Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Genuinely, what is he going on about here.

Even in "context" it is just some sort of stream of gibberish

Erm, stream of consciousness? OK, maybe not.

If I was a Republican I'd be embarrassed, although to be fair despite the gaffes, the KGB pissing whores and Stormy Daniels FFS, he has actually delivered on a lot of campaign promises. Even so, the only thing that makes Trump look at all Presidential is the Democrats who've run against him...

Billary about to chow down on a Republican's firstborn:

1603294157497.png

Dead Man Rotting informing Bubba that he ain't black:

1603294330127.png

D'you see my point?

Then one would have to ask if Conservatives are more prone to aggression, what is up with the Leftist's in the streets committing acts of violence? Followed by what happens if Conservatives get tired of their peers on the actions on the other end of the political spectrum.

Exactly. It’s a clinical research study that found evidence of correlation.

In America, as more murders happen more ice cream is sold. This is a ‘correlation’. The additional, ‘confounding’ variation is that temperatures rise in the summer. Ice cream doesn’t ‘cause’ murder.

So the paper, whilst interesting, in no way supports the claim our boy echo makes of it.

Strange that.

Exactly. It’s a clinical research study that found evidence of correlation.

In America, as more murders happen more ice cream is sold. This is a ‘correlation’. The additional, ‘confounding’ variation is that temperatures rise in the summer. Ice cream doesn’t ‘cause’ murder.

So the paper, whilst interesting, in no way supports the claim our boy echo makes of it.

Strange that.
It just opened up more questions.

So in conclusion:-
1. You accept the Black vote is going up for Trump from the 2016 vote and in a significant number and don't forget it actually said: Black and Hispanics, where it said he is struggling with white women in suburbs... But remember, I argued weeks ago, this is about certain blocks of voters of which this is one, who are not been sampled by the pollsters.
2. On Biology; You are stretching what I said for your own purposes by suggesting, that I was applying causation across all demographics.... I explicitly used the term snowflake and was referencing the many young idiots on the streets protesting against Trump and using BLM, as a standard to motivate political violence and the tendency of cancel culture to shutdown debate.

I would - as I explicitly explain - not be at all surprised to hear the black Republican vote is ‘regressing to the mean’.

What’s bolleaux is your ‘analysis’ of it.

I’m not stretching anything. You tried to claim the paper as evidence for that snowflake drivel you posted. The paper doesn’t support what you claimed of it.

I think your trying to take all the emotion out of an issue, which tends to be rather hard. Some symbols have meaning and you should be able to understand that.

Screenshot 2020-10-21 at 16.41.11.png

It's a legitimate method of disposal according to the flag code.

The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free. The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. ... No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform.

Pity more of your countrymen only get upset about the flag occasionally.

Based on your personal line of reasoning? Or the fact that you have been conditioned to have that logical conclusion?

No, based on very simple realism.

I am proud of my country and it's flag. You can burn however many of them you like and I won't get upset. I'll think you're a bit of a pratt.

Burning a flag does not hurt me, my country, or any of it's citizens. Getting all riled up about it is not the sign of a civilised person. It's what we expect from backwards nations.

The US constitution really is a beautiful piece of work and it encourages freedom, but despises disorder. So yes, Conservatives can be disgusted with things, but generally we despise disorder even more and that gap makes us tolerant.

The modern woke/snowflake Authoritarian that infests the Democrats is a person who wants to remake society. The older establishment democrats are like the RINOs just wanting to keep control.

Point of order.

By Jonesy’s standards as a British Conservative you’d be a progressive liberal. We’ve already established that.

Unless of course by our standards you’re an extreme right wing apologist for someone like Tommy Robinson.

Oh...

View attachment 513899

The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free. The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. ... No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform.

Which is not the same as burning it as a sign of protest.

Which is not the same as burning it as a sign of protest.
Indeed. Burning as a protest is disrespectful.

As is wearing it as a bikini, a cap etc etc. People picking & choosing which bits they ignore, and which bits get them all teary-eyed.

Point of order.

By Jonesy’s standards as a British Conservative you’d be a progressive liberal. We’ve already established that.

Unless of course by our standards you’re an extreme right wing apologist for someone like Tommy Robinson.

Oh...
You said it, not me.
But yes, even the hard core in the UK would be viewed as pink bunny suit wearing hippies.

View attachment 513899

Some wags from the D+D stole an American flag in West Berlin as a joke. Circa 1986.

There was hell to pay.

When the offending subbies returned it the flag was burnt in a similar ceremony, having been ‘in the hands of the enemy’.

I'm not having a go ar the witer of these words, and while I don't know any of the details, about the deceased or his history, or what Biden did or did not say, but what gets me is that the dead man (or woman) has their entire social standing, position in the community and whether or not one side of the politic spectrum wants to kill them appears to come down to the words "a Klan leader".

Were they a kind person, good with their kids, gave to charity, mowed the lawn, washed the windows, called their mum every week, or did they drown puppies, play loud music every night, never wash their milk bottles before returning them (remember that...?) or plot to destroy Western civilisation as we know it, but nowadays it all comes down to a single sentence selected to portray the person in whatever equates to the vilest thing that anyone could be.

I know exactly what you mean.

A person could socially be a very nice, caring, loving, neighbourly individual, yet his whole being is encased and classified by the words "a Klan Leader". Though, in the case of the Klan, and similar, having spent enough time in the southern states of the USA I find that those types of individual are well suited to being pigeon holed.

He might be talking about this chap who in the 1940's joined the KKK AND STARTED HIS OWN CHAPTER then when being a Klan member was bad for PR "left". Did the KKK still have him in their pocket, cos his voting record is iffy a f#ck?

Now, if Fred Trump and the Orange Trump is to burn in the eternal fires of woke hell for his association with racists, then this Democrats Senator must surely be joining him and all that associated with him?

Thanks for that link it saves me having to hunt it down. It was a manager I know at the local builders merchant who mentioned the Biden to former KKK member link to me. He is generally trustworthy, but as I said, I have not had chance to check it out for myself yet.

Indeed. Burning as a protest is disrespectful.
It is very and thus the conflict of emotions the act draws out.
No, based on very simple realism.

I am proud of my country and it's flag. You can burn however many of them you like and I won't get upset. I'll think you're a bit of a pratt.

Burning a flag does not hurt me, my country, or any of it's citizens. Getting all riled up about it is not the sign of a civilised person. It's what we expect from backwards nations.

Sometimes to much civilisation is a bad thing.

Hitler loved dogs.

On the other hand he was a vegetarian...

Exactly. Nice, sociable, neighbourly, in this case artistic too (in a limited way), yet aptly described by the phrase: Genocidally, manic, despot.

Point of order.

Oh...
Oooohhh...who? Tommy Robinson? Who is he then? Some no mark gobshite?

Latest Threads