that the Right wing militias have the training and resources but are they willing to break federal law for political gain? I am not sure there would be enough members will to spend the rest of their lives in federal prison for Trump.

The XRW/Neo Nazis on the other hand have nothing to lose and everything to gain from running a successful terror campaign (using the guise of standing up for democracy to justify their actions). But they have always been a threat regardless of who is in the White House.

We have all seen the rise in left wing violence, and we can not exclude the shootings linked to Antifa, BLM and anarchist movements over that last year.
The NFAC is a new militia that has grown quickly and Antifa has its own armed cells (that have operated around the world). The left is tooling up and that can't be left out if the discussion.
If Trump wins would that act as a call to arms for left wing militia recruitment?

Crazies from QAnon are big risks right now and their point on political assassinations is real, but crazies are on the left too.

I think in that first part they are talking about two different things.

DNI is talking about disinformation about the parties and Wray is talking about the voting process. DNI is following Trump's lead and Wray is saying Trump is putting out disinformation. Trump's call for the last year or so has been that the voting process is being manipulated by the Dems and the intelligence agencies are saying that foreign agencies are sticking their noses in.

True, but I think firstly, that is lost on the public to be blunt.

I think that the debate has been infantalised on purpose as well, to a simple victim narrative for one team and a all power foreign influence operation on the other.

The relative lack of sophistication in the UK election system was mentioned as a defence in the report on Russian threat to the UK. You can't "hack" a pencil. Of course, the issue is the influence exerted regardsless of the security of the voting system. You don't need to hack the pencil.

What you do is hack and leak into the information ecosystem around the election in order to support a preferred candidate.

The issue is that a main threat to the current process is not that an external actor will do something (though they may be), the Americans are doing it to themselves. I mentioned earlier in the thread the use (abuse) of youth to spread information on their own social media platforms, in order to avoid bot-detection.

Having set a hare running, I imagine malicious actors can just watch the chaos now.

Talking of QAnon, what happened to the one that used to come on here? Not seen him for a while on this thread (not that it's a bad thing).

Looking forward to the debate tonight?

Question one, This goes to Vice President Biden - welcome, and thank you for dinner last night, now what’s your favourite flavour of ice cream?

Question two, to Hitler, sorry, I mean Donald - you have denounced the people’s front of judea , and the judean people’s popular front, but you still haven’t denounced the people’s popular front of judea . why are you such a racist?

True, but I think firstly, that is lost on the public to be blunt.

I think that the debate has been infantalised on purpose as well, to a simple victim narrative for one team and a all power foreign influence operation on the other.

The relative lack of sophistication in the UK election system was mentioned as a defence in the report on Russian threat to the UK. You can't "hack" a pencil. Of course, the issue is the influence exerted regardsless of the security of the voting system. You don't need to hack the pencil.

What you do is hack and leak into the information ecosystem around the election in order to support a preferred candidate.

The issue is that a main threat to the current process is not that an external actor will do something (though they may be), the Americans are doing it to themselves. I mentioned earlier in the thread the use (abuse) of youth to spread information on their own social media platforms, in order to avoid bot-detection.

Having set a hare running, I imagine malicious actors can just watch the chaos now.
You do seem of an enquiring mind and if you at least wanted to understand the other side of the hill, I can recommend: 'The Case For Trump' on youtube, made by spikedonline editorial team interviewing Daniel McCarthy.

I found it to be a pretty decent explanation of why perfectly sane people, have become so ideologically driven and have turned to a semi-charlatan like Trump and why even a charlatan seems a better choice, than the one recommended by so called experts.

happyuk

War Hero
Some of the stuff out there is just so brain-dead...

Yeah, he's not a lying, money-laundering, child trafficking traitor in the pay of China. It's the little things that count in close races like this.

A lot of people are awfully jumpy about this Biden stuff. It's almost like they're involv......nah.

No, you are deliberately misquoting. The full quote has a completely different meaning to the one you imply.

yawn, it's not like I have "Sadiq the Duplicitous" book of quotes on hand, I imagine if I did it would be a cross between Marx and Mao.

I was leaning in direction and still say you are nitpicking because it's all you have and all you are going to get.

Why not just get 17 year olds from outta State to rock up with AR15s?
Christ where were you when this all went down?

You sound like you read one article that was written before all the evidence came out?

Out of state is 20 mins down the road (in rural America that's a trip to the shops).
Kyle worked in Kenosha, indeed was cleaning graffiti and trashed business up that morning, off his own school too.

Skater boy was a convicted domestic abuser, "shoot me nigga" was a convicted nonce who got shot trying to take his weapon away and the "medic" with the pistol was a member of some far-left radical outfit trying to kill Kyle when he was down.

