Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

I’m putting this here because it was the first thread in ‘Murcia.

It could go in the BBC bias or the America thread

I was just reading that Rudi Giuliani (Ex NY mayor) has found evidence on Hunter Biden’s laptop of the guy having a naked (him) call with a 14 year old child and has submitted it to Portland PD. It doesn’t seem to have made news here yet.

Being as though Trump was hauled over the coals for his son-in-laws possible activities in Russia, why are the dubious activities of Biden’s son not being treated the same?

Apologies if this is a tin foil conspiraloon, I don’t really care for the US but I hate political bias in “News”.

Im all for a level playing field, Apples vs Apples and any other stupid analogy that means fairness, how naive am I!!!

That’s entirely possible of course, as (has been discussed in this thread before) the rioting and the BLM fuckwittery is not something that’s actually on the left-right axis, but has ‘cunningly’ been placed there by Trump and his team. When called on claims that Karmala Harris, for example, supported the rioting, no evidence for same has been provided.

And that leads me to the obvious question, where’s your evidence that the Black Trump vote will double? Because obviously you won’t have just made that up.
I expected your automated rejection (very confirmation biased of you) and kept this on ice just for you:-

Evidence 1:
'Political Orientations are correlated with Brain Structure in Young Adults' authored by Ryota Kanai, Tom Feiden, Colin Firth and Geraint Rees.

Evidence 2:-
I read it in 538 which you put such great store in, remember. i.e. Trump’s support among young Black voters (18 to 44) has jumped from around 10 percent in 2016 to 21 percent in UCLA Nationscape’s polling.

I expected your automated rejection (very confirmation biased of you) and kept this on ice just for you:-

Evidence 1:
'Political Orientations are correlated with Brain Structure in Young Adults' authored by Ryota Kanai, Tom Feiden, Colin Firth and Geraint Rees.

Evidence 2:-
I read it in 538 which you put such great store in, remember. i.e. Trump’s support among young Black voters (18 to 44) has jumped from around 10 percent in 2016 to 21 percent in UCLA Nationscape’s polling.

Fool.

Asking for evidence and sources is not ‘rejection’.

Still you haven’t explained how you benchmark for conservatism.

I’ll have a look at these at some point.

I was just reading that Rudi Giuliani (Ex NY mayor) has found evidence on Hunter Biden’s laptop of the guy having a naked (him) call with a 14 year old child and has submitted it to Portland PD. It doesn’t seem to have made news here yet.

Being as though Trump was hauled over the coals for his son-in-laws possible activities in Russia, why are the dubious activities of Biden’s son not being treated the same?

Apologies if this is a tin foil conspiraloon, I don’t really care for the US but I hate political bias in “News”.

Im all for a level playing field, Apples vs Apples and any other stupid analogy that means fairness, how naive am I!!!
Because much of the MSM here is very left leaning and wants Biden to win. So anything that makes him look bad, won’t get airtime or will be censored. Hence the slight partisan divide and bad feelings both sides have. Democrats and their cheerleaders seem to be guilty of the same behaviour they lambast Trump supporters with.

Because much of the MSM here is very left leaning and wants Biden to win. So anything that makes him look bad, won’t get airtime or will be censored. Hence the slight partisan divide and bad feelings both sides have. Democrats and their cheerleaders seem to be guilty of the same behaviour they lambast Trump supporters with.

I know, it just really grips my shit that it’s not regulated, I should take it to the BBC thread and not clutter here.

We had Gamergate; journalists were working against the audience who plays games.
We had the 2008 crash; where the Markets/Banks were pilloried, but where was the financial Media before the crash. Bias in Politics; Is harder to quantify (as anyone will testify between myself and Bob)..

But a giant confirmation bias exists in the US Election and especially the Media. That giant bubble, has excluded anything which disrupts, or undermines the bubble and your Hunter story, is a perfect encapsulation of a process to deny and reject anything, which threatens to burst the bubble.

