Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

So after listening to bits of the last presidents speech on the radio, I want to pose a question to the group. Points will be deducted for the use of words like "tyrant" or "oppressive" and any persona insults hurled at the incumbent president.

The Democrats keep bringing up the fact that they want to regain "Democracy". In 25 words or less, exactly what form of "Democracy" has the US lost in the last four years that they feel they need to regain?

Answers on a post card or a sealed down envelope to the usual address.....

So after listening to bits of the last presidents speech on the radio, I want to pose a question to the group. Points will be deducted for the use of words like "tyrant" or "oppressive" and any persona insults hurled at the incumbent president.

The Democrats keep bringing up the fact that they want to regain "Democracy". In 25 words or less, exactly what form of "Democracy" has the US lost in the last four years that they feel they need to regain?

Unfortunately it sounds like one of those easy point scoring bits of rhetoric.

To oppose it is to be ‘undemocratic’.

A bit like ‘peace’ campaigners outside Greenham Common. Who can be anti-peace?

Or ‘pro-life’ campaigners arguing against abortion. Who can be ‘anti-life’? It’s why their opponents are ‘pro-choice’.

I expect far worse in the next 2 weeks. From both sides.

The media listen to intellectuals, those who represent the status quo and recognised the left as the rightful opposition. Add them all up and I doubt it comes close to 20% of the population and that sample is your democracy... Trump like Brexit, are existential reactions by the 80% who sit outside the tent.

Regain Democracy in 25 words:-
Remove Trump and we can return to the sanity of a liberal democracy, where the right people control the news agenda.

The media listen to intellectuals, those who represent the status quo and recognised the left as the rightful opposition. Add them all up and I doubt it comes close to 20% of the population and that sample is your democracy... Trump like Brexit, are existential reactions by the 80% who sit outside the tent.

Remove Trump and we can return to the sanity of a liberal democracy, where the right people control the news agenda.
You can almost hear the sarcasm dripping out of that last sentence, but I would suggest the "right" people are your "right" people, who seem to be in charge of the media at the moment which is why there is all this fuss about the left doing nothing but slagging off DJT.

You can almost hear the sarcasm dripping out of that last sentence, but I would suggest the "right" people are your "right" people, who seem to be in charge of the media at the moment which is why there is all this fuss about the left doing nothing but slagging off DJT.
Clinton called a section of the US as deplorables and by that inference, a body of admirables must exist and oddly, they're as a spectrum are united by Trump and stretch from John Bolton through McCain/Romney to Pelosi/AOC and the far left who want to bring it all down.

Brexit flushed out the same odd alliances which baffled much of our population for years, until finally presented with another clear choice and we voted again for Brexit.. I suppose they're aren't the same, but I just have the sense that the same thing is about to happen in the US.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

well, Billary lost, that's obviously un-Democrat-ic

Checking Deplorable's and Removing them from power, and reducing their influence to nothing.

Checking Deplorable's and Removing them from power, and reducing their influence to nothing.
Marx and Orwell came to different conclusions, but both were laser like in the identification of who the real enemies are...... You only have to look at the socio-economic backgrounds of the Weather Underground, Antifa and then compare those, with people who enter wall street, the legal profession, media and community politics masquerading as republican/democrat, lets call them the Blob.

Trump has one great similarity to Marius or less so Caesar, in that he was part of the club and the leaderless masses are generally denied representation, that does not follow the norms (why he is hated so much).. I find it most amusing people compare him to hitler, when in point of fact Hitler didn't win the election, he was given the job by the rightist side of the Blob, to the fury of the leftist side of the Blob, before they're could take power (delayed until 1945).

Rebooting Democracy so a genuine populism forces the Blob to accept the world as it is and not some grand experiment in creating utopias would be a start.

Facebook & Twitter allowed the fraudulent claim of Russian Collusion to dominate for 3 years. They could not abide the Hunter Biden news for a single day.
You actually believe that, don't you?

Astonishing.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Lost, even though she won three million more votes than Trump.
Yes, lost. Under the system in place, so thanks for acknowledging that.

The media tried to bury the story, Facebook deleted the story, Twitter literally tried to block the story

View attachment 512736

It no longer even matters if the allegations are true - the reaction of the establishment In trying to bury it is now the story of the election.

Is this the moment Trump won the election?

You can't even consider the possibility its being removed because its as fake as my war record, can you?