Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trump Presidency...

Despite Biden being hugely unconvincing Trump clearly came off worse:

Oddly enough Fox news have a different take on it

For the first, and I hope only, time in my life I actually want a Democrat to win. Not because I sympathise with many of his beliefs but because the incumbent is such a massive clusterfuck of a human being.

Aren’t you the ‘other’ pro China poster (with smartasacommiecarrot)?

No.. they would have put up a ‘better’ candidate. More electable? I am not so sure many people see how far left the democrats core has shifted left.
If the Democrats core is now hard left, then their candidate should reflect that political stance. Failure to select a candidate that matches the parties politics just makes a mockery of the system and leads to party internal infighting.

The US clearly needs more that two main parties.

If the Democrats core is now hard left, then their candidate should reflect that political stance. Failure to select a candidate that matches the parties politics just makes a mockery of the system and leads to party internal infighting.

The US clearly needs more that two main parties.

The current third party is Libertarian. I don’t see what they have in common with Democrats.

happyuk

War Hero
To anyone who does not understand how Trump won the debate let me explain it this way.

This debate was not about swaying the undecideds, these are mostly already gone. It was about demoralizing voter bases and convincing them not to vote, that their party's candidate was not worth supporting because his views are against yours. Most of the questions aimed at Trump were to try to get him to turn away from his voter base.

For example they attacked him on his cancellation of critical race training, conflating it with racial sensitivity training. They wanted him to call it racist (which it actually is) and piss off his black voters. In response he focused on how un-American it was and was teaching people to hate their country.

They went after him on white supremacy and he agreed it was bad. And when they kept pressing him to disavow groups of white supremacists he asked them to name them and he would. And when they could only mention the Proud Boys, instead of alienating them by condemning their movement he told them to stand back and not get violent. All the topics aimed at him were like this and he avoided alienating his voters with his answers.

Meanwhile Biden crumbled. Trump kept interrupting him to steer him in a direction of his choosing and admit to things that would piss off his own voters. He got Biden to condemn the riots and say he WOULDN'T defund the police while talking about civil unrest (and therefore condemn antifa and BLM), when talking about climate change Biden said he was not for the green new deal and had his own plans. And right at the start he got Biden angry enough to claim that he is the democratic party (and not just their candidate).

Essentially the debate was all about hammering each others voter bases and Biden just jammed a bunch down other voters throats.

Dredd

LE
He was awfully weak. If the Dems had put up a credible, younger, moderate and more eloquent candidate they would have this in the bag already.

But they do have one of those already. It's just that she is not first name on the ballot paper.

Two angry old men shouting at each other.....
That is the state of modern politics. It's happening over here too. The age of debate and substance over style has long gone.
The terrifying thing is, of the 250 million people in the US, they are the 2 candidates for POTUS!

Why then do people insist that the same election rules require popularity when they don't?

That he's only the second (IIRC) successful candidate who hasn't also carried the popular vote is a by-the-by, the rules don't require it.
Then the rules are wrong

Are you voting Biden then?
If I was an American, I would, on the grounds that in a two horse race, the shaky old cart horse would be a better bet than a rabid raccoon that can't run in a straight line without stopping to go and rummage around in a dumpster.

Ah, that's right. Random Latinos are Thursday's excuse for soiling yourself.

My mistake.

That is the state of modern politics. It's happening over here too. The age of debate and substance over style has long gone.
The terrifying thing is, of the 250 million people in the US, they are the 2 candidates for POTUS!

CNN anchor summed it up....

”That was a shitshow...”

I am certainly the other 'don't believe everything that you read in the western media' poster if that is what you mean? I am not specifically pro, nor anti, anything.

Niamac

GCM
"A dead man won a fight."

Latest Threads