In a small way you see the process in Covid, where the media demand a simple narrative and any complexity or nuance is too complicated and it comes down to what journalists want, they're promote and only FOX wants this story to lead anywhere.

It should be criminal, whilst the rhetoric may sell news, the power of the press to manipulate life is dangerous.

What will be ironic is when the freedom of the press is revoked because it has swung too far left and you know what will happen then.

In my opinion it has already gone too far left but whilst I don’t want to see the press silenced, I would love to see an independent audit scoring their reporting, like a can star award or energy rating.

It should be criminal, whilst the rhetoric may sell news, the power of the press to manipulate life is dangerous.

What will be ironic is when the freedom of the press is revoked because it has swung too far left and you know what will happen then.

In my opinion it has already gone too far left but whilst I don’t want to see the press silenced, I would love to see an independent audit scoring their reporting, like a can star award or energy rating.
I think much of conservative America has just learned to ignore much of the media. Twitter and Facebook stunned people in a way we didn’t think possible. But once that threshold has been breached, and the shock has worn off you sort out who is who and plan accordingly.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
I know, it just really grips my shit that it’s not regulated, I should take it to the BBC thread and not clutter here.
Yes.

It will be interesting to see what a rigorous fact check makes of it.

If true, what does Biden Senior do about it?

If plainly, demonstrably false ( and time will tell) - what does it say about the depths to which those who are desperate to avoid a Dems landslide in November will go to prop up their plainly failed candidate ?

Meanwhile, for those who want a sneak peak at the likely direction of a Biden/Harris White House as far as those of us outside CONUS go - check this : Why America Must Lead Again

'' China is playing the long game by extending its global reach, promoting its own political model, and investing in the technologies of the future. Meanwhile, Trump has designated imports from the United States’ closest allies—from Canada to the European Union—as national security threats in order to impose damaging and reckless tariffs. By cutting us off from the economic clout of our partners, Trump has kneecapped our country’s capacity to take on the real economic threat. ''

The article continues:

" It is past time to end the forever wars, which have cost the United States untold blood and treasure. As I have long argued, we should bring the vast majority of our troops home from the wars in Afghanistan and the Middle East and narrowly define our mission as defeating al Qaeda and the Islamic State (or ISIS). We should also end our support for the Saudi-led war in Yemen. We must maintain our focus on counterterrorism, around the world and at home, but staying entrenched in unwinnable conflicts drains our capacity to lead on other issues that require our attention, and it prevents us from rebuilding the other instruments of American power. "

ADVISORY : Deep State Foreign Policy Wonk type stuff, requiring more than a ten second attention span - needs to be read and absorbed before making a knee-jerk 2 line response.

Loving this story on how corrupt the Bidens are.

Nice to see the truth coming out and exposing the corruption in the democrat party.
Because Trump is so, so straight...

It's my civic duty to tell the truth and expose these corrupt people and believe me when I say that, I will keep on exposing the liars, cheats and general scum at every opportunity I can. Not just in the UK, but in every English speaking forum & social media site etc.
For years the dems tried to smear an innocent man for things he never did, and now the truth is all coming out with proof I am loving it.
Bidens have been caught, Clintons are caught, and the FBI and CIA have also been found to be dodgy. I've no doubt that some people will be heading to prison soon enough - and I love how the fake media are being called out and the people are opening their eyes to this.
Trump 2020 - doesn't just affect the USA voter - it affects most people in the world one way or another.

Here's a photo of Hunter Biden smoking his crack pipe

Also here's Joe Biden, BRAGGING about his corruption,

Hardly a fake story when it's coming straight from the horses mouth :)
I'm not saying you're bullpooping, but why have you made no mention of Trump in your fearless expose of horribleness?

I hope they have allocated a special kind of hospital for these mentally retarded, useless idiots...

