Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

Sometimes to much civilisation is a bad thing.

You really can be an idiot at times. I'm sure you are very familiar with hordes of angry screaming Iranians etc. burning and stamping on the US flag. They do it because they are primitive people for whom that sort of imagery and reasoning is used to rile crowds. Anyone in the US who gets angry at it, is in the same mindset as the angry hordes. Just consider that for a bit. Don't reply with some sort of defensive dismissal, actually think about it.

You really can be an idiot at times. I'm sure you are very familiar with hordes of angry screaming Iranians etc. burning and stamping on the US flag. They do it because they are primitive people for whom that sort of imagery and reasoning is used to rile crowds. Anyone in the US who gets angry at it, is in the same mindset as the angry hordes. Just consider that for a bit. Don't reply with some sort of defensive dismissal, actually think about it.
We can't all be Spock 100 percent of the time.
Granted I don't think Persians are primitive, they are however not as emotionally repressed as other folks. Yes watching people burn the Stars and Stripes does illicit emotions of anger and disgust. But why is it wrong to have those feelings when a person or a group of people disrespect a symbol that has much significance?

Granted I don't think Persians are primitive

Iranians and Persians are not the same thing. Tread carefully there.

Yes watching people burn the Stars and Stripes does illicit emotions of anger and disgust. But why is it wrong to have those feelings when a person or a group of people disrespect a symbol that has much significance?

You are entitled to think they are mongs. However, the symbol should not have "much significance". Again, stop and think, how does it actually affect you. The same stupid justification was only a few days ago used in France to justify murdering a teacher. Careful what you defend.

I would - as I explicitly explain - not be at all surprised to hear the black Republican vote is ‘regressing to the mean’.

What’s bolleaux is your ‘analysis’ of it.

I’m not stretching anything. You tried to claim the paper as evidence for that snowflake drivel you posted. The paper doesn’t support what you claimed of it.
But its not the mean ! as 538 stated the doubling of the black vote for Trump, was in the specific demographic 18-44, as it would need to be an average, or even distribution across all black demographics and that means the doubling is something other than the mean.

On research papers, I just thought it an interesting paper as it was focused on young people. But given your inability to debate, without constant recourse to bitch, I will leave it alone.

View attachment 513899

It's a legitimate method of disposal according to the flag code.

The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free. The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. ... No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform.

Pity more of your countrymen only get upset about the flag occasionally.

And there is no difference between the above method and this?

Erm, stream of consciousness? OK, maybe not.

If I was a Republican I'd be embarrassed, although to be fair despite the gaffes, the KGB pissing whores and Stormy Daniels FFS, he has actually delivered on a lot of campaign promises. Even so, the only thing that makes Trump look at all Presidential is the Democrats who've run against him...

Billary about to chow down on a Republican's firstborn:

View attachment 513891

Dead Man Rotting informing Bubba that he ain't black:

View attachment 513898

D'you see my point?
Trump won in 2016 thanks to his opponent really looking like a female equivelent of Dr Strangelove.
Trump will probably win in 2020, thanks to his opponents inability to actually have any fresh ideas and suspicions of those around him are enough to inject some fear.

Astonishing really, as Tulsi Gabbard for instance would have blown Trump out of the water.

Iranians and Persians are not the same thing. Tread carefully there.

You are entitled to think they are mongs. However, the symbol should not have "much significance". Again, stop and think, how does it actually affect you. The same stupid justification was only a few days ago used in France to justify murdering a teacher. Careful what you defend.
Persians are an ethnic group that make up a significant population of the country known as Iran. They are not Arabs or Kurds.

The Stars and Stripes are a big deal, and a very significant symbol. You might want to listen to the Star Spangled Banner again. There is no need to be cautious in defending the flag. I fly it almost every day of the week.
I would imagine if you grew up here and were exposed to the values people embrace in this part of the world, you might understand it a bit more.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Did the images below not anger you, @Drazyl ?

1603297899363.png
1603297956821.png

1603297979195.png
1603298022546.png

They certainly angered me. I suppose that means I'm some sort of primitive savage?

Symbols matter, especially to soldiers; to pretend they don't to assume some facade of moral and intellectual superiority over Americans is rather a shabby trick. Indeed, it reminds me of Orwell's view of English intellectuals:

"In left-wing circles it is always 
felt that there is something slightly disgraceful in being an Englishman 
and that it is a duty to snigger at every English institution, from horse 
racing to suet puddings. It is a strange fact, but it is unquestionably 
true that almost any English intellectual would feel more ashamed of 
standing to attention during ‘God save the King’ than of stealing from a 
poor box."

Probably not, though you never know.

The again he's not the narcissistic attention seeker, with a crush on autocrats, in charge who happens to have left a trail of dubious dealings.

Wonderful material for a TV expose.
You missed out "Oompa Loompa"

But its not the mean ! as 538 stated the doubling of the black vote for Trump, was in the specific demographic 18-44, as it would need to be an average, or even distribution across all black demographics and that means the doubling is something other than the mean.

On research papers, I just thought it an interesting paper as it was focused on young people. But given your inability to debate, without constant recourse to bitch, I will leave it alone.

Burble burble burble

Back-pedal

I think I’ve just about covered it.

Did the images below not anger you, @Drazyl ?

View attachment 513907 View attachment 513908

View attachment 513909 View attachment 513910

They certainly angered me. I suppose that means I'm some sort of primitive savage?

Symbols matter, especially to soldiers; to pretend they don't to assume some facade of moral and intellectual superiority over Americans is rather a shabby trick. Indeed, it reminds me of Orwell's view of English intellectuals:

"In left-wing circles it is always 
felt that there is something slightly disgraceful in being an Englishman 
and that it is a duty to snigger at every English institution, from horse 
racing to suet puddings. It is a strange fact, but it is unquestionably 
true that almost any English intellectual would feel more ashamed of 
standing to attention during ‘God save the King’ than of stealing from a 
poor box."

Slightly different situation to that being discussed, but OK:

I think he's an idiot and he's criminally damaging public property.

I'm not going to get all teary and angry that it's our flag he's burning rather than something else.

If he had brought his own Union flag to burn, I wouldn't give a toss.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Slightly different situation to that being discussed, but OK:

I think he's an idiot and he's criminally damaging public property.

I'm not going to get all teary and angry that it's our flag he's burning rather than something else.

If he had brought his own Union flag to burn, I wouldn't give a toss.
bold above: In that we differ, markedly. From your earlier post, you seem to believe that makes you superior, I disagree.

I was just reading that Rudi Giuliani (Ex NY mayor) has found evidence on Hunter Biden’s laptop of the guy having a naked (him) call with a 14 year old child and has submitted it to Portland PD. It doesn’t seem to have made news here yet.

The FBI have had that laptop since Dec 2019, they have only just now admitted to it.

View attachment 513899

It's a legitimate method of disposal according to the flag code.

The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free. The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. ... No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform.

Pity more of your countrymen only get upset about the flag occasionally.

And there is no difference between the above method and this?

Latest Threads