Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm here typing..... more than 200,000 could do a year ago.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Given how Covid hammered our own (much younger) PM, I’m sure this news will be taken very seriously by the US authorities. Trump is slap bang in the demographic that is vulnerable to the worst ravages of Covid, so it could be a real test of his fitness and health. On the other hand, if Trump and his wife shrug this off and come through it relatively unscathed, it will be used as ‘evidence’ that the Pandemic has lost its venom and the ‘second wave’ is a not to be feared.
Interesting times ahead.
I saw rand paul the other day and did some fact checking and to be fair, some evidence exists that younger people are more prone to catching it and may have some herd immunity which accounts for the reduced number of hospitalisations.

Got covid myself three weeks ago and still have a post covid cough and tiredness and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy and it will end Trumps participation in the campaign. If he is a secret arrser then after the worst of it, I found my wifes inhaler useful to keep the chest clear.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I saw rand paul the other day and did some fact checking and to be fair, some evidence exists that younger people are more prone to catching it and may have some herd immunity which accounts for the reduced number of hospitalisations.

Got covid myself three weeks ago and still have a post covid cough and tiredness and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy and it will end Trumps participation in the campaign. If he is a secret arrser then after the worst of it, I found my wifes inhaler useful to keep the chest clear.
I 'm sorry to hear that, hope all goes as well as it can for you.

Maybe Trump could test some of the theories he has mentioned. “Bend over Mr President whilst we insert this 6‘ fluorescent tube up your jacksie. Don’t worry if it breaks, we’ve got another”.

RP.

208,000 Americans have died of COVID19 since March.

It could have been much lower.

Less dead than the U.K. per 100k? Did they screw the pooch ‘even worse’ than the U.S?

Like CO,s of a regiment, you get a good one and then a bad one..... pray you get rid of the bad one.

Less dead than the U.K. per 100k? Did they screw the pooch ‘even worse’ than the U.S?
Probably.... but the US had all the tools and the money to fix it..... and you didn't... you clusterfucked instead.

Still, decent of him to only risk piling in at the end of his Presidency.

Putin got his money's worth.

So does that mean that if Donald is ill, Mike Pence takes charge? The only thing that will stop Trump from campaigning from his hospital bed is if the can't speak, but Mike can keep up the pressure on the Dems.

And for all you who are now laughing and whooping it up because the test is positive, you really need to consider whether you can still call yourself human.
I'm sure you'd say the same if Vlad, Xi, Kim, Bashar and Recep got it, good person that you are.

And "Mike can keep the pressure up on the Dems." That would be "Silent Mike" of whom we've heard precious little of late would it?

The US has already passed the UK on the COVID-19 rankings. The countries currently ahead of the US are:
  1. Peru
  2. Belgium
  3. Spain
  4. Brazil
  5. Bolivia
  6. Chile
  7. Ecuador
  8. USA

Differences in reporting. I believe the US definition of a "Covid death" is based on the result of a post mortem if the death is already suspected to be Covid related. In the UK in includes this, plus anyone who dies who has tested positive for Covid *at any time* (the WHO guideline is "within 28 days").

I have seem some who are more knowledgable on this claim that you effectively need to halve the number of Covid deaths reported in the UK to compare with international figures.

If I worried about what people cared, I wouldn't be on Arrse.
Evil, just assumed that I would be bitching at Putin supporters......... oh, I am.

Latest Threads