Antifa on the other hand was from the other coast and travelled specifically to Kenosha to burn down local business, all the footage and interviews are available online including the criminal records of the deceased and the police arrest reports.

Kyle 3 - Radical crusty criminals 0

There is a whole load of arrse posts discussing this, look them up and more importantly follow the legal outcome.

Some of the stuff out there is just so brain-dead...

Yeah, he's not a lying, money-laundering, child trafficking traitor in the pay of China. It's the little things that count in close races like this.

A lot of people are awfully jumpy about this Biden stuff. It's almost like they're involv......nah.

Well, it looks to be the opposite.

Face it, Biden and the DNC have been projecting their own crimes on Trump since 2016 and now it's coming to a head, The media are going to make one massive **** up soon that will make anybody defending them look a right idiot.
Cognitive dissonance is going to need a whole new descriptor.

The FBI had the laptop since 2019 and the only reason they are having to deal with it now is that a legal copy was made of the data they didn't know about, which was handed over to Rudi recently.
Now all the agencies are going on the record saying its not Russian...which tells me somebody at the FBI tried to cover it up in 2019 and the real culprits are soon going to be outed.

The FBI is in hot water over the FISA warrant abuse which led to illegal spying on Trump held up by a fake dossier (paid for by Hillary and Co) which fuelled 4 years of taxpayer investigation to turn up nothing but media spin on an unwitting public.
And then there is Ukraine.

This isn't going to go away, it's going to get worse because it's real.
I suspect many Democrats are going to wish they had never peddled fake Russian oppo research in 2016, a lot of which, the dirty details are slowly dripping, The Durham report is yet to be dropped..

Quid Pro Joe Biden is the epitome of the DC swamp.
Live by the sword, die by the sword Joe.

Oh no, Joe the Fibber strikes again, starring Kamala Chameleon, she can change her camo in the blink of a shutter.

Kama-Kama-kama-Kama-Kama-Chameleon....

That's what will assume power when old Nathee Pelothee gets that 25th Amdt adjusted ;)

RADICALS, RADICALS EVERYWHERE!

You do seem of an enquiring mind and if you at least wanted to understand the other side of the hill, I can recommend: 'The Case For Trump' on youtube, made by spikedonline editorial team interviewing Daniel McCarthy.

I found it to be a pretty decent explanation of why perfectly sane people, have become so ideologically driven and have turned to a semi-charlatan like Trump and why even a charlatan seems a better choice, than the one recommended by so called experts.

Oh I quite like reading everyone's stuff.

I was actually a bit disappointed by Devil's Bargain for example, as i was hoping for a deeper dive into Bannon's thinking.

It was a good debate and I appreciate you posting it.

I agree that the Right wing militias have the training and resources but are they willing to break federal law for political gain? I am not sure there would be enough members will to spend the rest of their lives in federal prison for Trump.

The XRW/Neo Nazis on the other hand have nothing to lose and everything to gain from running a successful terror campaign (using the guise of standing up for democracy to justify their actions). But they have always been a threat regardless of who is in the White House.

We have all seen the rise in left wing violence, and we can not exclude the shootings linked to Antifa, BLM and anarchist movements over that last year.
The NFAC is a new militia that has grown quickly and Antifa has its own armed cells (that have operated around the world). The left is tooling up and that can't be left out if the discussion.
If Trump wins would that act as a call to arms for left wing militia recruitment?

Crazies from QAnon are big risks right now and their point on political assassinations is real, but crazies are on the left too.

Qanan and political assasinations?
Can't find anything on that bit of news.

Care to share?

yawn, it's not like I have "Sadiq the Duplicitous" book of quotes on hand, I imagine if I did it would be a cross between Marx and Mao.

I was leaning in direction and still say you are nitpicking because it's all you have and all you are going to get.

Christ where were you when this all went down?

You sound like you read one article that was written before all the evidence came out?

Out of state is 20 mins down the road (in rural America that's a trip to the shops).
Kyle worked in Kenosha, indeed was cleaning graffiti and trashed business up that morning, off his own school too.

Skater boy was a convicted domestic abuser, "shoot me nigga" was a convicted nonce who got shot trying to take his weapon away and the "medic" with the pistol was a member of some far-left radical outfit trying to kill Kyle when he was down.

Antifa on the other hand was from the other coast and travelled specifically to Kenosha to burn down local business, all the footage and interviews are available online including the criminal records of the deceased and the police arrest reports.

Kyle 3 - Radical crusty criminals 0

There is a whole load of arrse posts discussing this, look them up and more importantly follow the legal outcome.
I didn't think anyone would bite quite *that* hard.

Thank you.

Latest Threads