Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

offog

LE
I was going to jokingly suggest that on the 5th Nov a lot of private jests will be chartered for the new year to countries without US extradition.

But it seems Trump beat me to it.

Who do we think will be on their toes.
Barr
De Joy
Giuliani

If it goes to court, the ones in court will be Twitter, who had nothing to do with creating it but are liable for what's published on their platform.

I imagine they're both a) very shy of publishing potentially actionable material in an election season and b) less than confident the 'defender of the truth' who posted it will have the will or the means to prove them true in said court.

Why would Twitter be done for Liable? The NY Post who published the story would be liable, Twitter is covered by S230.
Twitter has now seen that censorship is bad for business and are allowing the link to the NY Post to be published on their platform, so that blows your explanation out if the water.
Twitter's action on censoring a US newspaper has done massive reputational damage to the Twitter brand.

The NY Post has already published the contract/receipt for the abandoned laptop ...... and there are reports that Hunter Biden's Lawyer has asked for clients laptops back, so there might be some truth to all of this.

The plot thickens!

The media don’t ‘bury’ stories.

They either run with it or they don’t, depending on whether they think it’s newsworthy.

Except, of course, when they do deliberately bury stories (and later admit to having deliberately suppressed them in a deal to avoid prosecution For doing so)

0812DE7D-6A33-4BD5-9167-6EBE4698D5F0.jpeg

Right?

FFS, Max Clifford made a career out of it.

But according to you it never happens.

Except, of course, when they do deliberately bury stories (and later admit to having deliberately suppressed them in a deal to avoid prosecution For doing so)

View attachment 512915

Right?

FFS, Max Clifford made a career out of it.

But according to you it never happens.

Don’t be more of a mong than you have to be.

More outrageous story = more copies sold.

The only limiting factor might be “what if it’s not true?”

Or, more importantly:

“What if it’s not true and we get sued for it”?

Piers Morgan and the fake abuse photos and the NOTW phone hacking scandal shows they do sometimes get it wrong and do get sued for it.

Which is - again - the exact opposite of ‘burying’ a story.

Max Clifford was a publicist not a journalist.

syrup

LE
Hunter / Creepy Joe and the foreigners they met are starting to gain a bit of momentum over here in the press.
Steve Bannon is claiming he's got Hunters hard drive so expect more to come out in the run up to the election.
Biden is claiming it's a smear campaign

I suppose he could always claim he's forgotten everything we'd believe that given some of the proof out there

Don’t be more of a mong than you have to be.

More outrageous story = more copies sold.

The only limiting factor might be “what if it’s not true?”

Or, more importantly:

“What if it’s not true and we get sued for it”?

Piers Morgan and the fake abuse photos and the NOTW phone hacking scandal shows they do sometimes get it wrong and do get sued for it.

Which is - again - the exact opposite of ‘burying’ a story.

Max Clifford was a publicist not a journalist.

Yes, sweetheart, wonderful...apart from the fact that they went on record admitting to having done exactly what you claimed never happens.

Well it does make for an intelligent form of getting your message across to listeners rather than a series of off the hoof thoughts and afterthoughts using a dialect version of the English language that seems to be peculiar just to the current POTUS.

Hunter / Creepy Joe and the foreigners they met are starting to gain a bit of momentum over here in the press.
Steve Bannon is claiming he's got Hunters hard drive so expect more to come out in the run up to the election.

I suppose he could always claim he's forgotten everything we'd believe that given some of the proof out there
The democrats will front this out until election day, unless, the old smoking gun is found and all the morally righteous people will start to sound as bad as the worst trump defenders.

offog

LE
How did he get it if it was given to the FBI.
Is that the same Bannon up before the beak for conning the hard of thinking.
Or is that the Bannon who publish some really credible stories.
What! Form the Trump camp! I have difficulty believing they would stoop so low.
What like Trump and Qanon.
“I know nothing about QAnon,”
“I know very little.
You told me, but what you tell me doesn’t necessarily make it fact.
I hate to say that.
I know nothing about it.
I do know they are very much against pedophilia. They fight it very hard. But I know nothing about it.”

27 times Trump can’t remember​

More than two dozen times, Trump’s answers to Mueller included phrases “I can’t remember” or “I do not recall.”

I think Trump wins that top Trump. He will be pleased he won something.

"The Trump Presidency..."​

Thread, maybe?

"The Trump Presidency"..... I saw that more as an oxymoron every year.

Last edited:
It's the Trump/Clinton playbook from 2016 just with 16 crossed out and 20 written in (in crayon).

BigT

LE
The media tried to bury the story, Facebook deleted the story, Twitter literally tried to block the story

View attachment 512736

It no longer even matters if the allegations are true - the reaction of the establishment In trying to bury it is now the story of the election.

Is this the moment Trump won the election?

The problem here is that Twitter like all of social media is a private business, it's their pitch and their rules, it's been established in US law.

Supreme court sides with baker who refused to make gay wedding cake

I know Twitter have relented under pressure but since some of the alleged emails have a .ukraine rather than the actual .ua address, I'd be somewhat sceptical about their validity.

Last edited:
The problem here is that Twitter like all of social media is a private business, it's their pitch and their rules, it's been established in US law.

Supreme court sides with baker who refused to make gay wedding cake

I know Twitter have relented under pressure but since some of the alleged emails have a .ukraine rather than the actual .ua address, I'd be somewhat sceptical about their validity.

The trouble is Twitter is seen as a pro Democrat business that has, in the past, blocked right wing users (some rightly so, others seem to be banned for political reasons). There is a Joe Rogan pod cast on this where they interview some Twitter Execs about this.

This current scandal highlights the hypocrisy or Twitter, they are quick to block an anti Biden story, but for years they have happily cashed in and let other iffy articles be promoted on their platform.

Are private tech firms now the arbiters of "truth" for the world now?

Latest Threads