The radical left always likes to pull sick stunts, the good thing is we get to see what is going on inside their demented heads.
4 years has exposed them and brought their true colours to the surface for all to see.

Funnily enough I saw that, as some conservative pundit had sent it out as example of Satanism in America.

The Church of Satan has since pointed out this is a recreation of the Kali Ma sacrifice in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

I think the church of satan comes across as actually quite reasonable.

Fool.

Asking for evidence and sources is not ‘rejection’.

Still you haven’t explained how you benchmark for conservatism.

I’ll have a look at these at some point.

On current evidence, everything within my circle no matter how nonsensical is "conservative".

Everything outside the circle is satanic liberal lesbian witchcraft*

*Which is also in my history list on p*rnhub.

You could start here:

Yes.

It will be interesting to see what a rigorous fact check makes of it.

If true, what does Biden Senior do about it?

If plainly, demonstrably false ( and time will tell) - what does it say about the depths to which those who are desperate to avoid a Dems landslide in November will go to prop up their plainly failed candidate ?

Meanwhile, for those who want a sneak peak at the likely direction of a Biden/Harris White House as far as those of us outside CONUS go - check this : Why America Must Lead Again

'' China is playing the long game by extending its global reach, promoting its own political model, and investing in the technologies of the future. Meanwhile, Trump has designated imports from the United States’ closest allies—from Canada to the European Union—as national security threats in order to impose damaging and reckless tariffs. By cutting us off from the economic clout of our partners, Trump has kneecapped our country’s capacity to take on the real economic threat. ''

The article continues:

" It is past time to end the forever wars, which have cost the United States untold blood and treasure. As I have long argued, we should bring the vast majority of our troops home from the wars in Afghanistan and the Middle East and narrowly define our mission as defeating al Qaeda and the Islamic State (or ISIS). We should also end our support for the Saudi-led war in Yemen. We must maintain our focus on counterterrorism, around the world and at home, but staying entrenched in unwinnable conflicts drains our capacity to lead on other issues that require our attention, and it prevents us from rebuilding the other instruments of American power. "

ADVISORY : Deep State Foreign Policy Wonk type stuff, requiring more than a ten second attention span - needs to be read and absorbed before making a knee-jerk 2 line response.
What are these other issues the US are planning to lead us on and what are these other instruments of american power ? is Biden hinting about serious defence cuts, as that would certainly please China/Russia.

On economic power; China has made it plain that any efforts on that score would lead to a trade war as we witnessed the skirmishes under trump. I thought that was orange man bad anyway and good luck mobilising europe to do anything, which will cost money, as they're are tapped out on QE and a free trade would never get past the french and others.

I think much of conservative America has just learned to ignore much of the media. Twitter and Facebook stunned people in a way we didn’t think possible. But once that threshold has been breached, and the shock has worn off you sort out who is who and plan accordingly.
Small sections of the uk are slowly becoming self aware of this but 80% or so believe anything in their social media echo chamber and rate Facebook as 2nd only to oxygen. It's hard to make your own news feeds unbiased sadly.

On black voting demographics:

The website gives a good summary of black voting history and the switch from supporting Republicans (Lincoln) to Democrats (Kennedy).

These are solid, descriptive statistics.

Since Kennedy the vote has been around 10-15% Republican.

Electing the first black president in 2008 (unsurprisingly) takes that to an all time low of 4%.

Now I’ll just introduce the concept of ‘regression to the mean’. Something that all people with any education in statistics will have heard of but isn’t something that most people would have heard of.

Basically, it’s completely within statistical norms for the black Republican vote to rebound from the unprecedented low of 4% to something in the 10-15% range.

20% would be possible but statistically unlikely (though not impossible) without another explanatory variable (like a black middle class reaction to BLM, for example).

But, given that we are talking about black and (normally) democratic ‘swing’ voters here, it will be interesting to see what effect having Harris on the ticket has on that exact demographic.

Latest Threads